Kelly Services

Updated October 23, 2014
3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 43 reviews)

• The work/ life balance is more than average (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, or reason to aspire to stay with the organization (in 33 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

They are an agency that actually cares and offers employees a fair wage.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very kind people. They don't gouge your paycheck with their "finders fee" The recruters are good at briefing you about what to expect with the companies that they recruit from.

Cons

It can be hard to get ahold of someone in the office. I don't think there is enough staff in the office to handle the amount of employees they put to work. (They do try to maintain it though). There isn't a lot of work avaliable in their database, so if your assignment is up, you prob won't hear from them for a few months.

Hire more people to help with the employee issues.

Enjoyable, but not the industry for me.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kelly Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The community was good, I worked in the office and enjoyed my boss and the recruiters. Gave me opportunities to work on different projects throughout my time there.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth in the recruiter position it seemed like (I was not a recruiter). The recruiting manager was extremely experienced in recruiting and knew what he was doing, but was jaded and negative most of the time, which brought others down.

Management could definitely spend more time showing care to the employees and investing in their lives to make them feel more valuable. Too much importance was put on numbers, and not enough on people (especially for a staffing agency).

Pretty good

Current Employee - Talent Recruiter
    Current Employee - Talent Recruiter

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been with Kelly for about 1 year and have loved it so far. Being new to the staffing industry I was lucky to get into the Kelly Partnered Staffing Division that staffs for lower level positions as well as executive positions which has allowed to start off learning all that goes along with staffing at a good pace. I have the best manager who is supportive and compassionate and works hard.

Cons

As such a large and very profitable company, I feel the benefits offered are lacking, health insurance is good but expensive with high deductibles. Few paid holidays.

i was able to be obtain work with your help until the industrial warehouse transfried to another temp service

Current Employee - Line Support in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Line Support in Kent, WA

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

That you help me find work when i need the help

Cons

I was out of place and did not no if I was a good fit in that company I was working with . kind of harsh

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor

Pros

Variety, nice experiences, and they usually came through with something good for me.

Cons

There was of course no guarantee that you would always be working.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Quality in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Quality in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being a staffing company, there are many options for employment. Some are work at home some require you to go in the office. The office environment is friendly and there are a variety of schedules

Cons

Some employees don't have that proper work- life balance and are not happy in the long run, which after a while leads to unhappy employees

Clerical Temp

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The management was nice and easy to work with--I was assigned to a position within a day of going in to meet with my coordinator. The offices I was assigned to had been vetted and were safe, inviting places to be, even if the work wasn't particularly challenging.

Cons

Switching from job to job can be tough sometimes, as well as the occasional periods of unemployment that happen when there aren't temp jobs available.

Great people

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time

Pros

Kelly is a great company with tons of opportunity and great people. Relationships are key and can either make or break you. Integrity is of utmost importance.

Cons

Solid strategy, but challenging to execute. Management accountability is lacking and it is slow to change.

Kelly Services was good to me

Former Employee - IT Ground Tech in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - IT Ground Tech in Detroit, MI

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was paid weekly; the staff is friendly and kind; they are helpful even with online situations. I like their website because you can access your pay info.

Cons

I have not had an assignment with them since 2010; I wish I could find something with them now. I have been putting in apps for positions through them but I have not received any calls yet.

You are an outstanding company; I do not understand why assignments are not coming through more, and with more pay.

Kelly is a good company to work for, some of the project requirements are difficult to deal with.

Current Employee - Apple Project IOS Teir I Adviser
    Current Employee - Apple Project IOS Teir I Adviser

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Work from home
    -Fair Pay
    -Computer and iPod provided to help with understanding Apple products.
    -Good co-workers
    -Good Training
    -Lots of support
    -Good Management

Cons

-Searching the Knowledge Base for articles is difficult.
    -If a second adviser doesn't take over the call properly and a negative review comes in, it counts against you.
    -You can't refute a negative review. Once it is in your stats, it is yours.

--Offering some benefits like, paid time off, would be wonderful despite Kelly being a Temp Service. Most people stay long term.