Kellogg Company

Updated October 23, 2014
3.1

Kellogg Company President & CEO John Bryant
John Bryant

Pros
  • Very flexible on work-life balance especially with the summer hour schedule (in 33 reviews)

• Pay and benefits are average IT work life balance is good (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is less than ideal at times, but it comes with the territory (in 61 reviews)

• middle management is lousy, no work life balance, god forbid if u have an opinion about anything (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

It's been a positive transition into the food and beverage industry from hard goods manufacturing.

Current Employee - Engineering Manager
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong compensation plan, good program for moving within the organization.

Cons

The company and/or industry is trying hard to catch up with other industries in terms of establishing documented quality and operational management systems. This may be a negative to some who have already experienced this in previous organizations, but it is a welcome addition for the long run.

kellogs is an employers that demands a lot

I have been working at Kellogg Company part-time

Pros

.pays and benefits are good. the job is very secure and the products are great.

Cons

work life balance is awful. working at least 6 days a week

more attention

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Human Resource Specialist
    Current Employee - Human Resource Specialist

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In my two roles I have had within Kellogg, both of my managers have been very interested in my career development. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow if you have the right attitude. The culture is great, very people oriented and friendly.

Cons

The location is not favorable at hQ. The office is nice, but it would be better if they location was near a bigger sity.

Retail Sales Manager- STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! Don't make a bad judgement and leave a great company for this job.

I have been working at Kellogg Company

Pros

Being in the field, independent work. That's honestly the only positive. Decent pay but with the hours worked your making minimum wage.

Cons

No work life balance, rude managers. Manager threatens jobs at every meeting. Management sneaks in product to stores and make you deal with it.

OK

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Bend, OR

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Products and good co workers

Cons

Long hours, terrible boss, no direction

spend time in the field

I'm about to take my toys and go play in anther sandbox. Too volitile here!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well to start off I am having a hard time coming up with a "20 word minimum" but I will say that if you are willing to give up your soul you can get cereal for $1.50 a box. There that is as much as I can say.....

Cons

Kellogg has in my opinion lost their reputation as being a great company to work for. The sacrifices greatly outweigh the bennifits. I am unsure of the reasoning behind Kelloggs cost cuttings but I am sure in order to maintain a fortune 500 company you must have a loyal, comitfelt nd an energetic work force behind it. When you sacrifice your employees wellbeing for a bottom line that looks good on paper this quarter you will end up paying for it tenfold. There is an ideology of moving out the old workforce that was a part of the "good old days at Kellogg " team and replace them with the "starving fresh out of college" team that is willing to work for less. Much of the "upper management" is no being burdened with these financial cost cutting tactics. If my grandfather was to run Kellogg he would say fix what needs to be fixed, don't go buy new you can't afford it... I.e. GBS. I hate to say it but I feel as though I am on a sinking ship. Please know this has not always been the way myself and many of my coworkers have felt. Kellogg was once a great company to work for. But they will provide you with the necessary equipment to keep you tethered to them (computer and phone ). But don't forget, that is Kelloggs property any personal activity is grounds for termination. I hope when seeking out your future employer you have the ability to sift thru the PR departments 5star bandage they are trying to put on this wound. Remember good news travels fast bad news travels even faster. Kellogg has a great workforce but apparently the inability to recognize it.

Thank you or great job goes a long way!! Or a simple note of appreciation. It wasn't broke quit trying to fix it.

Of course human resources and recruiters will say they love kelloggs..... It's their job. But what's the truth??? It's the most toxic atmosphere that has no handle on work life balance or how to treat employees

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at Kellogg Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pros are ummmmmm. Let me think for a sec? You don't have to worry about your manager yelling at you every day because your customers will do that hourly!

Cons

No work life balance. No respect. Lies and they ask you to be deceitful so no morals. They shove product in stores without you knowing and make you deal with it. Impossible goals. Impossible work load labor ratios.

Get a clue!

ridiculous, unhealthy hours (50+ expected); most unprofessional DM I have ever experienced

Former Employee - DSD Retail Sales Representative
    Former Employee - DSD Retail Sales Representative

I worked at Kellogg Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

"recognized" brand; benefits are typical big company and therefor good; company car

Cons

not surprised they are sued for expecting employees to work such early, long hours

know your DM's and how they conduct business and what they expect (level of professionalism a joke)

Very disappointed of the lack of honesty and integrity for such a huge corporation.

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Arlington, TX

I worked at Kellogg Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I loved the challenge and passion I had for all my accounts and teammates. The benefits and pay were very nice. I loved that I was #1 out of 2 district that hit my annual budget. I had a base salary + bonus and was given a company car for business and personal use. The insurance they carry is great.

Cons

It was humanly impossible to have work/life balance. I had to work at least 12-18 hours a day due to labor being cut. I had 23 accounts that I could not service every acct. properly. When I went out for surgery and came back with no restrictions, I was terminated. This is were Kellogg lost all my respect. I was dedicated employee that was the #1 sales rep. 90% of my time with this company.

They should not let a person is upper management curse at their employee. I had a medical issue come up and I had taken care of, but had taken care of. We are all human and should be treated that way. I was promoted very quickly due to my rapport with all my accounts. I would love to work for a company that appreciates and stands up for an employee that has been so dedicated to them.

Managers want the title, but not the duties

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is acceptable, benefits are acceptable.

Cons

Managers and above really love their titles, but sure don't care about the duties that come with it.