KellyMitchell Group Reviews

Reset
4.3
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder & CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford

Pros
  • Taking on more and more Fortune 500 clients so the future is quite exciting (in 4 reviews)

• Great Experience, excellent work environment, faced paced job (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons for the review of KellyMitchell (in 3 reviews)

• The work-life balance can feel challenging at times, especially when it's exceptionally busy (in 2 reviews)

1. Hard Work Pays Off!

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

I took a leap of faith coming to work for Kelly Mitchell. The leadership sold me on the unlimited potential of this job and it has far surpassed my expectations. I have worked for a couple different companies and the culture here is second to none. Not to mention, you can immediately start dramatically increasing your paychecks. You have to be accountable to your numbers, but management takes the time to work with you if you are struggling. As long as you give 100% everyday, you will no doubt succeed. Every day brings a new challenge and you never know what is around the corner; that is what makes this so exciting. I am so excited to be part of this growing team and I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Cons

None to share at this time

2. Proud to be part of this team!

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

KellyMitchell truly is a great place to work. It is a place where hard work is rewarded, career opportunities are endless, and where there is constant support from your team members on every level. You are never unsure of what is expected of you and working hard really pays off! You can grow your salary drastically in a short amount of time. Leadership is continuing to work on different ways to reward the top performers in a way that motivates the rest of the team. There are team building meetings during the week to keep everyone motivated and on track. You grow close to your teammates because there is a strong culture and sense of community. We are constantly pushing each other and motivating each other. While everyone is an individual contributor, there is an overwhelming sense that you are a part of something bigger and everyone is working together to meet the goals of the organization!

Cons

There is a lot of pressure in every position - but good pressure. You can certainly feel that you are not alone in it and that everyone is in it together. With high pressure comes high reward!

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within. It builds such a strong culture of leadership and respect!

3. Back at AT&T

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group

Pros

Great team, always there to help with questions (if any - they are really prepared!)

Cons

Cannot think of anything right now... they are very responsive whenever I had a question.

Jun 24, 2015 – Director of Organization & Talent Development

Thanks for your review, and more importantly, congrats on your return to the KM/AT&T team. Welcome back!

5. Proofreader

Current Employee - Proofreader in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Proofreader in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group

Pros

Very congenial . Good sense of humor and reliable with job selections.

Cons

none none none none none

Advice to Management

You've got a good thing going with your personnel

Jun 10, 2015 – Director of Organization & Talent Development

Your review brought a smile to our faces today. We love to hear that our colleagues are giving you the service and support you deserve!

Glad to get out when I did

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at KellyMitchell Group

Pros

The upper management is smart and innovative. The face of the company is appealing, which is why they have received countless awards.

Cons

Where to start? Working here was a living hell. KellyMitchell will hire ANYBODY who has a college degree. It never failed to shock me who I was working with on a day-to-day basis. Beyond that, management was constantly putting employees down and criticizing them. The criticism was never constructive and there was always constant whispers around the office about how much everyone hated their job. The hours were long - not just in the office, but outside as well. Worked 8-6 (typically without an hour lunch) and then went home to work some more. Worst of all? These expectations were never put out on the table during the interview process. Also, benefits that are so expensive that no one can afford them.

Advice to Management

Be transparent about what the job entails while interviewing candidates or be willing to pay your recruiters more. Look at what is going on internally within the company and reevaluate. You put on a good face, so realize that your employees are what keep you afloat.

Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No day is the same at KellyMitchell. It is pretty neat seeing that some of the highest levels of management communicate with the lowest level employees without even having met them. Executives constantly show they care, even with a fun inspirational quote sent out in the morning sometimes. Overall, the Executive team, they are all wonderful people. They have very much the work hard, play hard mentality and make sure that the Sales Team has that mindset as well. Everyone in the office is very sociable, open minded and offer help whenever they can. There is no greater feeling than extending a contract offer to a candidate, especially after you have been taught to build a rapport with them. The training is thorough and you are given a mentor that oversees you for the first year at KellyMitchell. They ask in one on one conversations what you are doing well and where you need help almost every week, constantly wanting you to learn and be better.

Cons

It saddens me that this is not a happy place to work anymore. It is pretty standard to receive an intense/borderline cutthroat message from upper management over activity, leaving "early" or not exceeding expectations. Employees are consistently worried if they will lose their job for not performing enough, after already feeling they are worked to the bone. Management whispers about you if you leave before 5:45 in the afternoon after coming into the office around 7:30 AM. Some employees mention they feel they are employed on a "day by day basis". It is very much do or die. With that being said, burnout is common at this company and I believe the reason is that there there is no work life balance. If you take PTO, you will still be expected to meet metrics given to you, some people find themselves working during their PTO just to make ends meet. What is the point of even taking the personal time off if you still have to work. Working from home is not an option. Sometimes it almost feels like you are punished for taking personal time off. That time is given to each employee but then there is push back or attitude when they want to spend a day out of the office. The hours can be very long, weekend work is required. I would say on average each recruiter works 50-60 hours a week, depending on their pipeline of candidates and job volume. Internally, all of KellyMitchell seems to be aware of the high turnover in Technical Recruiters and but doesn’t appear to try to go the extra mile to make sure that employees don't get burnt out. Not many people make it the one year mark. Seems to be a much higher priority to increase their book of business by the end of the month over how many people quit working here (or get fired) It really is the truth that you get out what you put in, but the base salary is a little low compared to competitors. The compensation for your book of business is great IF you get hires. You don't really know the potential of what you can make here until you start seeing your commission checks. And it isn't guaranteed when that will happen.

Advice to Management

Stop with the passive aggressive chats or emails, if there is a problem confront the person privately like adults. Sending a cut throat email isn't going to improve call activity. As the company continues to add recruiting classes, make sure that you still show appreciation to the recruiters that are working hard and aren't the new employees. Celebrate the small victories such as the hires when you get them, not ask for more hires right away.

Jun 8, 2015 – Director of Organization & Talent Development

At KM we believe in continuous improvement and strive to be the best we can be. We recognize we aren't perfect and that's why we believe it's important to listen. Thank you for expressing your ... More

8. Great place to work

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had nothing but positive experiences thus far with KM. The senior management is extremely motivating and seem to have the best interest of their employees in mind. There is plenty of room to grow and build your career within the company and new opportunities seem endless.

Cons

I really don't have a bad thing to say about the company.

Jun 10, 2015 – Director of Organization & Talent Development

Thanks for sharing! 2015 has been an exciting year so far at KM, and we’re so happy you are enjoying the ride!

9. Glad I landed here!!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment - Always something to do - Impactful - Very fast paced - Room for growth and opportunity within the company - Good commission structure, you can make a lot of money

Cons

It is not an easy job, definitely not for everyone.

Jun 10, 2015 – Director of Organization & Talent Development

We appreciate your feedback and love your list of “pro”s – they line right up with ours! Thanks for your hard work and contributions to KM’s success.

10. Contract Project Manager

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager/Consultant in Canton, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager/Consultant in Canton, GA

I worked at KellyMitchell Group (Less than a year)

Pros

A typical contracting body shop. Nothing really special about them, but nothing particularly bad. As usual, some benefits, but no 401(k) matching or vacation time.

Cons

None in particular - it is a typical contracting body shop.

dont do it. you'll hate it

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they like to play hard. ping pong table in the office, fridge full of beer, etc...

Cons

micromanagement. they have their favorites and if you're not on that list then they don't help you. they have unrealistic goals. they have the same goals set for 20+ recruiters as they did when they had 5 and there's no new accounts coming in, so when you don't hit those goals, they just fire you. unless you're their favorite then they just overlook it. its very cliquey. hated the environment. stressful to the max. wanted you to come in at 6am and not leave until all your work is done and then even then they want you to work all night and on weekends.

RSS Feed </> Embed