Kelly, Scott & Madison

Friendly enviornment
    Innovative and agile
    Competitive Salaries
    Good benefit package

ConsMovement to the top spots can be restricted by size of company and lack of attrition at the top.
    Given our size we attract smaller clients which can be a pro and a con (smaller budgets but you learn creative planning strategies to make the most of the clients' budgets.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training at the manager levels will help them to grow and mentor junior staff
    Continue to meet with managers at all levels to better understand their needs/issues

Enthusiastic fun awesome environment

Media Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI've been here for several years and it's been crazy awesome how we've grown. The client diversity and integration between offline and offline is something that I've not experienced at my previous agency. Open door policy with senior mgmt.. Here they know my name and actually care about what I think.

ConsSometimes understaffed and as we grow I sometimes don't know the names of the people around me.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing I love it here

Fun work environment, leadership is lacking.

ProsGood work/life balance.
    Good holiday schedule.

ConsLack of experienced mentors in upper management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expect to work hard and work harder. That's how the phrase goes, right?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people, good foray into the media world. Everyone at KSM has incredible drive, determination, and motivation (essentially because those are the only types of people who can survive at KSM).

ConsPoor work life balance (if you dare leave at 5, people secretly talk about what audacity you had to leave at 5. surely you must have had some life threatening emergency to tend to, trying to leave work at a reasonable hour). Little to no room for upward mobility. Everyone is stuck in their position unless someone quits/moves on, which seems to happen often in the world of KSM once people realize their time and talents can be better appropriated, compensated, and appreciated elsewhere. Communication between departments is minimal to nonexistent. Sheer volume of work to be done on a daily basis makes it virtually impossible to take on any additional roles/learning opportunities. Consider it normal for your stress level to be at an 8 out of 10 on a daily basis. Also, if you like trees, don't work here. You kill about a forest a day printing papers (in case you didn't get the memo, KSM still thinks it's 1985)

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and appreciate the hard work of your employees, and compensate and reward them in accordance to that.

Good first step

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsKSM is a great place to get your foot in the door of the media industry, in which the classic catch-22 of needing experience to get experience generally applies.

ConsVery little pay for a lot of work.
    Monotonous, often tedious work.
    A very small company, so little hope of advancement without significant turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership for the most part is wonderful - understanding of a desire and need for personal time off and willing to share their thoughts.

Worked for Kelly, Scott & Madison? Contribute to the Community!