Kellogg Company

Updated November 13, 2014
3.1

Kellogg Company President & CEO John Bryant
John Bryant

Pros
  • Very flexible on work-life balance especially with the summer hour schedule (in 33 reviews)

• Pay and benefits are average IT work life balance is good (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is less than ideal at times, but it comes with the territory (in 61 reviews)

• middle management is lousy, no work life balance, god forbid if u have an opinion about anything (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Was a great place to work. Not so much now.

Current Employee - Coater in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Coater in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and very good benefits.

Cons

We have very poor leadership from our ceo. He cares only about his profits and nothing about the people that make the profits for this once great company. Will not stand behind a union contact that he agreed to. Just sorry and the stockholders need to send him on his way.

listening to the people that do the jobs when looking to improve performance. Have parts available to fix equipment when needed.

Would not recommend this job unless changes are made.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and you can try the products daily.

Cons

Out of touch upper management. No work life balance. Constant overtime with little warning and scheduling changes constantly. Upper management pushes their tasks down to supervisors. No support. Constant machine break downs. Broken promises by upper management.

We have given plenty advice as a team to improve, but upper management does not follow through.

Lanacster kelloggs plant is going down the wrong road. Help us find the yellow brick road again please.

I have been working at Kellogg Company

Pros

Best reason to work at Kelloggs was:Mgt would listen to Employees.Mgt use to ask employees to problem solve.Not any more.

Cons

keeping your mouth shut as u watch Mgt destroy our plant.

Listen to employees. when cutting jobs look at total impact.Dont cut jobs that cost us 30% of warehouse and now can not run plant at 100%. stoping prod now. warehouse full. Battle Creek Kelloggs Please help us in Lancaster.

Good Company

Current Employee - Account Executive in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Florence, KY

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great organization to work for seems that there is a great outlook for a future within.

Cons

Long hiring process which is good

None

If you want a heart attack come work for Kellogg's

Former Employee - Floor Manager
    Former Employee - Floor Manager

I worked at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is very competitive in the food industry.

Cons

-Medical benefits are terrible every since the switch to Cigna
    -If you work in the plants you have no life. Might as well be single or looking to get divorced if you want a career with this company (in the plants)
    - The Unions are KILLING THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't negotiate in good faith with them because they don't care about our bottom line
    -Don't look for your bosses to have your back because most are immature, spineless and have never been groomed to be managers
    -No one is held accountable for their actions (extremely frustrating when your trying to do the right thing)
    -There is no teamwork
    -There is no recognition for hard work, only beat downs when something goes wrong
    -If you want to live the Kellogg fantasy go to corporate
    -You'll hear "that's not my job" very frequently
    -Your best talent is leaving you and you're not doing anything about it

The unions are killing this company. I used to love working for Kellogg's some years ago. I though that I could change the world. Now all I feel is deep rooted animosity toward plant leadership for letting the union take a stronghold on what used to be an enjoyable place to work. Have a higher standard for new hires. You get crappy work when you hire crappy people. Training programs are a joke. Get consultants into the plants who know how to train and create real training programs so your operators can truly be proficient at their jobs. You will see less downtime and scrap. Stop trying to be like P&G. KWS is a joke! Take back whats yours and go back to the original W. K. Kellogg formula. If all this keeps happening, Kellogg's will be bought out in 3-5 years. The following quote is from W. K. Kellogg himself, "I’ll invest my money in people". If you truly believed that you would have put sustainable processes in place way before now to save the company and adequately train people to run your plants they way they should be. Margins have been deteriorating for years. Now that you have noticed that it's time to climb out of the cellar. I'm truly disappointing at what has happened to this company.

Nice place, nice team, HR department need to get better.

Former Employee - In-house Lawyer in Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - In-house Lawyer in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Kellogg Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had the chance to learn new knowledge about marketing campaigns and entertainment market. Great legal experience. Nice a young co-worker.

Cons

They should care better of this employees because there are so many trainees working long hours. They do not pay enough for such schedule.

Performance Review Process Sucks

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you can write your self

Cons

you dont get to report about how you are being managed they can only report what they like or dislike about you

none

Hostile Work envirnoment

I worked at Kellogg Company as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I cannot think of any at this time

Cons

Wanted me to break down what I was doing every hour of everyday. This was requested by by a new Director in Recruiting who had zero corporate experience. She was a complete micro manager which is usually a great indication of someone incompetent and over their head.

The types of emails I would receive from my "manager"

"We are paying you at a rate of over $150k/year ($65/hr + 20% agency fee). For 40 hrs/week for 50 weeks….that’s over $150k. We can’t justify spending that cost and not have specifics on what you’re working on hourly….especially in these first few months. If other companies are comfortable paying that without justification, then great. Here at Kellogg, that’s not possible."

Typical Job

I worked at Kellogg Company

Pros

Kellogg company overall is a very nice place to work with suitable benefits.

Cons

Company could consider more opportunities to connect with other departments and lateral moves.

good money , bad management

Current Employee - Mechanic in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Mechanic in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

quality of work,good wages and benefits

Cons

management,poorly run,lack of accountability bad moral and and no advancemen

listen to employees