Kelly Aerospace Reviews

CEO

1. Kelly Aerospace = Revolving door, no reviews, no raises

Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Willoughby, OH
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Willoughby, OH

I worked at Kelly Aerospace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, microwave, refrigerator, quiet work environment, smoke free

Cons

No reviews, no raises, addition of more duties with no raise in pay, cleaning toilets

Advice to Management

First and foremost, this is NOT a real Inventory Control Clerk position. Got a call from HR Recruiter Stacey Smith in response to my inquiry of Inventory Control Clerk. Stacey Smith arranged for me to interview with Jeff Barlett, Engineering Manager and Jeffrey Kelly, CEO of Kelly Aerospace. I asked for a job description at the beginning of the interview. Jeffrey Kelly was unable to provide a job description, just a verbal "here's what we're lookin' for". Got the job @ 14.00/h. Started and learned their SAGE50 Accounting Software package in conjunction with established inventory control system. Fast forward 90 days. ok well, I guess it’s good to have a job. I finally spoke up about not having a 90 day review and the answer I got was, “we’re not good at that here.” We’re not good at that here?? How about the next time you put another duty on me, I tell you, “I’m not good at that!” Director of Operations, Walter Dodge met with me a said “they like the person sitting in that position and the only way you’ll make any more money is if you become a driving force.” So catching up, here we are doing Purchasing, processing sales orders and invoicing, processing credit card transactions, shipping, receiving, processing work orders to keep production going, and cleaning the bathrooms. Clearly this is not your standard Inventory Control Clerk position. Kelly Aerospace purchased Northcoast Technologies and let go of most of the staff. Muddling through, Kelly Aerospace resigned to one staff person to support Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving, Sales Order/Invoicing, generate work orders for production. The economy picked up, things got busier and Kelly Aerospace remained steadfast on having one staff person work a multi-faceted operation all wrapped up in a title called Inventory Control Clerk. Over a three year period, Kelly Aerospace has had approx seven Inventory Control Clerk’s. The position is a revolving door. I do not recommend Kelly Aerospace as an employer.

RSS Feed </> Embed