Kellogg Company

Updated October 23, 2014
3.1

Kellogg Company President & CEO John Bryant
John Bryant

Pros
  • Very flexible on work-life balance especially with the summer hour schedule (in 33 reviews)

• Pay and benefits are average IT work life balance is good (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is less than ideal at times, but it comes with the territory (in 61 reviews)

• middle management is lousy, no work life balance, god forbid if u have an opinion about anything (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Typical Job

I worked at Kellogg Company

Pros

Kellogg company overall is a very nice place to work with suitable benefits.

Cons

Company could consider more opportunities to connect with other departments and lateral moves.

good money , bad management

Current Employee - Mechanic in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Mechanic in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

quality of work,good wages and benefits

Cons

management,poorly run,lack of accountability bad moral and and no advancemen

listen to employees

typical big compnay

I worked at Kellogg Company

Pros

system and IT infrastructure are great. Powerhouse brands make selling much easier. best in class pipeline of innovation. smart peers

Cons

tough to get a project completed - not nimble. sr mgt is not that much smarter than the rank and file. very finance focused

OK

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Bend, OR

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Products and good co workers

Cons

Long hours, terrible boss, no direction

spend time in the field

Retail Sales Manager- STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! Don't make a bad judgement and leave a great company for this job.

I have been working at Kellogg Company

Pros

Being in the field, independent work. That's honestly the only positive. Decent pay but with the hours worked your making minimum wage.

Cons

No work life balance, rude managers. Manager threatens jobs at every meeting. Management sneaks in product to stores and make you deal with it.

I'm about to take my toys and go play in anther sandbox. Too volitile here!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well to start off I am having a hard time coming up with a "20 word minimum" but I will say that if you are willing to give up your soul you can get cereal for $1.50 a box. There that is as much as I can say.....

Cons

Kellogg has in my opinion lost their reputation as being a great company to work for. The sacrifices greatly outweigh the bennifits. I am unsure of the reasoning behind Kelloggs cost cuttings but I am sure in order to maintain a fortune 500 company you must have a loyal, comitfelt nd an energetic work force behind it. When you sacrifice your employees wellbeing for a bottom line that looks good on paper this quarter you will end up paying for it tenfold. There is an ideology of moving out the old workforce that was a part of the "good old days at Kellogg " team and replace them with the "starving fresh out of college" team that is willing to work for less. Much of the "upper management" is no being burdened with these financial cost cutting tactics. If my grandfather was to run Kellogg he would say fix what needs to be fixed, don't go buy new you can't afford it... I.e. GBS. I hate to say it but I feel as though I am on a sinking ship. Please know this has not always been the way myself and many of my coworkers have felt. Kellogg was once a great company to work for. But they will provide you with the necessary equipment to keep you tethered to them (computer and phone ). But don't forget, that is Kelloggs property any personal activity is grounds for termination. I hope when seeking out your future employer you have the ability to sift thru the PR departments 5star bandage they are trying to put on this wound. Remember good news travels fast bad news travels even faster. Kellogg has a great workforce but apparently the inability to recognize it.

Thank you or great job goes a long way!! Or a simple note of appreciation. It wasn't broke quit trying to fix it.

Sales Analyst

Current Employee - Sales Analyst
    Current Employee - Sales Analyst

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong salary, decent amount of time off, great tuition reimbursement policy, exciting products, company store for employees, growth opportunities within the company.

Cons

Could adapt a more flexible work-life balance program. Employees have the ability to work remotely or from home, but that is often not encouraged. Flexible work schedules like compressed work week are also not encouraged. With this being a large company, it often experiences re-orgs to keep up with a changing environment. This can be stressful for it's employees. They could also have a better on-boarding program. Other parts of the company may have a stronger program, but for the positions I have experienced, the onboarding/training programs were lacking. They are also very excel heavy in reporting, and this allows for much human error. They need to adapt more automated processes, through the use of IT systems.

Part Time Merchandiser

Former Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Kellogg Company part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the hours were extremely flexible, team was very kind and understanding, great work environment, and I always loved their products which my supervisor would sometimes let me take home credited products due to broken or smashed boxes.

Cons

I sometimes had to work seven days a week for only two hours each day which was costing more in gas than I was earning. Other times I worked one day for ten hours it just depends really.

I prefer a more certain work schedule. I do not care how long I work each day I just want to know at least a week ahead of time so I could have planned my study time better.

Nice

I worked at Kellogg Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

lots of experience to learn from

Cons

Promotions, it is a nice and friendly enviroment

Kellogg is an excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - EHS Technician in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - EHS Technician in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Kellogg offers great pay and benefits. As long as you are willing to work hard this company will take care of you. Kellogg has come a long way with employee personal development in the past few years. I am very proud to work for Kellogg.

Cons

The work life balance can be demanding at times. I would like to see more individual recognition programs.