Kelly Services Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

happy trails

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

I can't think of anything extraordinary.

Cons

Company activities are few and far between but, have made strides within the past year or so.
    Dealing with/dealt with a nasty rep at the Rockville, Maryland office. She asked, what I was doing at a company function?
    The Statement of Work seems to change but, the salary does not reflect changes.
    Management seems to turn a blind eye to potential legal-related workplace issues, ie. bullying.

Projects can be hit or miss

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Worked on a couple of Kelly document review projects and both times, the compensation was on the higher end of the scale. The projects were organized. Facilities are hit and miss depending on which site and how large the project is.

Cons

In between projects, the recruiters were not very attentive. I was put on hold for 3+ weeks for a project, and then at the last minute told I wasn't on the project, only to be asked back a couple of days later. There was alot of confusion with this project and since then, I have not had a positive experience with the recruiters.

Temporary Associate

Current Employee - Temporary Associate  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Temporary Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Always has assignments for work. Willing to find full time work as well as temporary or contract. Variety of assignments was terrific.

Cons

Work-life balance was great. Many branches to work with. Branches other than my home didn't seem as good to work with. Assignments and report dates got confused (I showed up for work but wasn't assignment for correct time).

Make benefits available sooner. Add more business and clerical assignments; there will be a big need for these degrees in the next few years.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was very pleased with my work experience with Kelly Services

Former Employee - Field Service Technical  in  El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Technical in El Paso, TX

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was with the FDA Hospira IV Pump recall team. Kelly Services took great care of me during all of my traveling throughout the USA. After that contract ended they found me another temp to hire position very quickly. Good case managers that take care of you when you need something.

Cons

If you need something while traveling at night you have to wait until the next day for response.

For night travelers have staff that can answer questions.

Good company for temporary employment

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Decent pay, decent flexibility. Not a bad place.

Cons

No cons I can think of. What you see is what you get.

I recommend and would accept future assignments through the Sarasota office.

Former Employee - Various Temp Positions  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Various Temp Positions in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The team in Sarasota has been so helpful and professional through all of my temp assignments. Even during the recession, when so many other staffing agencies would be short or condescending due to the surplus of job seekers, I was always treated with kindness and respect by Kelly Services.

There is the opportunity for holiday pay and an annual service bonus of 1 - 2 % depending upon the days and number of hours worked during the calendar year.

Cons

I would like to see something offered to temporary contractors that work at the same business beyond a certain amount of time. While holiday pay and a service bonus helps, I don't feel that it adequately offsets working year round without any of the benefits such as a week of paid vacation, bereavement, sick time or the opportunity for discounted insurance benefits.

I haven't seen long term assignment that result in annual pay increases. I suspect that's due to the additional staffing fee charges to the companies that contract the temps.

Provide a week of PTO to contractors per year of work. Years of no time off so that a paycheck isn't reduced is too harsh of a reality for current contractors.

I feel that time in service as a contractor at a company should count after the temp is hired at that company permanently.

Very pleasant company to work with

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Will always try their best to get a position for you. The location in Austin always had me working.

Cons

I have had a hard time getting a placement in the Houston/Pasadena/Galveston area.

The recruiters that I have dealt with in the Austin area and the Bay Area areas have been extremely professional. The Austin area was very hard to get on the phone, but the Bar Area location has been better at answering their calls. It would be better if they could submit us to multiple clients, so that we are not just sitting at home wondering what is going on and how to pay our bills.

Executive Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is great working for Kelly Services.

Cons

I worked at several offices and had a great experience at each one!

I feel that my skills and qualifications meet your requirements, and would like to seek a full time permanent position.

Kelly Services

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kelly Services part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They are helpful and when you are signed up you can use their learning center to learn or update your skills/software. They try to help you find jobs that fit your skills. They are very friendly and really try to help.

Cons

They do not have many jobs in the last few years. The recession hit their business like many others. The jobs don't always pay enough for the job you are assigned.

Find more jobs. Raise your pay levels. Increase the amount of skills/software in your learning center, esp. typing.

good experience

I have been working at Kelly Services for less than a year

Pros

everything is good with kelly services I have not had issues

Cons

nothing I have not experienced nothing negative

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!