Kelly Services

Updated September 29, 2014
3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 40 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, or reason to aspire to stay with the organization (in 33 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Good opportunity

Former Employee - Biological Quality Analyst  in  Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Biological Quality Analyst in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Pay rate was acceptable for position.

Cons

No benefits until at least 6 months in.
    Not understanding with scheduled time off

Try to take into account the background of your workers as well as perspectives from other workers concerning a situation before deciding to terminate a contract.

Was always a safe place to work

Former Employee - FIN Clipper  in  Cathlamet, WA
    Former Employee - FIN Clipper in Cathlamet, WA

I worked at Kelly Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Indoor work so we were out of the weather. Everyone worked as a team.

Cons

There were no jobs for advancement.

I have none.

Overall decent temp aagency

Current Employee - Loan Processor  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Recruiters were nice and friendly.One of the first temp agencies so there reputation is good.They offer Kelly Perks such as discounts to travel,shopping,phones services,and various other products

Cons

The health benefits they offer are horrible.The coverage is expensive and the plans are minimal. I have worked with them for almost 7 months and haven't gotten bonus or any other holiday pay.

If you have good workers that are doing your company good service acknowledge them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Listent to your employees

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management is flexible with work time and work schedule. Work from home policy is great and also allows to flexibility. Vacation time is okay.

Cons

1. With new changes to management, employees are left in the dark or dealing with changes that don't fit the scope of work. 2. No development plan in place, difficult to move up or around the company
    3. Yearly bonus or raises are not given, only to cover cost of living expenses

Management needs to include current employees in the decision making process before moving forward with company changes.

Find Another Company

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits package, compensation and some cool co workers

Cons

Watch your back, alot of politics

Working with a Temp Agency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Kelly Services Rep was great to me.

Cons

When you go to work a contractor, you are not treated as fairly as you would be as a direct hire.

To work with any company you place an employee with so that they are not treated unfairly and poorly just because they are a contractor.

Save yourself time

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home)

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay. Long training. There are really no more words that I could say to attempt to make this company look any better.

Cons

The training is extremely weak and doesn't fully prepare you for production. It is also very unorganized to say the least. Typical temp agency.

Stop underpaying your workers. You're taking advantage of desperate people.

HandScoring Supervisor

Former Employee - Handscoring Supervisor  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Handscoring Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Get to work with various people and getting to see how the standardized tests are scored. Also get to have some say in how they should be scored so it better reflects how the students are responding so there is a more even distribution of scores.

Cons

They don't seem to care who they hire. All they need is a college degree. The people in the office don't care if we tell them that the people they bring to us are no good and they are messing up our projects. They hire people who aren't needed and keep having people come back who we fire from projects because they are no good the job. The office becomes buddies with the hires so they won't let them go. They keep bringing back morons.

Better communication and train (or re-train) upper management so they remember that they have to work/talk to people in order to get things done.

KellyConnect/Apple Project is awesome!!

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home)  in  Troy, AL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home) in Troy, AL

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many great and amazint things to say i could right pages! The trainers are amazing the Teamleads really teach you when you make a mistake instead of getting onto you. Amazing teamwork, teamwork makes the dream work!! Everyone is so encouraging as well. I can be alittle overwhelming at first as any job really is due to the newness but specifically because you must learn new systems and how the iOS system works to hlp customers. The working at home is amazing dont have to deal with any traffic, wear on car, or risking a wreak/speeding ticket or other violation to get to work. Plus you never have to pay for gas....SO i feel like im getting paid more. Just an amazing place to work.

Cons

Overwhelming customers that can be rude, frustration of sometimes not being able to see particular things on the customers phones when diagnosing.

Everyone that says the pay is low - idiots. The pay is not bad you are working at home and dont have to worry about gas or wear and tear on car. If you want to make more then simply work up to it and move to a better paying position. Atleast its not min wage.

As far as the ppl that said if your 1 min late for the 15 min break....that has never happened to me. Of course - you cant be consistently late but a minute i dont think makes a huge difference. 7 To 10 mins late would tho.

Management is the best i have came across. The coaching sessions are not about telling the advisors what they have done wrong. They do tell you that but its not like your getting in trouble....they give you tips and position it in a way that isnt patronizing like other employers do. Name Walmart!! Apple/Kelly does expect improvements when coaching sessions require improvement to be made. They expect for the tips to be used and for the advisor to improve accordingly and to adjust. Its not all about what you do wrong and coaching sessions are a good thing here...NOT A BAD THING AT ALL. The management and Teamleads do try very hard to help you move up and get promotions.

Good people to work for and a fair wage for a days work

Former Employee - Warehouse  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The reasons I liked working here is that they tried to keep[ me working on a consistent basis

Cons

Too long of space between assignments

Try to keep your people working steadily

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!