Kelly & Associates

Updated May 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Francis X Kelly

Enrollment Admin for about a year

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are wonderful! The Kellys is very nice, and they appreciate their employees very much.

Consthe pay in certain departments are not competitive

Focuses on hiring good people and cares about life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsThe culture seems better than at most places I've worked, less politics, stress and micromanagement. Management is supportive when needed and trusts people to make decisions and do their job. There is minimal meaningless red tape. There is a well-developed "Wellness Program" with fitness classes at work, on-site gym and a health culture.

ConsThe atmosphere seems to differ greatly depending on department. Some areas seem to have more stress and less flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no telework or flextime program, which is an adjustment from places I've worked for in the past. Paid time off is also on the low side.

Stay away if you have a college degree or any valuable skill

Temp (Former Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

Pros1. If you want to learn about the insurance brokerage business, this company is a leader in the state.

2. The office has a very quiet atmosphere.

3. It is conveniently located near 83 and many shops.

4. From what I heard from full time employees, the company offers several tiers of benefits to choose from.

5. There isn't an office culture of staying late. Being that most folks are paid hourly, everyone is running out the door when the work day ends.

ConsThe vast majority of people (non-management) are brought into Kelly on a temp-to-hire basis. I believe they do this to lessen the effects of high turnover and to avoid having to pay unemployment benefits. The two categories most temps fall into is IT or admin work.

As for the office itself, it feels like you're working in someone's basement despite being higher than the ground floor. The whole place looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years; the cubicle walls are incredibly dirty and there are stains every few feet on the carpets. Especially when contrasted with the much nicer corporate office next door, this place feels so neglected.

Both enrollment and QA have incredibly high turnover rates, with new people coming every month or so. The nature of their jobs seems to be quite tedious; they're basically looking over insurance enrollment forms to make sure there are no typos in the system. The pay is nothing great either, about $13/hr for 4-6 months before they offer a full time position with benefits.

The pay is better in IT, but the atmosphere and job isn't much better. Most contractors do not stay past the 6 month contract period. Especially the software engineers; it doesn't make sense to stay when you could be making so much more in a better environment.

There is no corporate cultural to speak of, aside from keep your head down and do you work. As someone else mentioned, the "closed door policy" is in full force. You will never speak to anyone above your manager; they also insist on being the middle man for any communication outside of your department.

Overall, I would not recommend that anyone leave a job to work here. Kelly is the kind of place you accept a temp job at when you're unemployed and need food on the table.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your onboarding procedures. The time to onboard someone is when they start, not 4 months into their job when you decide they are worthy of your company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Worth Staying

ProsThere aren't any pros working here.

ConsThe pay is LOUSY! They do not pay based off experience, but rather the job itself. There isn't a work/ life balance. To operate as a benefits administrator, this company has some of the worst benefits out there.

This company is only good for someone who is entry level or had never held a job before. You should only work here until something better comes along. They also have a very high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPa individuals based on experience and not the job itself.

No leadership, poor communication, the owners have a stritct closed door policy

Engineer (Current Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsOn the business side they dont easily let go of people. Not true at the IT end.

ConsIt is an odd place to work. Gives a whole new meaning to family owned business. There is no CIO or any sort of IT head to speak of. No practical HR either. A .net team lead is considered architect as well as CIO. All his instructions (spoken or otherwise) must be followed. Lots to be asked for in terms of adequate communication. If you a job I cannot see this being better in any shape or form.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owners (brothers) need to get more involved. Specially at technology

Good experience but not a job to keep

Manager (Current Employee) Hunt Valley, MD

ProsLocation is nice but can be complicated to access.

ConsCompensation is low in comparison, communication is based on gossip and rumors. Overall, I found it a very stressful place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut managers in positions they deserve, not just give them to the last person standing.

its very good to be there

Kelly (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

Prosgood atmosphere n a loving crew

Consnothing but benefits n benefits everywhere

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

Worked for Kelly & Associates? Contribute to the Community!