Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Kellogg Company President & CEO John Bryant

John Bryant

Pros
  • There is a lot of effort going into maintaining work/life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Benefits are good and when I worked there we had a company car and gas card (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is less than ideal at times, but it comes with the territory (in 47 reviews)

• middle management is lousy, no work life balance, god forbid if u have an opinion about anything (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Account executive

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsFair pay, advancement opportunities, good people

ConsHealthcare is not as competitive as rival companies

DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThere are none! Can't think of any- nope not a one!

ConsI worked my butt off worked round the clock and a lot my stores liked me but hated not getting attention they deserved. The company piles on way tooooo much work for one person!!! Great experience in knowing to help people realize it's a horrible place to work and hopefully these reviews will stop someone from applying!

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure it out fools--- 15/16 stores per person is TOOOOO MANY!!!! You are running your staff ragged and stores see it! You can't have a million voice conferences a day and send out 30 emails a day and expect that to be another thing sales rep check if they are spending 50-60 hours a week alone in travel and store sales. You have the worst company structure I've ever seen!

Enjoyable Sales Internship

Intern - Hourly (Former Employee)

Pros-Good compensation, ,multiple visits to headquarters for orientation and trainings, exposure to different sales functions (Accounts, Foodservice, Distribution, etc), company car, laptop, and phone, moving stipend opportunity to meet the CEO, presented final project to senior management, potential full time offer

Cons-Lots of time spent stocking shelves, DSD is a stressful business to work in, headquarters and regional offices were sometimes out of sync on what the objective of the internship was

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very disappointing comapny to work for over the last 2 years.

Fianance (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsFlexible schedule depending on your department

ConsNo job security. You live in fear of being reorg'ed right out of the company everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Board of Directors and the CEO need to invest in their employees.

Overall a decent place to work but company is too risk-adverse to play in today's market.

Associate Food Technologist (Current Employee) Battle Creek, MI

ProsI love the work that I do and the people I work with. Everyone is super supportive and there seem to be good opportunities for those who are willing to put in the time to get where they want to go.

ConsLiving in and around the Battle Creek area is terrible for anyone without a family. There is very little life outside of work for those under 40 and single. Kalamazoo is a slightly better town but not by much.

ok.....

Prosthe money and some co workers

Consthey ok... too much ot

Majority of employees are contracted workers with no opportunitiy to grow and become hired as full-time employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Above average pay
    -Opportunity to work on many different projects
    -Raises easy to come by
    -Early leave on Fridays
    -No micro-managing

Cons-Office is completely run based on who you know, not what you know
    -Contracted workers will NEVER have the opportunity to become full-time Kellogg employees
    -Expected to be available to upper management 24/7
    -No paid time off or paid sick days for contracted employees
    -Expected to come in on days when the office is considered closed, and upper management is not showing up
    -People in specific roles are under utilized, while employees who are at higher levels, and have no idea what they are doing or how to communicate with level 1, 2, and 3 employees are given a mulititude of projects that they have no business being on.
    -Under-staffed

Advice to Senior ManagementI think if you better utlized the people you have, and stop laying off people without telling them until their last day, the employee moral would be better. Everyone is constantly afraid to lose their job, and because of this nobody will help anyone out, and there is no loyalty in the office. Since you are laying off 15-20 people at a time, and being dishonest about what is going on, nobody wants to be there. The people who did enjoy their job left because they wanted to get out before they got laid off too. You will not have any employees within the year if practices like this keep happening.

Decent company that could do better!

Plant Electrician (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsOverall decent benefits through union contract.
    Medical coverage is better than average.
    Steady work with opportunity for lots of OT.

ConsZERO professional development.
    ZERO training
    ZERO paid sick days.
    Expected to do the other peoples job because they refuse to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to invest more in training and development. Offer performance bonuses for hourly employees.

Very disappointing

RSR (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe pay is good if you are willing to sell your soul

ConsI had dozens of store and grocery managers that I had to make happy. Yet if only one called in and complained on service, even if performed by the TSR or part timers under me, I would get written up. Yes, even on PERSONAL DAYS I was written up due to a complaint of bad service ON MY DAY OFF. SEriously, the guy under me didn't even get in trouble for not doing his job. I was written up and put on a PIP, during the time in which I I hit 106% sales during a six month period. They expect too much and NEVER did I have a full time TSR working under me in the 2 and half years as RSR. I was also promised that I would only merchandise 20% of the time. It ended up being more like 95% of the time, while I went after and cleaned up after part timers all week. I have found that across the board, this company is greedy and cares nothing for its employees. I have worked under 4 different DMs in and its not all their fault- the company stressed me day and night. It was like a horrible nightmare to work here. I would rather work any hours with any pay doing anything else than live this horror of Kellogg's one more day. I quit after a total of 6 years. Sad, I wanted this to be my life long career, but I was too MISERABLE. Even on my time off, fear of being fired or fussed at lingers. They expect to much and over look the good things you do. Greed and expectations that are too high and there is no home life balance, no matter how many hours I put in. They wouldn't even leave me alone during my vacation. My emails and texts seem to NEVER stop.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the good your employees do. Encourage them and quit putting unrealistic expectations on them. I was a great salesman but rarely got to sale as I was too busy trying to make my stores look good after all the part time help left. Let RSRs write up the TSR and part time. Otherwise, they are not accountable for their own work.

Gr-e-e-e-dy!!

Production (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsGreat pay and benefits. For now that is.

ConsCurrent senior leadership wants to slash everthing and run off to the bank with it. Work 7 days per week and some 12 hour days.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people!

Worked for Kellogg Company? Contribute to the Community!