Kelly Services

Updated October 23, 2014
3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 43 reviews)

• The work/ life balance is more than average (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, or reason to aspire to stay with the organization (in 33 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't bother!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor

Pros

The recruiter was very helpful and kind.

Cons

They don't seem to be able to handle paying their people in a timely and accurate fashion. The hoops that one has to jump through during the on boarding process are not worth the trouble of being a Kelly employee.

Take responsibility for your ill-equipped HR/payroll staff.

Great in the beginning, but ended horribly

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Paid weekly is about the only positive. I have never been a temp before, and this was not a good experience.

Cons

Would not help me finding a new position after being let go by company i was temping for.

Listen to employees before letting them go

Okay at first until you learn how they really operate.

Current Employee - Analyst in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn some things.

Cons

Temporary employees are treated poorly and there is nothing you can do about it. Management only cares about the customers and do not listen to their staff.

Practice what you preach.

Customer Service only for the company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The best assignment I ever had here where I even learned something new was a light assembly job. I can't recall anything else.

Cons

Low wages
    Not a lot of assignments
    Doesn't want to pay UI

Don't leave temps hanging they will find another job.

Complete waste of my time

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative APPLE AT HOME
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative APPLE AT HOME

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time

Pros

Work at home opportunity , good pay opportunity, loan you a mac computer

Cons

This company is a joke...I was as they call it "conditionally hired" you must find a person that you are not related to or friends with to complete the I9 form. you have to email the person's contact info to receive the email from KS to you and another sent to your agent for them to complete. I set a day and time to have my I9 completed which was 8/13 which is what you are asked to do by KS. KS sent the email to the wrong email address my agent never received it..KS never has anyone that you can get in contact with with their"onboarding contact number" which is a huge joke no one ever answered the phone or returns emails. anyway..I emailed 4times and tried to call sitting on the phone 1.5 hours x's 2 and 45 mins another time trying to get them to email the correct email address..all that began 11am at roughly 6pm I finally got a reply by email telling me the positions have already been filled. WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF TIME..I WOULD NOT SPEND ANY TIME OR EFFORT TRYING TO COMMUNICATE OR WORK THRU KELLY SERVICES OR KELLY CONNECT THEY ARE TOTALLY INCOMPETENT. THEY HAVE COMPLETE COMMUNICATION ISSUES. SORRY THIS WAS THE VERY SHORT VERSION OF THE SITUATION BUT ALL I REALLY NEED TO CONVEY IS THIS COMPANY SUCKS.

YOU REALLY NEED TO HIRE MORE PEOPLE THAT CAN HANDLE THEIR JOB APPROPRIATELY. YOUR HIRING AND RECRUITING TEAM NEVER RESPOND TO YOUR NEW HIRES AND APPARENTLY REFUSE TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR ISSUES. I HAVE PHONE RECORDS AND EMAILS WHERE I TRIED TO CONTACT YOUR ON-BOARD HIRING TEAM WHICH IS A JOKE.

Stay AWAY!

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Passaic, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Passaic, NJ

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor

Pros

Direct Deposit, easy to use online system for filing hours worked, for the most part they answer their phones

Cons

Said the assignment would last at least 6 months...ended up being 3 weeks. They also sent an e-mail to the assignment's company and spelled my name wrong; can't even copy and paste. Will never use them again.

It was fab until I had children

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people were great to work with, I met a great deal of different people and cultures, and I was able to travel and progress my career through the time I was there

Cons

Politics, lack of structure or vision - there was never a clear roadmap for IT services and management were often changing their mind as to the company goals, there was also a high turnover at management level, a clear favor for single workers without families

Get some clarity and unity on what the goals are for the company and communicate them better.

Dont do it unless youre desperate i rather work for wal mart or a gas station than work for KELLY again.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

youre at home no gas money spent co workers are ok. its upper management that has issues.

Cons

they will fire you even with proof of medical issues they dont care about your well being or your homelife. all they care about is the customer. what happend to balance for employee and customer? they are fake and pretend to care about you.

please get some morals and some better HR in place. being let go over having suffered a miscarriage WITH documentation is completely heartless. your loss. ive gone to work for the real APPLE company. im sorry to say but this company wont last long. extremely high turn over. that wouldnt happen if yall were human about certain situations that happen to PEOPLE.

IGNORED AND FORGOTTEN.....(Lansing Kelly Services)

Current Employee - Network Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Network Support Analyst

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Got me into a higher pay bracket.

Cons

I hated my current job because of the low pay, and crappy benefits so I posted my resume online. A week later, a recruiter from Kelly Services called me and told me about this great position in Lansing at this collection agency. The recruiter told me that he is good friends with the director and it is a good group of people to work with and a great place to be employed. I was really unhappy at my current position so, with the pay raise and the positive feedback, I decided to take him up on the offer. I have a family to feed and need all the money I can make. I put in my 2 weeks and went over to this collection agency and within a week, I wanted out! The director was an abusive tyrant, that had no respect and trust for his employees. And for a bonus, NO BENEFITS! I called the Kelly Services recruiter to let him know what I was going through and assured me that he would help me out. After the call, the recruiter started to ignore me by missing meetings we had scheduled without a call or email. I called him after a few days went by and left a message. Then waited another few days and left more messages and emails. Then I never heard from them again. They put me in a hostile environment knowing how it was in the inside, got their money, and left me to suffer. I will never use this company again nor would I recommend them. They are just out for the money and to pull the wool over your eyes.

Read above and hopefully it will give you a clue.....

Bad management, unsuccessful acquisition

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- possibility to visit offices in other countires and share experience with them
    - very nice and professional people at some locations (Germany / Hamburg, Hungary)

Cons

Unfortunatelly company has closed its offices and left the Czech Republic. As a senior member of the team I had a chance to meet both local and regional managers, but they were only take care of themselves and not of the company and its future. To survive and have good many was a mantra for them. They had no marketing strategy, very bad internal recruitment system (TurboRecruit), very bad management style. The local manager (expat from Sveden) was very weak, lazy and only earning huge salary and looking for the "sinking boat" and not acting in a right way. Partly the reason was intercultural lack of understanding. Promotion were not based on skills or performance but only on good relationship with management - you needed to be management fan to be prpomoted.

Try to integrate Kelly in Europe, use one IT platform/candidates database/CRM accross Europe, listen to the staff, cooperate, and invest into right people.