Kelly Services

Kelly Services Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden

Carl T. Camden

Pros:
  • "Work from home was the best thing that could be said about this company"
    in 28 reviews
  • "Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount"
    in 25 reviews
  • "I was not offered a full time job"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work at, Needs new strategies

Manager (Current Employee)
New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork timings, flexibility, supportive environment, industry leader, great people

ConsToo many strategic meetings with nothing to show, differential benefits to senior management and tenured leaders, do anything and everything approach

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some professionals at senior levels who are experts in their departments and not generalists

Great to meet other people from all walks of life.

Desk Coordinator (Current Employee)
Huntington, WV

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than 5 years

Proscontract, variety of jobs, training, one on one, easy, some challenging, fast pace, customer service, company values, leadership,

Conspay, vacations, time off, won't find work, no advancement in the office, service bonus pay of yearly salary,

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change the service bonus hours (%)

Good company but when you have a issue with th system going down bye bye

Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time

ProsGreat pay great team leaders

ConsSystem went down was without pay for 2 weeks and had to find another job

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No benefits, they intice you with vacation pay but refuse to follow CA Dept of Labor Vacation Pay Standards

SLAC Mechanical Designer (Current Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

ProsPaycheck comes as promised, management is cold and impersonal.

ConsDeceptive. They told me there was vacation pay available after 12 months, but then refused to pay it out as CA Dept of Labor requires which is that if they tell you that it is given, then it is earned as a wage and must given out as earned. They aren't really interested in employee satisfaction but only interested in how much money they can make for their CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople need to be paid the vacation that you promise. Currently you use it only as a carrot, but you never intend to actually pay it out.

You are the only person out for your betterment.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than a year

ProsHaving carefully reviewed all situations , I can't give any.

ConsYou can not trust them to tell you the truth about anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really need to care about the people who earn you your money and explain truthfully how they are paid.
The truth is much better even if it is something that we might not like, let people make informed decisions when working for you, don't lie.

It was a quality professional organization to work for.

Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay rate was good, it helped pay the bills.

ConsOnce I wanted to change assignments they were not interested in working with me anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone is not comfortable with their assignment they should be able to more on to the next job.

Stress

Apple AHA (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking at home was the only truly enjoyable feature. The customers were OK for the most part. Get their phone working and they're happy. Training was given in a timely manner.

ConsBig Brother analyzing call content and duration was really stressful. The phony culture was hard to take. Some of my supervisors came across as game show hosts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic about call duration. Some customers need their hands held especially when they've paid extra for Applecare and are not technically adept. Salary was 2/3 or less than Apple Corporate. Really? The culture was forced team spirit which came across as insincere.

Temp to hire contract position as a lab tech.

Lab Technician (Former Employee)
Painesville, OH

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

ProsKelly quickly identified a position I was qualified for and got me an interview. In little time I was working again after a layoff. They also negotiated a small bump in pay compared to what was originally offered.

ConsPerhaps sold the company to where I would work a little much.

Advice to Senior ManagementCa

HR caves to whims of unstable managers

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-A majority of the managers are great
-Decent benefits
-Some flexibility

Cons-Like always, administrative roles are either good or bad depending on who you work for

Advice to Senior Management-I had an amazing experience at Kelly, my managers were above average and a pleasure to support. Then the boss from hell transferred in and made my life miserable. Nothing made her happy. She was disorganized, moody, and self-centered and cared about no one but herself. I went above and beyond and did things for her no one else would have, and always with a smile. I considered her to be abusive and was not the only one that saw it. People from other departments could not believe I put up with what I did. In the end her manipulation cost me a secure job that I was very happy at previosly before her tyranny. Sad that this is allowed to happen due to "employment at will." In other words if your boss does not like you, even for non-valid reasons, your done!

Experience is Good in the Beginning

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou will learn a lot in a short period of time

ConsManagement/leadership is poor, Kelly contributes nothing to health/medical insurance and because of this it is ridiculously expensive, even for one person. Kelly does not engage with their own internal employees, create issues for the front-line staff due to promises they give the customers and temporary employees yet do not have the manpower to keep those promises, communication is poor and those who are expected to carry-out new processess are the last to know, pay is much lower than average, and internal employees are extremely overworked and spread too thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in coaching and development for your leadership, terminate the poor leaders, listen to your mid-management and lower-level employees-it's not a coincidence they do not trust their own manager or Kelly in general, invest in creating an engaged culture and workforce, show more appreciation for your employees, stop with the behind-the-back office politics,

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kelly Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kelly Services CEO Carl T. Camden. All 584 reviews posted anonymously by Kelly Services employees.