Kellermeyer Building Services

Mark Minasian

1. Strategic Account Manager

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at Kellermeyer Building Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady work for hard working people with ability to make your own schedule

Cons

Not enough recognition for the work you do unless you are one of the "Good Ole Boys"

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees equally throughout the company and offer the same Bonus Program to all Acct Managers and Field reps...not just the hand selected

2. the bs in kbs

Former Employee - Custodian
    Former Employee - Custodian

Pros

It's a paycheck, set schedule and as long as you do what they ask you get paid. (Not very well) but hey it's a job

Cons

Constant upheaval in the management structure. Working people with no time off ever. and hope you don't need any time to take care of a sick family member

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like rubber gloves, disposable and replaceable. Try giving hard working people a raise. The workers are the backbone of your whole company stop being d~bags to people that work hard for you And show some appreciation for a change.

3. not a work/life balance employer

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Wait a minute...... I'm trying.................. Nope! Can't think of any, unless you enjoy working every day, all day, 365 days a year. Christmas Day you can take off, but you will never catch up!

Cons

Don't ask for anything, or expect anything. If idea was not generated by upper management and their needs, you do not exist.

Advice to Management

You do not have all the answers, even though you think you do. Stop kidding yourselves.

5. Where a handshake and a smile takes the place of a paycheck or adequate equipment. . .

Former Employee - Crewe
    Former Employee - Crewe

I worked at Kellermeyer Building Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about working here is the client store staff and management.

Cons

First there is the completely inadequate pay. I have worked for more than five years, done an excellent job (according to the Client Store Manager) and never was paid more than the minimum wage. I also believe that male employees were paid more than I was for doing the exact same work (I am female), a clear violation of federal law. Next there is the lack of sufficient hours to complete jobs. I believe that a local area manager stiffed us out of about 50 extra hours that had been assigned for the holiday season, probably because he received a bonus for doing so. When a job pays so little, every extra hour one gets is important. Finally, there is a complete lack of equipment for doing the job in the first place. Where I worked, every single piece of equipment was broken, and that is no exaggeration. We had nothing to clean floors and carpets adequately, and all of the vacuum cleaners were malfunctioning, some with electrical shorts and holes in their bags. We had inadequate electrical cords and dustpans and lobby brooms that were worn completely down to the plastic retainer that held the bristles. The wall dispenser for the cleaning chemical concentrates was leaky, and we frequently could not even get cleaners and disinfectants for maintaining the restrooms. For weeks on end we had no cleaning cart and employees had to carry all equipment and supplies around the store by hand. All complaints about this fell on deaf ears. At one point, I bought my own disinfectant to clean the restrooms because of the fear of MRSA, HIV and other diseases. KBS will save money at the expense of the safety of both clients and employees.

Advice to Management

Benjamin Franklin once said that one can be "penny wise and pound foolish." Another wise person once said that "the cheap comes out expensive." When a company puts making money ahead of pleasing its customers or treating its employees well, disaster will result. This is why you are losing contracts. Stop paying management bonuses JUST for saving money and start paying bonuses to your managers who have the best reports from Clients and employees.

6. This is the worst job anyone could ever have. Stay away.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

I worked at Kellermeyer Building Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the immediate people I worked with. Glassdoor wants a 20 word minimum, but this place isn't worth that in the pros section.

Cons

It always seems that other leave interviews for the companies they either felt really satisfied about or very dissatisfied about. I’m sorry to say... I am on the bad side of the statistics. I am hoping to help someone out who may be thinking of coming to this company. I am not trying to burn bridges or turn everything on everyone else. I’d like to say a little about myself – I am quiet to those I meet in the office outside my department. It’s to keep the peace, not gossip and to ensure if I ever need help, someone has my back. My immediate department knows/knew me well. I am outgoing, fun and very efficient with my work. I had a very large area to help take care of and really tried to help the company out. With that being said, I only gained respect through my immediate company. The endless things wrong with the company as a whole, cannot be expressed in the amount of space I am given while typing this out. I am determined to stop someone from making a huge mistake by taking a position here. The pay is awful, you’re never offered a raise, no one cares about your company, no one listens to requests in this department opposed to other departments, the field is never held accountable for their actions, you’re completely disrespected, no one can figure out who is our “boss,” no one understands the amount of work we have to do, you’re constantly in overtime and cannot balance a life outside the office, you’re looked at as scum, the presidents, vice presidents, CEO, etc, etc will not take any amount of time to introduce themselves or give you the time of day for even helping in the slightest with the company as a whole. I am re-reading this entire paragraph and it’s putting it very nicely. I am not saying that every employee should constantly get a raise and be praised for doing something well. But honestly, nothing is ever good enough for anyone, people are CONSTANTLY leaving this place and they’re always in trouble with paperwork owing money and barely passing audits. Keeping in contact with the California and Mentor offices is impossible. Oh but no worries, they get whatever they need and want – even the temps. I voluntarily left with no hesitation to EVER come back. Two others in my department have recently left and two more are following. Something needs to change or this place will go nowhere. The field is pretty awful, but I have respect for the newer employees/managers. They are thrown in the mix and work way too much for their own good. I hope everyone can leave without hesitation. I’ll give this position a 1. That star represents all the employees I work closely with. The ones who know and feel the way I have for two years. Oh and two more things, this job actually perfect for someone is illegal, steals, gets away with murder and wants no trouble getting away with it AND you can’t get angry when an area manager who does absolutely nothing they’re supposed to gets a 10,000+ bonus end of year. Thank yourself for that money going into their pocket. The only people leaving good reviews I guarantee live in a nice place and are treated well by the California office. They’re beginning to ruin/run everything.

Advice to Management

Take some classes on how to treat others, how to run a successful company and just make sure you're covering your tracks well for hiring every illegal person in the United States.

7. cleaning crew

Pros

was close to transportation and work only for 3 hours everyday..

Cons

i can't get sick ....

8. Bad Pay Too Much Work

Former Employee - Cleaning Crew in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Cleaning Crew in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Kellermeyer Building Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has great part time shifts to whoever wants to work 3 to 5 hours a day/night!

Cons

Minimum wage and a lot of work! Clients are very strict and rude. Supervisors don't do their job as it should be and expect the employees to do an awesome job for them!!

Advice to Management

Choose wisely your employees! Most of them don't do nothing and get well paid!

9. Easy and carefree job

Current Employee - Crew Leader in Bay City, MI
    Current Employee - Crew Leader in Bay City, MI

I have been working at Kellermeyer Building Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a chill, laid back job that lets you work at your own pace. Theyre always hiring and the work is simple.

Cons

The stores we clean at the employees and managers treat kbs like crap. Work gets unappreciated. Two days a week its a 2 man crew day.

Advice to Management

Kbs has hard working people and some raises for those motivated people woud be helpful.

10. enjoyed working there very sorry I had to leave

Former Employee - Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Kellermeyer Building Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

never a problem going to work enjoyed going

Cons

sometime working at night was hard

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

11. Excellent

Former Employee - Regional Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kellermeyer Building Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Honestly it used to be a real good company to work for, one of the few with the bonus program

Cons

The Bonus Program has going from a good percentage to a almost nothing, also most of the Senior Management had retired , company went to investors a lot of changes

Advice to Management

Should be giving exit interviews to all employees that have been terminated especially senior management.

RSS Feed </> Embed