Kelly Services

Kelly Services Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden

Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed(in 35 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount(in 27 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more(in 16 reviews)

Great company, great employees

Senior Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGood open communication, good team environment. Good training provided.

ConsSome days can be long if orders come in late.

Great Opportunity

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsWorking from home, great training, and many chances to advance.

ConsEquipment failures, slow replacement of equipment, pay errors, and more consistency

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter equipment

Interview was very professional, yet cordial

Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, CA

ProsKelly Services is a solid company and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

ConsI have worked for Kelly Services since the 1970s, and have not found any negatives about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, you are doing a great job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Data Entry Specialist

ProsStaff good at matching assignments to candidate's skills.
    Will work with you to accommodate work schedule (school).
    Great way to learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
    Pay fair.

ConsNot sure, but seems company going through reorganization (branch transfers, staff changes, etc.). Very disorganized at times.
    Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. Sometimes client more informative than Kelly employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff should be trained to follow up with employees on assignments from time to time to see how things are going, especially long-term assignments.
    Better pay rates.

Great Temp Agency!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lynchburg, VA

ProsI've been placed quickly and at good companies. I feel like they work hard to get me good pay and reasonable hours.

ConsOnce you're working, I feel like there's not much contact. I called the office, just yesterday, and she didn't even know if I was still working at the company they set me up at, in January (which I am).

Advice to Senior ManagementJust a little more employee contact. Maybe check in periodically to see how the job is going, if you need anything, etc.

Bankers Life and Casualty

Recruiter (Former Employee) Glenview, IL

ProsI learned a lot on the job. And I got the chance to help people.

ConsI have no complaints about Bankers Life and Casualty.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice to management.

Employee In Good Standing Since 1996

Office Professional/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey have kept me busy in working mostly in Executive / Upper Level positions more than any other temporary agency. Training program is excellent and very thorough. Kelly Engineering, a division of Kelly Services, through Dow Chemical has an excellent vacation / time off program as you gain seniority, it increases.

ConsFor long term employment at a temporary agency, it would be nice to build a pension. Also, improvement on the ability to earn more than one week of vacation through Kelly Services, especially those who work overtime on a regular basis is a perk that was lost years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider reinstating the ability to earn an extra week of vacation through overtime. Also, consider a pension plan for those of us who have been with you for many years, such as myself, approaching 30 years.

Great

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) Lakeland, FL

Prosflexible, training, and expectations of this company is very high. This company is very dedicated to a professional style substitute teacher, dress code must always be professional.

ConsWork in classroom when available, the perks with this company are ok, but the perks should be more money based than product based, for example, the company only gives incentives like discounts on phone service, when employees should get raises for work well done.

Advice to Senior Managementmore pay

Kelly Services (Boulder) recruiters and staff were friendly, helpful and understanding.

Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsAlthough I was recruited specifically for Covidien, I felt that there were plenty of opportunities Kelly would have helped place me in should the need have arisen.

ConsI wasn't in Boulder long enough to develop a "Cons" list for Kelly, but Boulder itself is a bit more expensive than an entry level wage could support.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have suitable experience to give advice to upper management.

People were nice with good opportunities

Human Resources Clerk Temp (Former Employee) Rantoul, IL

ProsVery nice people with very quick response time. Good place to work through if you are a student on break or only want part-time positions here and there.

ConsOf course depending on the job, they keep you at minimum wage pay with very little raise, unless you want to take the full-time offer at the company you are working for, which is a problem if you can't work full-time.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!