Keller Williams Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
4.2

Keller Williams CEO Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Pros
  • Annual profit sharing bonuses based on real estate market's strength (in 43 reviews)

• Great Company with wonderful management team at DFW North, Great training (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't give out leads to new agents or have phones to answer for possible leads (in 20 reviews)

• Upfront high fees, no one to talk to, team leader travel all the time to attend meetings (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Keller Williams is second to none in the industry for training.

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Keller Williams part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture & the reputation behind the name.

Cons

High expectation for the ALC members to chair committees and conduct training and mentoring for new agents.

Show more support to the ALC members in regards to their time as they also have a business to run while donating their time to assist in training and mentoring. Update BOLD scripts training to incorporate short sale and current market conditions.

great approach to business

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Keller Williams as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Company philosophy is geared to growing your career

Cons

commission based which can be hard

too much computer stuff.

Bad initial training with an unethical broker

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Keller Williams as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good company motto, great work environment. The company events and speeches are worthwhile and pretty influential.

Cons

If you have a bad or unethical broker training you, you might as well leave. They are the ones that you have to work with and it is hard to switch brokers. The broker that I trained with allowed another sales agent to take one of my leads, putting me out of a $10k commission. It was not only a shock, but created huge trust issues with the broker in question. I was unable to even work with the group afterwards and had wasted a year in training fees for my license.

Management training on ethical and transformational leadership is suggested.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Agents BEWARE

I worked at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

Freedom of running your own business - you control your income

Cons

Unless you are a seasoned agent newbies will flounder without direction/guidance/instruction. Left to own devices while management is away on "conference"

Be engaged in your office- be present all the time as a business should be run

I worked for all offices on the West Side.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Keller Williams full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really did trust me to do my job. I was given my duties and left to complete them so long as I made my deadlines. I was able to work remotely three days of the week as well. They are a very philanthropic company that does truly try to give back. They are very pro work-life balance and host many events for their employees.

Cons

This is not a review from a Realtor, so for a Realtor, it may be a very different experience there. It was very hard to contact anyone in charge if I was having issues. All the offices were independently owned and there was continuous contention between the owners, each wanting things done their ways. I quite often got stuck in the middle of office politics with one deeming me and my position unnecessary and one one telling me I'm doing a great job. I never knew where I stood in my position. I also never felt that the manager of the actual office I was hired through had my back in anything. You never get a sense of where you stand and there is no chance of advancement. They are also very stingy on salary.

Learn to get along with one another and make decisions that are for the benefit of the company as a whole as opposed to what each owner wants for themselves. Don't put employees in awkward positions when it comes to office politics.

Awesome learning experience!

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent  in  Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Keller Williams as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The training that they give you is arguably some of the best in the business, from Ignite for new and transfer agents, to BOLD and Lead Gen 36:12:3 for those wanting to take their business to the next level. Company culture is amazing, agents always willing to help each other succeed.

Cons

Only thing that I could think of is an easier system for technology, and maybe lower office fees.

Make Your Success!

I have been working at Keller Williams

Pros

KW gives you the tools and resources to make your success. Take advantage of the supportive environment and great people to build your business.

Cons

I don't know how the KW staff can keep up with all of the agents! They do a great job, but at times you can feel a little on your own.

great team atmosphere

Former Employee - Realtor  in  Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Realtor in Temecula, CA

I worked at Keller Williams full-time for less than a year

Pros

the tools available to new agents are great. Had a large amount of resources available to me and the community outreach was amazing.

Cons

The company is willing to help with anything but not the other agents. They were more concerned about your numbers before associating with you.

stop looking at TOP performers and scoop up those new agents who need attention and guidance.

Excellent training and support.

I have been working at Keller Williams

Pros

Strong encouragement of team focus and individual growth.

Cons

You must choose to fully integrate into the culture to reap the benefits (only sometimes a con).

Private contractor

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Portland, OR

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Being a Real Estate Broker is not for everyone. If you are comfortable with uncertainty, are self motivated, and able to run your own business it might be great. unlimited pay, work any hours, work with who you like, no need to suffer fools.

Cons

no paycheck, commission only. If you don't have some money saved the first year will be very tough. You need at least 6 months savings or a spouse to support you that long.

Worked for Keller Williams? Contribute to the Community!