Kelly Services

Kelly Services Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden

Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

I was very pleased with my work experience with Kelly Services

Field Service Technical (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsI was with the FDA Hospira IV Pump recall team. Kelly Services took great care of me during all of my traveling throughout the USA. After that contract ended they found me another temp to hire position very quickly. Good case managers that take care of you when you need something.

ConsIf you need something while traveling at night you have to wait until the next day for response.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor night travelers have staff that can answer questions.

I recommend and would accept future assignments through the Sarasota office.

Various Temp Positions (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsThe team in Sarasota has been so helpful and professional through all of my temp assignments. Even during the recession, when so many other staffing agencies would be short or condescending due to the surplus of job seekers, I was always treated with kindness and respect by Kelly Services.

There is the opportunity for holiday pay and an annual service bonus of 1 - 2 % depending upon the days and number of hours worked during the calendar year.

ConsI would like to see something offered to temporary contractors that work at the same business beyond a certain amount of time. While holiday pay and a service bonus helps, I don't feel that it adequately offsets working year round without any of the benefits such as a week of paid vacation, bereavement, sick time or the opportunity for discounted insurance benefits.

I haven't seen long term assignment that result in annual pay increases. I suspect that's due to the additional staffing fee charges to the companies that contract the temps.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a week of PTO to contractors per year of work. Years of no time off so that a paycheck isn't reduced is too harsh of a reality for current contractors.

I feel that time in service as a contractor at a company should count after the temp is hired at that company permanently.

Very pleasant company to work with

Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsWill always try their best to get a position for you. The location in Austin always had me working.

ConsI have had a hard time getting a placement in the Houston/Pasadena/Galveston area.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recruiters that I have dealt with in the Austin area and the Bay Area areas have been extremely professional. The Austin area was very hard to get on the phone, but the Bar Area location has been better at answering their calls. It would be better if they could submit us to multiple clients, so that we are not just sitting at home wondering what is going on and how to pay our bills.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Administrative Assistant

ProsIt is great working for Kelly Services.

ConsI worked at several offices and had a great experience at each one!

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that my skills and qualifications meet your requirements, and would like to seek a full time permanent position.

Kelly Services

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThey are helpful and when you are signed up you can use their learning center to learn or update your skills/software. They try to help you find jobs that fit your skills. They are very friendly and really try to help.

ConsThey do not have many jobs in the last few years. The recession hit their business like many others. The jobs don't always pay enough for the job you are assigned.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more jobs. Raise your pay levels. Increase the amount of skills/software in your learning center, esp. typing.

good experience

Proseverything is good with kelly services I have not had issues

Consnothing I have not experienced nothing negative

Great company, great employees

Senior Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood open communication, good team environment. Good training provided.

ConsSome days can be long if orders come in late.

Great Opportunity

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsWorking from home, great training, and many chances to advance.

ConsEquipment failures, slow replacement of equipment, pay errors, and more consistency

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter equipment

Interview was very professional, yet cordial

Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, CA

ProsKelly Services is a solid company and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

ConsI have worked for Kelly Services since the 1970s, and have not found any negatives about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, you are doing a great job.

Great Temp Agency!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lynchburg, VA

ProsI've been placed quickly and at good companies. I feel like they work hard to get me good pay and reasonable hours.

ConsOnce you're working, I feel like there's not much contact. I called the office, just yesterday, and she didn't even know if I was still working at the company they set me up at, in January (which I am).

Advice to Senior ManagementJust a little more employee contact. Maybe check in periodically to see how the job is going, if you need anything, etc.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!