Kelly Services

Updated August 18, 2014

3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

I had an awesome experience, worked in many factories and Kelly Services works with you to get you work,

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker  in  Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Green Bay, WI

Pros

They are really fast at finding you a job. They are a nice company who is willing to work around your schedule. Respectful to their employees and allow college kids to work part time while in school, or even work just for summer. Just an overall great group to work with.

Cons

Well I've only had one issue, when I had a day off they called me in to work. Otherwise Kelly is an awesome place to get a job, very reliable.

They make sure that you understand the job you're doing. They make sure you understand the safety rules and make sure that you are being treated right at work. I like the fact that they do drug tests and coordination tests on your skills. It shows they want a safe working environment for all of heir employees, making me feel safe at work.

Great company to work for

Pros

You interact with a lot of interesting people. You get exposure to many new projects. You work for dedicated people.

Cons

Sometime upward mobility isn't very evident, but there's always people willing to offer advice.

keep focusing on developing your people.

Temporary Associate

Current Employee - Temporary Associate  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Temporary Associate in Columbus, OH

Pros

Always has assignments for work. Willing to find full time work as well as temporary or contract. Variety of assignments was terrific.

Cons

Work-life balance was great. Many branches to work with. Branches other than my home didn't seem as good to work with. Assignments and report dates got confused (I showed up for work but wasn't assignment for correct time).

Make benefits available sooner. Add more business and clerical assignments; there will be a big need for these degrees in the next few years.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was very pleased with my work experience with Kelly Services

Former Employee - Field Service Technical  in  El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Technical in El Paso, TX

Pros

I was with the FDA Hospira IV Pump recall team. Kelly Services took great care of me during all of my traveling throughout the USA. After that contract ended they found me another temp to hire position very quickly. Good case managers that take care of you when you need something.

Cons

If you need something while traveling at night you have to wait until the next day for response.

For night travelers have staff that can answer questions.

I recommend and would accept future assignments through the Sarasota office.

Former Employee - Various Temp Positions  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Various Temp Positions in Sarasota, FL

Pros

The team in Sarasota has been so helpful and professional through all of my temp assignments. Even during the recession, when so many other staffing agencies would be short or condescending due to the surplus of job seekers, I was always treated with kindness and respect by Kelly Services.

There is the opportunity for holiday pay and an annual service bonus of 1 - 2 % depending upon the days and number of hours worked during the calendar year.

Cons

I would like to see something offered to temporary contractors that work at the same business beyond a certain amount of time. While holiday pay and a service bonus helps, I don't feel that it adequately offsets working year round without any of the benefits such as a week of paid vacation, bereavement, sick time or the opportunity for discounted insurance benefits.

I haven't seen long term assignment that result in annual pay increases. I suspect that's due to the additional staffing fee charges to the companies that contract the temps.

Provide a week of PTO to contractors per year of work. Years of no time off so that a paycheck isn't reduced is too harsh of a reality for current contractors.

I feel that time in service as a contractor at a company should count after the temp is hired at that company permanently.

Very pleasant company to work with

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Will always try their best to get a position for you. The location in Austin always had me working.

Cons

I have had a hard time getting a placement in the Houston/Pasadena/Galveston area.

The recruiters that I have dealt with in the Austin area and the Bay Area areas have been extremely professional. The Austin area was very hard to get on the phone, but the Bar Area location has been better at answering their calls. It would be better if they could submit us to multiple clients, so that we are not just sitting at home wondering what is going on and how to pay our bills.

good experience

Pros

everything is good with kelly services I have not had issues

Cons

nothing I have not experienced nothing negative

very good people I have great experience with them awesome

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sippy Downs (Australia)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sippy Downs (Australia)

Pros

real good friendly people I write them as Big ten professional good development it was real awesome working wit y'll team

Cons

learn how to work with machines

keep the business going good people

Great company, great employees

Current Employee - Senior Staffing Supervisor
    Current Employee - Senior Staffing Supervisor

Pros

Good open communication, good team environment. Good training provided.

Cons

Some days can be long if orders come in late.

Good to be with Kelly.

Current Employee - Senior VNOC Engineer  in  Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior VNOC Engineer in Pune (India)

Pros

good HR team and clear communication with employee. On time payment.

Cons

Appraisal and performance review doesn't make any sence.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!