Keller Williams

Updated November 25, 2014
4.1

Keller Williams CEO Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Pros
  • The profit sharing was nice and the work life balance was unbelievable (in 52 reviews)

• Great Company with wonderful management team at DFW North, Great training (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't give out leads to new agents or have phones to answer for possible leads (in 28 reviews)

• Some people shouldn't be real estate agents (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Friendly helpful people

Former Employee - Sales Agent in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people and the availability of lots of training.

Cons

The monthly franchise fees can be fairly high. But sometimes you can negotiate to get lower fees.

All the monthly fees can make it almost impossible for someone starting out to keep their license at Keller Williams. Maybe consider lowering fees until an agent starts making commissions and starts having a steady income.

Great in the beginning, boring by the end

Current Employee - Client Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting environment at the start. Great people to be around. I felt that personal growth was encouraged but professional growth was highly choreographed. It left little room to grow as an individual.

Cons

The energy I felt at the start of my employment seemed to fizzle as the novelty of a new job wore away. I lost confidence in leadership and their ability to create an exciting company worth working for.

Lots of training

I have been working at Keller Williams

Pros

A lot of training opportunities

Cons

Not much support from mgmt. They are more interested in expanding than anything else.

Support newbies.

A company with truly limitless opportunities and those opportunities are expanding rapidly, they have changed my life.

Current Employee - Real Estate Broker in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Real Estate Broker in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The coaching, training, consulting and education are far superior. At KW they teach you to design your own life and exactly what you want, you can take advantage of it or you can fit in with the rest and live a good mediocre life. For me though I want to be pushed to reach my true potential and live a life of no regrets. Every day I am pushing toward building my future and growing leaps and bounds from the day prior. The culture is amazing and the way people share and truly share everything is just great. It is truly something you have to experience to get the full effect. They make it about my business, not "the company"

Cons

I would say the only real cons at KW are when you do not follow the model. If everyone followed the model and had a servants heart that was open to learning and growing everyone around them there would absolutely be no cons. Some leaders are more open to growth than others, overall though still amazing company to be with.

Keep pushing our leadership lids forward, your doing great. Now is the perfect time to hit the super accelerator button. I'm hitting mine!

the experience i had with Keller Williams is wonderful.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

 Provide exceptional service through all steps in the buying or selling process
     Remain in constant contact with potential clients through marketing, e-mails, and newsletters
     Schedule showings, for potential clients
     Identify properties for particular clients

Cons

no healthcare, no production bonuses

Burn out city, you could work 24/7 and still not be done

Former Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture and training. The entire concept of KW is good, the beliefs, the systems and the training are top notch.

Cons

What they say they believe and what they actually do are two different things. the bottom line is recruit as many agents as you can without regard for quality. This erodes customer service and makes all of the agents look bad. KW is more concerned about agent count than customer service.

Focus more on quality than quantity. I feel that this brand is giving real estate agents a bad name (like used car salesmen). The concepts KW teaches and training is awesome. I believe your bottom line could be the same or more if you'd focus on more production per agent instead of just more agents. I know you collect your fees per agent but I'd rather have this amount increased and have better quality agents.

Working with Keller Williams Realty you can learn all you need to know from mentors, classes, and on the job training!

Current Employee - Realtor in Braselton, GA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Braselton, GA

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people committed to helping others achieve more. Office employees will help you get things done right for your contracts. Classes always offered to help you grow as a realtor. Team environment encouraged if you want to go that route. Great for already seasoned pros as well so that you can have that big name KW behind you, but must hit a cap on commissions, but after you keep almost 100% of your commissions(unless you are on a team.)

Cons

Monthly fee to work in this office is $100+ and always required no matter what your production is. This does not include any office space. Many classes and conferences are extremely expensive and out of town, so travel expenses might be high also. Very difficult to hit your cap while on a team. You are not allowed to manage properties under the KW name here. Make sure and ask every possible question you can think of before joining so you know every expense, and all the limitations the big name has for you. So much time wasted with unnecessary documents for every transaction just to cover liability.

Lower office fees. Lower caps. Full disclosure on where the office spends money that agents have to split with office. Make sure that all team leaders/owners are giving full disclosure about KW policies and commission splits. So much time wasted with unnecessary documents.

Great Training

Former Employee - Real Estate Agent
    Former Employee - Real Estate Agent

I worked at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

Great training, team environment was also good. Mentor made himself available

Cons

The desk fees were a little high, but once you get a commission check thats no longer an issue.

What a great company with great core values and culture.

Former Employee - Realtor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Realtor in Austin, TX

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have great training and I love their belief system that God, Family and then work in that order.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Have a strong focus on retention.

Great Training

Current Employee - Associate Broker in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Broker in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training is Awesome, they prepare their agents for the field

Cons

The company doesn't really give leads

Keep up the great work