Kellwood

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jill Granoff

High school allover again

Production Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kellwood full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat health benefits that include dental, health and vision.

Consbad production manager and overall bad vibe of people that work there. it's all from hong kong mostly and china.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to start to learn to see who is doing the real work adn who is just taking the credit for the work.

Learned good skills, but the social and mental environment was too tiring.

I have been working at Kellwood

ProsCompany parties, vacation days, benefits

ConsGossip, condescending attitudes, strange hours

Kellwood IT

Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Kellwood full-time for more than a year

ProsKellwood has a very advanced cutting edge approach to developing technology. IT employees are exposed to numerous new technologies and their support.

ConsKellwood is still working to establish sound financial footing to move forward with growth. The jobs at Kellwood have been unstable over the past few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a human cost to staff reductions. Don't place the burden of poor management decisions on the workers that were not a part of the decisions.

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kellwood as an intern

ProsGreat company very friendly and energetic

ConsNormal inner company politics that are dealt with.

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct more meetings where there's a clear understanding with an acceptable deadline.

Kellwood was OK.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Kellwood full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent employee discount across Kellwood brands. Nice benefits with 401k, health care, and vacation time. Success is recognized.

ConsManagement is too hard on stores that do not make their numbers, even if it is not the fault of the manager (i.e. weather). Corporate staff is hard to reach. Kellwood buys brand and throws them away or leaves them to die (BLK DNM, Adam, etc). Little room to move from retail to corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your retail staff!

Lack of training. Office drama

Production (Former Employee)

I worked at Kellwood full-time

Prosthe paid is good.

ConsThe company never gave employees any sufficient training or assigned anything to do. You would never learn anything from this company besides playing the office politics

Advice to Senior Managementshould provide enough training to new employees.
and be responsive anyone

Organized yet not "teamwork" driven

I worked at Kellwood full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge corporation with many divisions to grow into. If you're a "go getter" and know how to get people to notice you, you'll be fine here. Depending on your position or which division you are working in .

ConsMust be of a strong Character to manage yourself in this environment. long hours are normal.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher up management should try a more supportive angle, versus the aggravated approach that things are being done to their standard. not everyone can handle the talking down style

Technical Designer

Technical Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kellwood full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits, 401K. Accumulative Paid All major Holidays. Vacation max accrued 5 weeks..

ConsDepending for what department you work for they may be long hours.

Very comfortable workplace, good people, great work-life balance

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)
Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Kellwood full-time for less than a year

ProsCasual jeans always office, very laidback and great work-life balance (I only know about the corporate department managers though), Company does a lot of little things for the employees like seasonal lunch parties,fall, spring, etc. not just Christmas, opportunities for employee discounts on the brands, quarterly company-wide updates on the business from the execs - it's nice to know what's going on in the company you work for and how your part helps. Excellent tuition program! I can finally go back to school! Also, if you get tired or bored with your position and need a change of scene, you can apply to transfer to one of the other areas/departments if there's room and learn a whole new side of the accounting/finance.

ConsCommunication between the different accounting areas is not the best and since each group can only see/access part of the whole financial picture (checks and balances thing I guess), it is very necessary to relay your info to others in clear detail. Some related processes need to be cleaned up and updated but making that change is slow going when everyone is always pretty busy.

Closing every month is a three day deadline which can mean working late every closing for some depending on how big your part of the closing is.

The exec management keeps changing. Change is good, and this company is always changing since it is a fashion profile company, but the current execs have only been in for less than two years and are already going off with one of the brands and Kellwood has yet another new CEO. Hopefully the company vision and direction don't change too drastically again. I personally think the new CEO is of the same mind as the last, which is good.

Good, stable work, pay and culture.

CAD Artist (Former Employee)

I worked at Kellwood full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReasonable hours - never worked late. Gave me good raises for 4 years. Good, understandable and reasonable management, process and direction. Always growing and accumulating reputable new labels. A lot of talented designers to work with.

ConsExtremely corporate - so advancement from your position is not always easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked there a long time ago - probably different management now. Aurthur Gordon was CEO at the time, and he was fine.

Worked for Kellwood? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kellwood reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kellwood CEO Jill Granoff. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Kellwood employees.