Kelly Services

Updated September 14, 2014
3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer Service only for the company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The best assignment I ever had here where I even learned something new was a light assembly job. I can't recall anything else.

Cons

Low wages
    Not a lot of assignments
    Doesn't want to pay UI

Don't leave temps hanging they will find another job.

Complete waste of my time

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative APPLE AT HOME
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative APPLE AT HOME

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time

Pros

Work at home opportunity , good pay opportunity, loan you a mac computer

Cons

This company is a joke...I was as they call it "conditionally hired" you must find a person that you are not related to or friends with to complete the I9 form. you have to email the person's contact info to receive the email from KS to you and another sent to your agent for them to complete. I set a day and time to have my I9 completed which was 8/13 which is what you are asked to do by KS. KS sent the email to the wrong email address my agent never received it..KS never has anyone that you can get in contact with with their"onboarding contact number" which is a huge joke no one ever answered the phone or returns emails. anyway..I emailed 4times and tried to call sitting on the phone 1.5 hours x's 2 and 45 mins another time trying to get them to email the correct email address..all that began 11am at roughly 6pm I finally got a reply by email telling me the positions have already been filled. WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF TIME..I WOULD NOT SPEND ANY TIME OR EFFORT TRYING TO COMMUNICATE OR WORK THRU KELLY SERVICES OR KELLY CONNECT THEY ARE TOTALLY INCOMPETENT. THEY HAVE COMPLETE COMMUNICATION ISSUES. SORRY THIS WAS THE VERY SHORT VERSION OF THE SITUATION BUT ALL I REALLY NEED TO CONVEY IS THIS COMPANY SUCKS.

YOU REALLY NEED TO HIRE MORE PEOPLE THAT CAN HANDLE THEIR JOB APPROPRIATELY. YOUR HIRING AND RECRUITING TEAM NEVER RESPOND TO YOUR NEW HIRES AND APPARENTLY REFUSE TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR ISSUES. I HAVE PHONE RECORDS AND EMAILS WHERE I TRIED TO CONTACT YOUR ON-BOARD HIRING TEAM WHICH IS A JOKE.

Stay AWAY!

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Passaic, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Passaic, NJ

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor

Pros

Direct Deposit, easy to use online system for filing hours worked, for the most part they answer their phones

Cons

Said the assignment would last at least 6 months...ended up being 3 weeks. They also sent an e-mail to the assignment's company and spelled my name wrong; can't even copy and paste. Will never use them again.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was fab until I had children

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people were great to work with, I met a great deal of different people and cultures, and I was able to travel and progress my career through the time I was there

Cons

Politics, lack of structure or vision - there was never a clear roadmap for IT services and management were often changing their mind as to the company goals, there was also a high turnover at management level, a clear favor for single workers without families

Get some clarity and unity on what the goals are for the company and communicate them better.

IGNORED AND FORGOTTEN.....(Lansing Kelly Services)

Current Employee - Network Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Network Support Analyst

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Got me into a higher pay bracket.

Cons

I hated my current job because of the low pay, and crappy benefits so I posted my resume online. A week later, a recruiter from Kelly Services called me and told me about this great position in Lansing at this collection agency. The recruiter told me that he is good friends with the director and it is a good group of people to work with and a great place to be employed. I was really unhappy at my current position so, with the pay raise and the positive feedback, I decided to take him up on the offer. I have a family to feed and need all the money I can make. I put in my 2 weeks and went over to this collection agency and within a week, I wanted out! The director was an abusive tyrant, that had no respect and trust for his employees. And for a bonus, NO BENEFITS! I called the Kelly Services recruiter to let him know what I was going through and assured me that he would help me out. After the call, the recruiter started to ignore me by missing meetings we had scheduled without a call or email. I called him after a few days went by and left a message. Then waited another few days and left more messages and emails. Then I never heard from them again. They put me in a hostile environment knowing how it was in the inside, got their money, and left me to suffer. I will never use this company again nor would I recommend them. They are just out for the money and to pull the wool over your eyes.

Read above and hopefully it will give you a clue.....

Bad management, unsuccessful acquisition

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- possibility to visit offices in other countires and share experience with them
    - very nice and professional people at some locations (Germany / Hamburg, Hungary)

Cons

Unfortunatelly company has closed its offices and left the Czech Republic. As a senior member of the team I had a chance to meet both local and regional managers, but they were only take care of themselves and not of the company and its future. To survive and have good many was a mantra for them. They had no marketing strategy, very bad internal recruitment system (TurboRecruit), very bad management style. The local manager (expat from Sveden) was very weak, lazy and only earning huge salary and looking for the "sinking boat" and not acting in a right way. Partly the reason was intercultural lack of understanding. Promotion were not based on skills or performance but only on good relationship with management - you needed to be management fan to be prpomoted.

Try to integrate Kelly in Europe, use one IT platform/candidates database/CRM accross Europe, listen to the staff, cooperate, and invest into right people.

My experience of working with Kelly Services was not great I had some issues with the company and no fixing.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay and good hours

Cons

No benefits or full time employment

High level management either has no idea what their regional managers are doing or just don't care!

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many years ago there was a true interest from the corporate office into what they could do to help the branch offices.

Cons

1. People who are at the corporate office treat branch personnel as second class citizens.
    2. SAO teams are a joke. No communication or cooperation between each other. Customers on the local levels that have been switched to a SAO model are increasingly unhappy. This information is either being kept from senior management or they just don't care.
    3. New metrics are ridiculously the same across the country. Not taking into consideration business climates of individual cities and states or business in the local branch area. Don't make the grade in three months and you are out the door, regardless of your track record.
    4. Bottom line senior management seems completely disengaged from the realities at a branch level.

Get involved, send out surveys, go out to the field and see what is going out. Talk to the people without the possibilities of any repercussions.

Don't Join SAO

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time

Pros

Good amount of vacation time.

Cons

You are treated like a number and micromanaged. Management is not local so they do not have a good idea of your working environment. There is no work / life balance and while there is a good amount of vacation time it is hard to take time off since a lot of teams are short staffed.

Please get rid of the SAO numbers... expectations are way too high on meeting numbers and takes away from properly servicing customers and candidates.

Kelly Connect - Apple Care (not for me)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pros is a work at home..

Cons

1) Training is really vague, no practice during training with the system with diferent scenarios.
    2) After training you start with somthing they called "ramp", ramp is basically receive calls with no practice of the system, no practice of the scenarios, with the team leader and other experience representative in the chat, that dont wotk and effective in that way. Im a experiece call center representative with a lot of years of experience and this is the first tims that I see this.
    3) No benefits
    4) No PTO
    5) No vacations or sick days
    6) You will work under contract and temp always, and Apple never will hire you.
    7) Very Low pay, $10.00 an hour.
    8) You need to pay the mouse, keyboard, training headset, work headset and ethernet cable for $150.00 dollars, they divide this in three payments.
    9) If you dont have a phone service in your house, you need to request a phone line exclusive for work, and Kelly dont help you to pay the instalation and the monthly fee of the phone ( at your own expenses).
    10) You need REALLY high speed internet ( at your own expenses).
    11) I read that Kelly Connect have a very high turn over
    12) You start full time (40 hours), but when you start in "production" gonna have less hours.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!