Kelly Scientific Resources

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

OK

Prosclose to my house so I don't have to drive very far. There is not much more to say.

ConsThis is a contract position. The company is not helping me find a fob with benifits.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter pay

Horrible administrative

ProsNo pros as of yet

ConsWe're to begin. First off I was contacted by a recruiter for a scientific position in Colorado . I came and interviewed for the position and got the job. The job would not start for 2 weeks. So the day before the job starts I call to make sure everything is in order (after two weeks of waiting mind you). I am informed that I need to go take a drug test and then drive to another city to sign some papers with Kelly in order to start my job the NEXT day. This is a major inconvenience for me because it required rearranging my day to rush around performing these tasks which could have easily been done had they informed me of these things prior to the day before. So inconvenienced...but not the end of the world, just not impressed with the lack of effort and communicationnon their part.

First week, no communication as to how I'm supposed to fill out a time card to report my hours and get paid. So again I contact them my first day, and I'm told to sign up for their online "timecard". Which I attempt to do, the system does not recognize me and I can't sign up. I inform them if this and they tell me to wait a couple days for the system to kick in and allow me to sign up. Couple days later all no access to the timesheet I'm supposed to use to get paid. Finally someone looks into it and they had my start date off by a couple weeks which was preventing me from signing up and enduring the hours I had already been working. A couple days later this is resolved I'm their system. Again another inconvenience but very lazy and super unprofessional on their behalf.

So payday comes around, and of course....no money shows up in my direct deposit account. Maybe I don't get paid yet? Again another round of emails to figure out that the first check is being mailed. Check received!!

Now the real issue... the rate of pay is not the same as what I was told and agreed to. It's $2+/hr less than what I was told (luckily I have an email stating the rate of pay). Now this is a real issue, seems illegal? This is not yet resolved but if this isn't resolved I will be seeing legal council for essentially breaking a contract and not telling me.

The moral of this story, STAY AWAY from this company! And if you do have to work for them, pay attention...because they won't. Basically expect to do their job and your job....but only get paid for part of your job.

Not cool Kelly scientific.

Advice to Senior ManagementMY ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT IS TO GET SOME MANAGEMENT?

Decent Contracting position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsQuick response to all questions

ConsMessed up on paycheck, overpaid and didn't fix the problem right away.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process

ProsLiked the company a lot. Very professional

ConsDidn't feel welcome at first

Kelly works for you until there is a problem - then they side with their client.

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Midland, MI

ProsThey are fair with regard to salaries and try to work for their contractors (with most issues) with the company where they are assigned. Most often, they are a very good bunch of people to work for.

ConsIf the company where you are assigned no longer wants to increase your pay, Kelly will not work with you to keep your job - you are just out the door.

Kelly is a good firm to work for in a job, but not for a career.

Assistant Scientist (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsWeekly pay, great coworkers, great service

ConsLow pay, not much vacation

Online interaction for temporary job placement

Microbiology Lab Technician (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsKelly has broad resources to find jobs in the science field. A majority of the job search can occur online.

ConsMy job search was almost entirely online so I didn't have the option for an in-person consultation. I found the job via Kelly's online search engine- I didn't have help from a recruiter nor did I have the option to contact one

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide more staff to meet with job seekers in person

Hired for Temp-Job at Oregon Freeze Dry, Inc.

Research and Development Lab Assistant (Former Employee) Albany, OR

ProsI performed organizational duties as a research and development lab assistant in the Food Division at Oregon Freeze Dry, Inc. It was a relaxing environment to work in and there was not too much stress. The employer was friendly and treated me with respect. I learned a lot from my coworkers and the tasks I performed.

ConsThe pay was minimum wage. However, it was a great temp-to-hire job in the end. The position was not beneath me so if you are looking for a quick and easy temp work, Kelly Scientific Resources would be the place.

A great place to learn recruiting, but no room for growth

Recruiter (Former Employee) Independence, OH

ProsI pretty much ran my own ship because there was no scientific knowledge or leadership from corporate infiltrated into my field.

The hours were what you made them, so long as you put in an 8-hour day. One manager allowed us to leave early on Fridays if we met monthly goals early. Also allowed doctor's visits without using PTO.

ConsPay was very low, commission was atrocious.

Management and senior management not receptive to changes.

No advancement, its a wait it out type of situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKelly seems very happy in it old ways. Nice people that smile are not sales people and leaves the recruiters challenged to hit goals. I had to support sales as a recruiter, but was not compensated due to horrid commission structure.

Listen to your team, provide steps for growth and development and stick with them. The revolving dartboard of changing expectations is aggravating.

Nice place

Lab Technician (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosgood paying job, uninterrupted work

Consnever ending, empty promises of full time status

Worked for Kelly Scientific Resources? Contribute to the Community!