KellyMitchell Group

Updated November 25, 2014
4.2

KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder & CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford

Pros
  • Great Experience, excellent work environment, faced paced job (in 4 reviews)

• Very helpful and friendly recruiters always willing to go the extra mile to help find work for you (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons for the review of KellyMitchell (in 3 reviews)

• Not super well known by other companies in Minneapolis (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company culture is amazing at KellyMitchell! The best part of working there is by far the people. Everyone is positive, hard working, and customer focused. The leadership team is professional and personal. It's a great environment to be in. There is also a lot of opportunity at KellyMitchell. If you work hard and prove your worth, then they'll promote from within or even create new opportunities/positions. It's exciting to be a part of a firm that is growing so fast and in the right direction.

Cons

The turnover. This comes with any IT staffing firm though.

My one advice to Management would be to focus more on training. Whether it be for new Recruiters, Accounting, HR, etc., I think every position should have a formal training process in place.

Never a dull moment

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Every single day is different in this job. It's a very high-energy environment and the hours fly by. They compensate their employees extremely well, and have a ton of room for upward movement. Highest levels of management communicate almost daily to even their lowest level employees, and are heavily involved in every aspect of the company. This company is also expanding like crazy and I'm very happy I got in when I did.

Cons

The work of a recruiter is very challenging and probably isn't for everyone. Lots of hours on the phone, need to be available to almost 24/7. But trust me, it pays off.

Lots of Opportunity

Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

KellyMitchell has a great reputation with their Fortune 500 clients as an IT Staff Augmentation firm. This allows for plenty of opportunities for the recruiters and account managers to grow professionally. If you are a driven, ambitious, and hardworking professional this company will be a great fit!

Cons

As with the clients that KellyMitchell works with, the industry is always changing. One must be comfortable working with ambiguity and be able to easily adapt to the ever evolving industry.

Continue to coach and help employees manage the ever changing industry.

Great Opportunity for Career Growth

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity to have a career here, the people are awesome and the culture is great.

Cons

The only con I have is that there is a lot of sitting for long periods of time and long hours.

High Energy & Fast Moving

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

For those who like to stay busy and thrive in those types of environments - this is the job for you! There is never a time where there is NOT something for you to do and it definitely keeps you on your toes. It's a job where you get out what you put in and if you give it your all, you WILL see the results!

Cons

Challenges are an aspect to any and every job - it's how you overcome them and move forward that you can grow your career.

Where hard work really PAYS off!

Current Employee - Client Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

KellyMitchell is one of the best companies i've ever worked for. They are GROWING FAST - so get in as soon as you can! There is so much growth potential, and new roles are being created that we didn't even know existed months ago. The culture is young, energetic and fun. If you are willing to put in the hours and work hard - you WILL be rewarded. The commission is there and you will see your paychecks grow before you know it. The management team takes care of their employees and will be a continued support system for you. If you are interested in recruiting or sales, want to get into a great company and advance your career - KM is the place to be! They are hiring in their Chicago office for a new recruiting/sales team - apply!

Cons

As long as you are willing to put in the effort and work hard, there won't be any cons :)

Keep doing what you're doing. It's nice to see recognition coming from upper management. Very "family-like" feel :)

Get what you give!

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group (more than an year)

Pros

Since I have joined the KellyMitchell team I have witnessed first hand the insane growth and change as this company is constantly evolving and moving forward. I cannot imagine being at a different company--upper management truly takes the time to support and reward those who work hard and who are dedicated to the ultimate goal! They are passionate about what they are doing and the business they are in and it is infectious!!
    I have already grown so much professionally since joining KM and I cannot wait to continue to grow and move forward with this company that I truly believe in!
    I see a great future with KMG!

Cons

None to mention at this time.

It is rare to see upper management take such an interest consistently in everyone in the company. i have felt motivated, encouraged, and rewarded since being here and I am excited to see them continue to build a company full of movers and shakers!

One of the best IT staffing firms to work for in the Chicagoland area!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You truly can write your own pay checks and if you do well, there's no reason you shouldn't be making excellent money within the first 6 months. The CEO and the President take a personal interest in your professional development, and that's also very motivating. We work incredibly hard but we also make time each and every day to have fun, whether we're playing ping pong or checking out a great new lunch spot by our office in River North.

Cons

The work-life balance can feel challenging at times, especially when it's exceptionally busy. To counter this, you have the most opportunity to increase commissions and make great money when it's busy! Regardless, you are rewarded and acknowledged by upper management for hard work, and it does not go unnoticed.

Get it while it's hot!

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

I have worked at KellyMitchell as a Technical Recruiter for roughly a year now and can say that it truly is a company on the rise! Within my time here, i have seen numerous career advancement opportunities present themselves, and with an ever growing client base of Fortune 500 companies, hard work is most certainly recognized. KellyMitchell's Executive management team is a dominant force to be reckoned with, and with a young, hungry team of recruiters- the sky is the limit!

Cons

Terrific Work-Life Balance, and a laid back yet hard working office culture!

Land of Opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Your destiny is in your own hands at KellyMitchell! I have worked for KellyMitchell in a couple of different cities, and it has been a rewarding experience to watch this company grow and evolve over the years. KellyMitchell has been built around hard work and integrity, and the owners are truly passionate about their employees. The best thing about working for this company is knowing that you personally have a direct influence on the direction of where we are headed. We never know what’s around the corner here at KellyMitchell or what opportunities are going to present themselves, and we are always on the hunt for enthusiastic, bright minds who want to make an impact.

You pave the way for yourself at KellyMitchell. Being successful means something different to everyone – and you have the ability to make your own version of success at KellyMitchell. It is a rewarding job, and a gratifying feeling to know that every ounce of work you put into it, you are helping to shape the future of KellyMitchell.

Cons

So much work - we are always in need of more people!

The owners of the company are open minded and their passion for what we do is incredibly contagious. We have a lot of good momentum and energy - it’s hard not to get excited about the future of KellyMitchell!!

KellyMitchell Group Photos