Keller Williams Reviews

Updated September 23, 2014
4.1

Keller Williams CEO Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Pros
  • Annual profit sharing bonuses based on real estate market's strength (in 43 reviews)

• Great Company with wonderful management team at DFW North, Great training (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't give out leads to new agents or have phones to answer for possible leads (in 20 reviews)

• Upfront high fees, no one to talk to, team leader travel all the time to attend meetings (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive

I have been working at Keller Williams

Pros

Great training and support. Fellow agents are helpful and encouraging.

Cons

Paperwork has been known to go missing, company charges for everything.

Keller Williams - A great place to learn.

Former Employee - Realtor  in  San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Realtor in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Keller Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros

Terrific culture of teaching and training. Solid skill building through community.

Cons

Expensive monthly costs associated with office and data. "Capping" commission structure could be improved.

Family Business

Former Employee - Real Estate Assistant  in  Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Real Estate Assistant in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Keller Williams as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited potential for compensation, it all depends on your work ethic and drive to reach your goals.

Cons

If you don't hustle, you don't get paid.. but that's goes for anything in life.

Stay Classy

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Room for growth

Current Employee - Director of First Impressions  in  Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Director of First Impressions in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth is a big factor of this company as a whole. There is always a way to move up in ranks. There is a lot of education and you will gain a lot of experience in this company. Culture is also a huge factor in this company and they stress an 'all for one and one for all' mentality.

Cons

Working with real estate agents can be stressful and unpredictable. Certain positions within the company cannot be confused as to who is responsible for what.

More organization and clearer explanation of duties between positions.

My experience with Keller Williams is the great energy of welcome given the first day of work until the present!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Keller Williams full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best reasons to work at Keller Williams are the weekly extensive training, the spiritual Sunday fellowship throughout various churches, the information shared, the reasonable dues, fees, and commission

Cons

Some of the challenges at Keller Williams are keeping up with various laws that may have changed over the years.

Upper Management please keep doing what you're doing. We have a great reputation here at Keller Williams Realty.

Loved working for Keller Williams

Former Employee - Real Estate Agent  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Keller Williams full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have so much technology and information available to their employees. They support your growth and advancement to help you become better and stronger in a field that depends on your own efforts to make money.

Cons

Entirely commission driven employment is hard. Perhaps offer some licensing incentives to newer agents?

Make the roll of Team Leader harder to attain. They are the backbone of the company that drives the working force.

Grerat business model and excellent training!

Former Employee - Real Estate Broker  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Real Estate Broker in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Keller Williams full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy the freedom that Keller Williams allows me. The enviroment is one of encouragement and striving to be your best. They have endless training and classes to help you build your business. I truely enjoy my career at Keller Williams.

Cons

I am my worst enemy.

I would like to see move meetings and training on live video. I am not always able to come for them, but would be able to join online.

They are better than most, but its still a vicious business

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Keller Williams as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Keller Williams is completely dedicated to your training. There are tons of training programs, so many that they have created a separate arm known as the Keller Williams University to provide these training programs. Every aspect of sales, marketing, team management, growth, and different properties will be provided in these trainings.

Cons

The problem is the training is not free. You have to pay for them. Sometimes, you are forced to enroll in programs that you may not be able to afford or don't exactly make financial sense for you to join at that time. The rebuttal to these objections is as you may have already guessed, since you don't have the money you have more reasons than anybody else to enroll. The fact is real estate whether you are selling, buying, or recruiting agents to sell and buy is a numbers game. The brokerage is fully aware that not everybody is going to make it to the finish line, and if you don't make it; no biggie because there are tons of people of every age and background that's dying to get into the field. Keller Williams is a better firm to join if you have made up your mind to enter the industry, because the other agencies do not have the training programs Keller Williams (KW) does. KW is actually light years ahead in training in comparison to their competition.

Really invest some time and effort into the people who have placed their dreams into your hands. It requires some serious patience, nurturing, and time to develop true talent. This factor is often completely overlooked in the industry. You can not reasonable expect everybody to be a sales superstar within 3 months, and its completely outrageous to force the agents to swallow their monthly agency dues.

Very positive

I have been working at Keller Williams

Pros

Tremendous support, training and education.

Cons

Large company cap is required.

Lower company cap.

KELLER WILLAIMS REALTY

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great support and training. Great business model for creating a great business. Far surpasses any other company I have worked for.

Cons

I believe the majority of real estate companies need to spend more time on training and moral integrity than making money. Just do it right and they rest will follow. Not saying this necessarily applies to KW, just saying.

Don't let your agents productivity dictate whether they should be shown the door. It gives our whole industry a bad name.
    Again just do what's right ALL THE TIME and the money will follow and our industry would have a much better reputation.

Worked for Keller Williams? Contribute to the Community!