Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Reviews in Battle Creek, MI

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Kellogg Company President & CEO John Bryant

John Bryant

Pros
  • There is a lot of effort going into maintaining work/life balance(in 31 reviews)

• Benefits are good and when I worked there we had a company car and gas card(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is less than ideal at times, but it comes with the territory(in 47 reviews)

• middle management is lousy, no work life balance, god forbid if u have an opinion about anything(in 17 reviews)

67 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Opportunities to Grow

Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsFlexibility (Work-Life Balance is a focus with new Work Anywhere initiatives) and personal/professional development have been the standout pros for me. The people are the very best part of working at Kellogg. I am always encouraged to develop my skills, particularly my leadership skills, and given every opportunity to do so. Although my career path will likely take me outside of my current function, my manager and leadership team have taken a direct interest in setting me up for long-term career success at Kellogg.

ConsAdaptability is a necessity, as the business and CPG environment are changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanges are tough of everyone, continue to support employees and build morale.

Overall a decent place to work but company is too risk-adverse to play in today's market.

Associate Food Technologist (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsI love the work that I do and the people I work with. Everyone is super supportive and there seem to be good opportunities for those who are willing to put in the time to get where they want to go.

ConsLiving in and around the Battle Creek area is terrible for anyone without a family. There is very little life outside of work for those under 40 and single. Kalamazoo is a slightly better town but not by much.

Very disappointing comapny to work for over the last 2 years.

Fianance (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsFlexible schedule depending on your department

ConsNo job security. You live in fear of being reorg'ed right out of the company everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Board of Directors and the CEO need to invest in their employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get ready to work around the clock

Anonymous (Former Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsGreat company/brand name recognition; great people; interesting work

ConsProcess-oriented to the point of making it difficult to get things done; absolutely no work-life balance (nor any real recognition that it is needed). Difficult to recruit great talent to area.

Advice to Senior ManagementKellogg should be fun place to work, and it could be!

Too process focused

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsPay and benefits are good.

ConsMany key leaders focus too much on improving process and cutting costs rather than supporting innovative ideas that will get the business back on track or take it to the next level. In addition, many leaders are paralyzed with, "we need more data" and therefore there is a lack of action. Bench strength is at an all time low.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring so many consultants, they've done nothing but slow us down and screw things up. Also, stop working with ad agencies that only know how to present ideas that support their business rather than Kellogg's.

Diversity is a myth

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsCompany with great brands and great talent.

ConsLimited career opportunities for women. Regardless of existing programs for diversity and inclusion, management actions favor men and traditional families. Men are promoted easily as compared to women. They talked about flexible work arrangements and diversity, but in reality they expect you to make the arrangements even when they can put your family in jeopardy. Leaders have to walk the talk .

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should embrace diverse styles and backgrounds. Diversity is not hiring people from different backgrounds, beliefs and styles and then forcing them to fit the Company mold if they want to grow and succeed.

Great place to work.

I Have Been Working At the Kellogg Company for 1+ Years (Former Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsFair compensation coupled with an abundance of opportunities for both personal and professional growth within the organization. Hard-working, friendly team members from diverse backgrounds.

ConsWork-life balance is less than ideal at times, but it comes with the territory. Slow to adapt and react to industry trends. At times too much emphasis is placed on frivolous team building, rather than building the business and striving for innovation.

Great experience as a student

Student Intern (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsExposure to great brands
    Company values teamwork and family atmosphere
    Great opportunities for interns and full time employees

ConsSome trouble with new SAP system

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication could be improved.

Kellogg Company Global Sourcing & Social Media responded to this review

May 23, 2014

We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your internship experience with Kellogg Company! We hope that you will continue to grow your career with us!

One of the best companies to work for

CREDIT & COLLECTIONS (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsWork/Life Balance, Promote Health Awareness, Diversity

ConsThere are no concerns at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice to management at this time

Kellogg Company Global Sourcing & Social Media responded to this review

May 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that your experience working with us has been a positive one! We nurture an environment where our employees can thrive, it's great to know that our ... More

Good Place to Work

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

Pros- There is a lot of effort going into maintaining work/life balance. My manager is very flexible and allows me to work remotely when needed. The pay is good.

Cons-seems to be reactive instead of proactive in the marketplace. Restructuring often, constant worry about job loss. After a few job rotations, it may be difficult to find a progressive role to move into without physically moving locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the recent work, long term strategy.

Worked for Kellogg Company? Contribute to the Community!