Kelly Services Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Interesting place to work, very challenging working environment

Current Employee - Inventory  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Career help and assistance with future goals. Can get better prospects and considerations for employment withing the organization. The Staff are very good, kind and considerate.

Cons

Challenging environment , not having a steady schedule and unpredictable working hours.

Always review the contract rules, regulation and objectives and also consider the workers concerns.

KellyConnect/Apple Project is awesome!!

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home)  in  Troy, AL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home) in Troy, AL

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many great and amazint things to say i could right pages! The trainers are amazing the Teamleads really teach you when you make a mistake instead of getting onto you. Amazing teamwork, teamwork makes the dream work!! Everyone is so encouraging as well. I can be alittle overwhelming at first as any job really is due to the newness but specifically because you must learn new systems and how the iOS system works to hlp customers. The working at home is amazing dont have to deal with any traffic, wear on car, or risking a wreak/speeding ticket or other violation to get to work. Plus you never have to pay for gas....SO i feel like im getting paid more. Just an amazing place to work.

Cons

Overwhelming customers that can be rude, frustration of sometimes not being able to see particular things on the customers phones when diagnosing.

Everyone that says the pay is low - idiots. The pay is not bad you are working at home and dont have to worry about gas or wear and tear on car. If you want to make more then simply work up to it and move to a better paying position. Atleast its not min wage.

As far as the ppl that said if your 1 min late for the 15 min break....that has never happened to me. Of course - you cant be consistently late but a minute i dont think makes a huge difference. 7 To 10 mins late would tho.

Management is the best i have came across. The coaching sessions are not about telling the advisors what they have done wrong. They do tell you that but its not like your getting in trouble....they give you tips and position it in a way that isnt patronizing like other employers do. Name Walmart!! Apple/Kelly does expect improvements when coaching sessions require improvement to be made. They expect for the tips to be used and for the advisor to improve accordingly and to adjust. Its not all about what you do wrong and coaching sessions are a good thing here...NOT A BAD THING AT ALL. The management and Teamleads do try very hard to help you move up and get promotions.

Very good employer

Current Employee - Test Evaluator  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Test Evaluator in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

The variety of the work.

Cons

Work is not year round.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked as an Information Technology Account Executive Recruiter for a new Permanent Start Up Division in Charlotte, NC.

Former Employee - IT Recruiter  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is an established environment and already has a name for itself in the market. Kelly Services was the first company to hire out temps - remember the 'Kelly Girls'? And the people who work there are very decent with great values, for the most part.

Cons

There are just too many middle managers for the number of employees. This causes some confusion and one might not know the exact pecking order since there are at least three managers speaking into the lives of people. Also, a big problem was that the new division was in competition with the old division (unless the old division had more work than they could handle), and this set up the new employees for failure. The other was that sharing placements or recruiting across divisions and/or cities was not allowed, which lowered productivity for all. They wanted you to stick to a niche than be productive overall.

Reduce the number of managers and allow employees in multiple divisions, offices and states to work with each other. Be flexible if it means sales or establishment of relationships, which always ends up with sales in the future.

Medical reciptionist this is what i like to do and have skills in

Former Employee - Reciptionist  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Reciptionist in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Kelly Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

I would bring flavor and im a hard worker loyal honest and luv to learn new things

Cons

Sometime they dont have a job for you and it be like week on end before they will find you something to do.a job in your field.

I like to work pt work if it not a problem I need to be work early on Thursday that my meeting night.

Great place to apply for work in Logan Utah

Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant  in  Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant in Logan, UT

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kelly Services provided me with a job within the community in my chosen profession until I can acquire permanent employment. In the meantime I am getting the exposure I need to potential permanent employers

Cons

No opportunity to get raises or affordable health benefits

Keep current employees updated with any current or future openings

Wellpoint

Current Employee - Utilization Review  in  Valley View, OH
    Current Employee - Utilization Review in Valley View, OH

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything is good I have no complaints. Very easy to work with. While on the job no micro managing and I have only heard from the contact person once in two months.

Cons

Initial paperwork was tedious otherwise, very little personal contact.. This is a temporary job and I have no idea if this will lead to a full time position at the end.

Think outside to box. When getting paperwork done. Look to see if the candidate is close to an office and if they are have them come in and show ICD9 documents.

As a temp working at various locations, I was able to determine the ideal graduate program to pursue.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Kelly Services for less than a year

Pros

It provided the opportunity to work at various business locations in different positions. This helped me to determine the job position that best suit my skills and trainings.
    Some locations prove my ability to learn tasks very quickly and to implement immediately those tasks without errors.

Cons

Working at various business locations at short intervals propelled me to learns quickly various leadership styles of my supervisors, office cultures, and company values.

Ask workers to rate each location they work and provide feedback on work environment.

Kelly OCG

I worked at Kelly Services full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere and opportunity to grow within current role.

Cons

Low pay and not many opportunities for upward advancement

ok

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

They try to find you jobs

Cons

Dont like the group interviews

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!