Kelly Services

Updated August 20, 2014

3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to apply for work in Logan Utah

Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant  in  Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant in Logan, UT

Pros

Kelly Services provided me with a job within the community in my chosen profession until I can acquire permanent employment. In the meantime I am getting the exposure I need to potential permanent employers

Cons

No opportunity to get raises or affordable health benefits

Keep current employees updated with any current or future openings

Worked as an Information Technology Account Executive Recruiter for a new Permanent Start Up Division in Charlotte, NC.

Former Employee - IT Recruiter  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

Pros

It is an established environment and already has a name for itself in the market. Kelly Services was the first company to hire out temps - remember the 'Kelly Girls'? And the people who work there are very decent with great values, for the most part.

Cons

There are just too many middle managers for the number of employees. This causes some confusion and one might not know the exact pecking order since there are at least three managers speaking into the lives of people. Also, a big problem was that the new division was in competition with the old division (unless the old division had more work than they could handle), and this set up the new employees for failure. The other was that sharing placements or recruiting across divisions and/or cities was not allowed, which lowered productivity for all. They wanted you to stick to a niche than be productive overall.

Reduce the number of managers and allow employees in multiple divisions, offices and states to work with each other. Be flexible if it means sales or establishment of relationships, which always ends up with sales in the future.

Medical reciptionist this is what i like to do and have skills in

Former Employee - Reciptionist  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Reciptionist in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

I would bring flavor and im a hard worker loyal honest and luv to learn new things

Cons

Sometime they dont have a job for you and it be like week on end before they will find you something to do.a job in your field.

I like to work pt work if it not a problem I need to be work early on Thursday that my meeting night.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

As a temp working at various locations, I was able to determine the ideal graduate program to pursue.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

It provided the opportunity to work at various business locations in different positions. This helped me to determine the job position that best suit my skills and trainings.
    Some locations prove my ability to learn tasks very quickly and to implement immediately those tasks without errors.

Cons

Working at various business locations at short intervals propelled me to learns quickly various leadership styles of my supervisors, office cultures, and company values.

Ask workers to rate each location they work and provide feedback on work environment.

Kelly OCG

Pros

Fun atmosphere and opportunity to grow within current role.

Cons

Low pay and not many opportunities for upward advancement

Wellpoint

Current Employee - Utilization Review  in  Valley View, OH
    Current Employee - Utilization Review in Valley View, OH

Pros

Everything is good I have no complaints. Very easy to work with. While on the job no micro managing and I have only heard from the contact person once in two months.

Cons

Initial paperwork was tedious otherwise, very little personal contact.. This is a temporary job and I have no idea if this will lead to a full time position at the end.

Think outside to box. When getting paperwork done. Look to see if the candidate is close to an office and if they are have them come in and show ICD9 documents.

ok

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lynchburg, VA

Pros

They try to find you jobs

Cons

Dont like the group interviews

Contractor from 2008-2014

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Glenview, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Glenview, IL

Pros

I think the staff people were very supportive when I was in an assignment, and I didn't ever have problems that they had to deal with except one time - and they paid me even when the paperwork was not syncing in the system. I never was paid late--payment every Friday is great.

Cons

Kelly is good; it is just challenging being a contractor because when the company has difficulties, you are the first one to go. I had good assignments and no complaints - and worked almost continuously for seven years.

Find more ways to reward your employees! I never had a paid day off but my boss always let me make up my hours so I didn't lose pay when there was a holiday.

Sr Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Pros

Good company to work for, great co-workers

Cons

The benefits are good but costly

kelly services

Former Employee - Courier  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Courier in Sarasota, FL

Pros

great hr people, placed in great temporary employment positons

Cons

job market is slow in sarasota, so not as many temporary positions available lately.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!