Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Kellogg Company President & CEO John Bryant

John Bryant

Pros
  • There is a lot of effort going into maintaining work/life balance(in 31 reviews)

• Benefits are good and when I worked there we had a company car and gas card(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is less than ideal at times, but it comes with the territory(in 47 reviews)

• middle management is lousy, no work life balance, god forbid if u have an opinion about anything(in 17 reviews)

My experience at Kellogg has been very fulfilling.

IT Intern (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsThe opportunities for developing my skills, the people who are fun to talk to, and the impact on people, employees and consumers alike, that you feel you have control over, all make the job seem quite fulfilling.

ConsSomewhat thrown into the job, yet once up to speed, I never quite felt I was put to my full potential.

Great experience as a student

Student Intern (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsExposure to great brands
    Company values teamwork and family atmosphere
    Great opportunities for interns and full time employees

ConsSome trouble with new SAP system

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication could be improved.

Kellogg Company Global Sourcing & Social Media responded to this review

May 23, 2014

We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your internship experience with Kellogg Company! We hope that you will continue to grow your career with us!

Internship

Prosdecent pay, flexible work hours, nice people, good environment

Consdifficult to get help, can be unstructured

Advice to Senior Managementstructure the internship program more, have more help available. Sometimes the attitude is poor because the business is struggling. Have a better training program for interns. I was often given projects with little direction, and then struggled to receive help.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales sales sales

Territory Service Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsWork on your own. Good benefits.

ConsUsing and abusing your own car. Sales goals outrageous. Back stock just piles up. Never got credit for effort put in. Lazy part time help. Laid off due to territory adjustment even though my sales rep still had 42 hours a week to use for service reps. All products contain GMOS no real healthy alternatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould be easily managed and less stress for store managers but what do they care.

One of the best companies to work for

CREDIT & COLLECTIONS (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsWork/Life Balance, Promote Health Awareness, Diversity

ConsThere are no concerns at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice to management at this time

Kellogg Company Global Sourcing & Social Media responded to this review

May 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that your experience working with us has been a positive one! We nurture an environment where our employees can thrive, it's great to know that our ... More

There is no Balance

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Salem, OR

ProsI had great local field co workers and a good team environment.

ConsThe company has very unrealistic expectations of its field sales staff. The territory managers are often working 7 days a week. The merchandisers are at the same time starving because there is no work. This alternates with so much work for the merchandisers they are pulling in overtime. It is impossible to maintain a steady income or carry a second part time job to balance things out. They do not give their part time people mileage! They are the only company that does not.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing long term good employees at an alarming rate. You are mismanaging things something awful and are to cheap to see where you could improve the delivery system. Nabisco will own you soon if you don't figure it out.

RSR Position

RSR-DSD (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat benefits but tricky sometimes when it comes to incentives to their employees

ConsYou will be obliged to pay 18 cents a mile from your house to your first stop and last stop to your house. Technically, you will paying your personal miles .That's right! They took off the $150 a month because they want us to drive less... Our competitor paid overtime to their sales people, us, no..... Working 10 to 12 hours a day is their way of life. No work life balance. Not enough merchandising support because you lacked your sales volume. It's more of a having huge number of stores where you get help versus less number of stores with less or no help at all. You have no option....

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic with our budgets. Give us more merchandising support. We understand that you protect the money of the investors but it's inhumane to have your people work like a machine. Machine can be fixed and manipulated but for humans, you can't be repaired.....

Part time Merchandiser

Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) Wildwood, NJ

ProsWas able to enter hours that I just sat in my car for. Pretty easy job for the most part except for the long hours, it gets rough on your knees and back.

ConsManager had too many stores so he was constantly calling me to see what inventory was like in every store even when I was not working. Many of the full time merchandisers are incapable so I had to do their job too.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in young part time merchandisers. a lot of them are smart and could bring value to the company if they stayed on.

Horribly long hours

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsBenefits are good and when I worked there we had a company car and gas card. It's the only thing that kept me working for Kelloggs!

ConsToo many Hours! I was a Territory Manager, if a merchandiser calls in you cover for them, no extra pay either...you are a salaried employee! If you just work your job you will be putting in at least 65 hours if not more. Then add the merchandisers hours on top of that. Also they give you a pool of labor hours each month for your merchandising help, it's never even close to enough. Then the company forces in pallets of items the store doesn't need or want and you take the heat from the store manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more merchandisers, it's inhumane how many hours you work the TM's! Quit hiring DM's in the "Ol Boy" club. I had a DM who had no idea what he was doing. He had never done my job and they promoted him.

Retail sales representative

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Amarillo, TX

ProsGood company with great leadership.

ConsStressful to meet budget, difficult to service stores with part time help.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore full time merchandisers

Worked for Kellogg Company? Contribute to the Community!