Kelly Services Reviews

Updated March 30, 2015
1002 reviews filtered by

1. Opportunity

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Got me in the door

Cons

No guarantee of hiring
    Required 2 week notice for a temporary position

2. Global Administrator, IT/ST

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Kelly Services part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

On site at Dow Chemical, very good with allowing flexibility in schedule for extenuating circumstances, majority of the day is spent in the office, but work part of the day from home as well.

Cons

Terrible benefits. Health care is expensive hardly realistic on a temp salary. No sick days, paid vacations require specific hours worked YTD and the week before in order to get paid, and not easy to attain.

This is more to the management of the company I'm placed with, and not to Kelly, although it wouldn't hurt them either. Try bringing people in for a trial basis, whether that be a month, 3 months, a year. Once you determine you are happy with them, then why don't you throw them a bone and offer them Employee status, rather than contractor status??? Not really a great way to breed loyalty. Kelly benefits stink, yet we are forced to go through them to land here, only to remain in contractor limbo for the entire duration of our placement with this company. I know that anyone I talk to would jump ship in a New York minute for the opportunity to be an employee with benefits rather than a contractor with basically nothing. Terrible benefits, worse pay, no paid time off (sick days, etc.)

3. I had a good experience working for Kelly.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros

the position I held was consistent I was always paid on time and they kept me with a job.

Cons

some of the challenges was not being in contact with my representative on a regular basis once I became an employee of the company I really didn't have much contact with my on site rep

it would be great if you would push your clients the higher your long term employees permanently also give us raises after a certain amount of time of service

5. They don't care about you after your assignment is over

Former Employee - Clerical Support in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Clerical Support in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Usually good pay, and at least 6 months worth of employment

Cons

Once your assignment is over trying to get another gid is very hard. They don't care about you.
    They put you off I can't tell you how many times they ignore my email.

Have recruiters at least return your emails, acknowledge you have been noticed and respond to the individual's to help them.

6. This is the worst company to ever work for.

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is zero pro's to Kelly Services

Cons

My manager would call me at all hours of the night and weekends they have there Business Development team write book reports. It is hands down the worst company to work for.

Stop micromanaging your people this company is the worst and the management is the worst I have ever worked for in 10 years of recruiting.

7. Good

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros

Good Pay,enjoy the work and people.

Cons

Distance, working hours are a bit late.

8. Kelly

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent salary for experience

Cons

Teams are too lean, not enough support from the company to successfully do your job

N/A

9. Heartbreaking

Current Employee - District Manager in Albany, GA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Albany, GA

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok. Good training program.

Cons

Micromanage and work overload. Hours are 7 days week for salary employees

Let your employees work

10. I have worked with Kelly Services, on and off for many years, in the customer service and data entry posiions

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Murray, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Murray, UT

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros

Usually the access to positions,

Cons

The only Cons, this time, is the lack of positions, and the amount of times a client has to call in for possibility availability of positions

I know that positions are few an far between, but when a client has to keep calling, over and over, having my resume and knowing my training, experience and educations, and still not have a job, this really makes me wonder, for as long as I have been working with Kelly Services...

Kelly Services is a great temporary fix if you're looking for employment or on-the-job training.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Monroe, LA
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Monroe, LA

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Kelly Services does the initial work for you. By interviewing with Kelly, you are simultaneously interviewing with all of their clients. From there, Kelly sets up interviews for you, saving you the work of landing interviews in the first place. This can be a great help if you are just starting out, or if you haven't been successful in getting interviews on your own.

Cons

These jobs can be very frustrating if you have the skills and the capability to be out on your own, negotiating your own terms. Kelly takes a nice percentage of what the client pays, in order to fund their administration costs. That means there's less pay potential for you; and if the client decides they want to hire you as a permanent employee, they have to essentially buy you from Kelly. Additionally, you must conform to rules as both an employee of the client and an employee of Kelly Services. You will answer to both entities for issues like sick days, late arrivals, or any issues on the job.

Kelly Services can be a great fix for a company lacking the time or resources to research potential employees, particularly larger companies. However, know that you are entering into a contract with Kelly - the employee belongs to them, and you are renting that individual. As with all contracts, this comes with charges and stipulations.