KellyOCG

CEO

Would love to always be a Kelly Girl

Current Employee - Vendor Management Coordinator in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Vendor Management Coordinator in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at KellyOCG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location, Teamwork, Leadership, Global, Perks, Pay, everything!

Cons

Hard to find this position in my area.

Help your employees always move up in the company, and help them find positions if/when their contracts expire. The team and coworkers I have are dedicated Kelly workers and want to keep it that way! ;)

Work hard, people are committed, growth

I have been working at KellyOCG full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

KellyOCG is gaining new clients continuously so provides opportunity to learn new things, stretch yourself and bond with your team and client.

Cons

Can be long hours, last minute client requests and creativity needed to determine now to accomplish something

Continue to recognize your employees, push tools out and keep forum open for ideas to be shared and nurtured.

Great place to get your foot in the door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at KellyOCG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of training, lots of growth opportunities, flexible scheduling

Cons

I would like to be paid more, as would everyone

It is so - so

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Irving, TX

I have been working at KellyOCG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My team is great.
    My boss is great.
    The pay is good.
    Good place to start when you are fresh out of college.

Cons

The work load is poor, I am a gloried administrative assistant.
    My office is so small.
    The benefits aren't existing.
    No sufficient training.

Be up front to what the work load will be and honest about whether your employees will receive benefits and vacation time.

Overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Contractor in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Contractor in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at KellyOCG as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to work from home; coworkers are great (shared suffering).

Cons

The workload is the real problem. if management had not sold the cheapest RPO to the client, adequate staff could be hired. People burnout quickly when they have to work 60 or more hours a week, including weekends.

Had the workload been more realistic, then the horrible pay would not have been such an issue.

learn to price RPOs so that adequate staff can be hired in order to spread the workload evenly.

Horrid Onsite Management

I worked at KellyOCG full-time

Pros

Benefits were decent for what they were

Cons

No potential for upward movement and onsite management was not what it should have been. Yes the company hiring OCG needs to be represented but so to does the staff working for OCG and this was not the case at all. In fact the onsite management was highly unprofessional and never gave a straight answer.

Insure that there is a fair balance between Client company and your staff. Be more hands on when dealing with your onsite management staff and demonstrate a desire to hear from all of your staff.

Lack of stability, total misuse of the term "flex employee"

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was a recent college graduate and this was my first job post-graduation; they hired me on rather quickly. I was fortunate to get experience working with multiple clients, multiple client systems, and different recruiting processes. This helped me get a lot of experience rather quickly, which helped me obtain my current job with a different company. Most of my direct supervisors and managers were great, upper manager was not nice. The one time they told me I was being laid off from the client I worked on they did help me find a similar position within the company for a different client.

Cons

I worked there for almost a year and a half and was considered a "flex' employee the whole time, which really meant a temp worker. There was nothing ''flex' about my schedule. I worked a typical M-F 8-5 like everyone else; the only time flex really came into the picture was when work was short and they 'flexed' my hours down. I was not eligible for benefits, which I made known to my manager, but got excuse after excuse why I could not be made a permanent employee. I got shifted from programs and positions a few times. Seniority never went with you when you changed programs or positions, so if you got shifted to something new, you were back at the end of the line trying to become a permanent employee. You also get paid way less when you're a flex than a permanent employee and both are doing the same exact job. The worst employees who worked the least always seemed to be the managers favorites. They are constantly losing clients to other RPOs.

Retain your hardworking employees and do not make them wait around forever to get benefits. Many good people leave for this sole reason alone.

Overall good experience

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- people (peers)
    - customer diversity
    - ability to build and leverage an internal network

Cons

- limited growth at more senior levels
    - conservative; less open to entrepreneurial or innovative ideas and test-kitchen mentality
    - at a certain level within the organization you either fit-in or you don't ... and if you don't, you leave

Overall, a good experience however leadership has an opportunity to cultivate individuals who seek to push barriers and provide an environment where they have support to try different things.

Okay for junior recruiters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at KellyOCG

Pros

exposure to a lot of major accounts and best practices. They are also technology driven, which teaches you a lot of tricks.

Cons

poor management, not a lot of experienced staff, way too much management (they seem to create new mgt/sr mgt roles all the time).

Take a more flat management approach. Having team leads, managers, directors, vp's, and etc is too much. Especially for a staffing company that has a pretty simple objective- putting people to work.

Recruiting at GE Healthcare Account via Kelly OCG? Two Thumbs Down

Former Employee - Sr. Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sr. Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

remote/ virtual opportunities. on-site client is GE Healthcare and the client is great to work with. high recruiter turnover rate, which opens doors to advancement, but if you are a high performer-- forget about advancement opps. They like to keep high performers in the same role because they are hard to replace.

Cons

I've work here for 3 years and went through 4 managers. Finally left this place a month ago. Micro managers. Inexperienced leadership team with no leadership and employee development experience. limited opportunities for advancement for people who perform. Bonuses are base on total team efforts, meaning the best performers receive the same raise and bonuses as the poor performers. Salaries are almost 20% less than market rates of professionals at other organizations. Immature managers who, instead of finding solutions to internal organizational issues, sets up employees they don't like to get laid off by playing office politics. Req load is high ( 45 to 1 ) ratio compared to other organizations. Lacks diversity. If you are searching for a place to work for the long term, search elsewhere. Management team are quick to throw recruiters under the bus at all costs just to keep the GE client account.

Train employees well enough so they perform at their best, treat them well enough so they don't want to leave. Evaluate current leadership team and replace them with competent leaders. There is a reason why 95% ( 37 recruiters) of the best Sr. Recruiters left this account in the last year. Management team are quick to throw employees under the bus for client issues.