Kelly Services Reviews

Reset
3.3
Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 49 reviews)

• The work/ life balance is more than average (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits or full time employment (in 36 reviews)

• I was not offered a full time job (in 21 reviews)

I would not work for Kelly Services again.

Current Employee - IBM Rational Clearcase Administrator in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - IBM Rational Clearcase Administrator in Novato, CA

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros

Large company with a lot of positions in different parts of the country. They have a good employee website. The employee time logging website is good.

Cons

I have had GREAT difficulty in contacting anybody at Kelly when I had a question or issue relating to my employment. I was able to talk to the Kelly representatives at first but after 6 months on the job I was not able to a response for my questions. I would leave voice mails and emails but never get a response. This was not just me but other Kelly employes at this site had the same problems.

Advice to Management

Provide a contact so that I can talk or email someone at Kelly if I have a question or issues. I was able to talk to the Kelly representatives at first but after 6 months on the job I was not able to get a response to my questions. I would leave voice mails and emails but never get a response. This was not just me, other Kelly employees at this site had the same problems.

Recruiters don't know how to place people, based on their skills

Former Employee - Temp in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Temp in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Employment between jobs if you have nothing else

Cons

They don't place you based on your skills, they seem to just want to fill a desk chair for comapines to make themselves look good.

Advice to Management

Without the people to place in these companies, you wouldn't have the companies. We are just as important and should be treated as such.

3. Think twice about working here.

Former Employee - Various in Fremont, OH
    Former Employee - Various in Fremont, OH

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

The best reason to work for them is because it's temporary and one can have a salary until they find a permanent position.

Cons

You are easily replaced, you have no recourse from unethical supervisors or inappropriate workloads; employers are always believed over the employee; blacklisting is practiced and lying is the norm. It is a myth that you can work as long as you like and if you don't like an assignment, they frown upon you asking for another one. They want you to remain in an assignment until the client lets you go. They don't care if you're happy with it or not. They also share comments about your records with other temp services and potential employers.

Advice to Management

More value needs to be placed on the employee and less on the client.

5. Look more at local management then global reach

Current Employee - Staffing Supervisor
    Current Employee - Staffing Supervisor

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros

Helping others find jobs is rewarding. There are opportunities to meet many business leaders and network. The staffing industry is very competitive and will force you to become an excellent multi-tasker.

Cons

no 401K match, lack of leadership, poor career development follow thru, change too fast - no actual plan in place, poor low level management

Advice to Management

Please police your low level managers and enforce open hiring practices

6. Claims Processor

Former Employee - Claims Processor in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Claims Processor in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

The pros are limited for this company. They paid me for my services. Working for this company makes you feel like a slave.

Cons

This company is not very reasonable or supportive. Plus no raises were ever given. Everyone should be treated with respect.

Advice to Management

Be reasonable when people ask for time off and be supportive. Working for this company makes one feel like a slave.

7. Worst temp agency I ever worked for

Former Employee - Temp At Express Scripts in Saint Ann, MO
    Former Employee - Temp At Express Scripts in Saint Ann, MO

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

The receptionist was very helpful.

Cons

Had to drive 20 miles after work to get paperwork done. Low pay. Poor communication from office about payroll and submitting payroll.

Advice to Management

You need to hire more competent employees

8. Gret place to start!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros

Good pay, long hours, it's a company to begin your career with. I would not recommend staying with Kelly Services for long.

Cons

Don't expect any kind of raise or bonus if you begin working for Kelly Services. Even though revenue is back on the upswing, Kelly does not want to reward their employees. Comercial sector recruiters get NO COMMISSION!!!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth. Recruiters in the commercial field are not paid well.

9. Recruiter couldn't give me all info on a temp job in how many hours the temp would be working at assignment.

Former Employee - Temp Associate in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Temp Associate in Irving, TX

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

They do have orders to be filled in the Irving area.

Cons

They will report you to the UI office if you refuse a (part-time) job and thus you will lose your UI benefits.

Advice to Management

Hired a recruiter that knows the number of hours the applicant would be working (Part-time).

Kelly Services is a complete insult to the job market, even as a temp agency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Chute, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Chute, WI

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

- Your hourly compensation is at least fair for certain work - You have some choice in what company to work for

Cons

- They are very unreasonable and uncaring: It is almost definite you will be terminated for even the slightest slip up without as much as a hint until the decision is made - They blindly do whatever they are told by their contractors: If a manager of one of Kelly Services contractor companies calls in about a problem with one of their workers, Kelly won't even ask for, or need, a reason to terminate that worker, making it very hard to take them seriously, even as a temp. agency. - You can't achieve any wage increases, you can't receive full-time benefits, and you gain nothing from putting more effort in your work - They never plan ahead, telling you frequently, and at random, that work at your job is too slow to need your help at that time - If you're not currently working at one of their contractors they will call you on the phone at random, sometimes with just a day's or couple hours notice if you can come into work at a job

Advice to Management

The terrible management at your Appleton and Little Chute offices are giving you a bad name throughout the area, so if you can find better management to put there you should.

KellyConnect/Apple Project!!

Former Employee - IPhone Advisor for APPLE, INC in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IPhone Advisor for APPLE, INC in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Having the ability to work in the private of one's own home was a great benefit. Not having to deal with rush hour traffic on a daily basis was also a great reason.

Cons

No one knows what the right hand or left hand is doing at any given time. Promising to pay you for hours in a written email then turn around and take back what they said was horrible. I worked on this project for six months.. Yes SIX months. I can count a few hundred that did not make it based off of there needs/wants of Apple. Management is all about who you know, not what you know. You can't hide matrix in a virtual environment. Not promoting top performers is a great reason to dodge this place. I caring about your employee's is harsh. Caring about their client paying them is what they cared about. Winning an iPod after 6 solid months over those that won bigger prizes being with the company less then myself. But, like with any job it is all about who you know and not what you know. Sure there are ups and downs of every company. KellyConnect/Apple was the worst yet. Apple, Inc. orginally had the project with Volt Workforce Solutions and lost the contract to Kelly Services because Kelly bid for the contact was less of what Volt wanted. Volt started out at $14.00 as an iPhone advisor as KellyConnect starts out at $9.15 an hour with a bonus that they kept changing to keep one from making. The highest the bonus pay out is was like $68.00. This company will stick you in the face, and not the back. When the economy the way it is. Any job back in May 2010 was agreeable up until this point. When one door closes trust me another opens!!!

Advice to Management

Get you're act together, and stop over looking the top performers then lie to them and not promote them. Why would you fire all the old team leads then bring in all new ones. The KellyConnect site will not ever make 90%. They haven't in 6 months what makes you believe you will now? LOL Lastly I can't wait until Apple pulls the plug!!!! It won't be too much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark MY WORDS!!

Showing 993 of 1,247 reviews