KellyOCG

Be The First To
Add Photos

Leadership has zero skills

Senior IT Recruiter (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsMy amazing Manager was let go for no reason.

ConsMans world. Leadership with no prior experience.
    Kelly OCG - leadership that consists of mostly males - recommend each other.
    Bad management. Poor training. I left for good reason. No motivation at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP!
    LISTEN!
    CONSIDER and learn management skills with proper communication.
    Promote those that have the experience. I was reporting to someone that had no management skills whatsoever. He became very personal and this becomes a very uncomfortable situation.

Overworked and underpaid

Contractor (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsOpportunity to work from home; coworkers are great (shared suffering).

ConsThe workload is the real problem. if management had not sold the cheapest RPO to the client, adequate staff could be hired. People burnout quickly when they have to work 60 or more hours a week, including weekends.

Had the workload been more realistic, then the horrible pay would not have been such an issue.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to price RPOs so that adequate staff can be hired in order to spread the workload evenly.

Horrid Onsite Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were decent for what they were

ConsNo potential for upward movement and onsite management was not what it should have been. Yes the company hiring OCG needs to be represented but so to does the staff working for OCG and this was not the case at all. In fact the onsite management was highly unprofessional and never gave a straight answer.

Advice to Senior ManagementInsure that there is a fair balance between Client company and your staff. Be more hands on when dealing with your onsite management staff and demonstrate a desire to hear from all of your staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiting at GE Healthcare Account via Kelly OCG? Two Thumbs Down

Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Prosremote/ virtual opportunities. on-site client is GE Healthcare and the client is great to work with. high recruiter turnover rate, which opens doors to advancement, but if you are a high performer-- forget about advancement opps. They like to keep high performers in the same role because they are hard to replace.

ConsI've work here for 3 years and went through 4 managers. Finally left this place a month ago. Micro managers. Inexperienced leadership team with no leadership and employee development experience. limited opportunities for advancement for people who perform. Bonuses are base on total team efforts, meaning the best performers receive the same raise and bonuses as the poor performers. Salaries are almost 20% less than market rates of professionals at other organizations. Immature managers who, instead of finding solutions to internal organizational issues, sets up employees they don't like to get laid off by playing office politics. Req load is high ( 45 to 1 ) ratio compared to other organizations. Lacks diversity. If you are searching for a place to work for the long term, search elsewhere. Management team are quick to throw recruiters under the bus at all costs just to keep the GE client account.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain employees well enough so they perform at their best, treat them well enough so they don't want to leave. Evaluate current leadership team and replace them with competent leaders. There is a reason why 95% ( 37 recruiters) of the best Sr. Recruiters left this account in the last year. Management team are quick to throw employees under the bus for client issues.

Would love to always be a Kelly Girl

Vendor Management Coordinator (Current Employee) Thousand Oaks, CA

ProsLocation, Teamwork, Leadership, Global, Perks, Pay, everything!

ConsHard to find this position in my area.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your employees always move up in the company, and help them find positions if/when their contracts expire. The team and coworkers I have are dedicated Kelly workers and want to keep it that way! ;)

Lack of stability, total misuse of the term "flex employee"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was a recent college graduate and this was my first job post-graduation; they hired me on rather quickly. I was fortunate to get experience working with multiple clients, multiple client systems, and different recruiting processes. This helped me get a lot of experience rather quickly, which helped me obtain my current job with a different company. Most of my direct supervisors and managers were great, upper manager was not nice. The one time they told me I was being laid off from the client I worked on they did help me find a similar position within the company for a different client.

ConsI worked there for almost a year and a half and was considered a "flex' employee the whole time, which really meant a temp worker. There was nothing ''flex' about my schedule. I worked a typical M-F 8-5 like everyone else; the only time flex really came into the picture was when work was short and they 'flexed' my hours down. I was not eligible for benefits, which I made known to my manager, but got excuse after excuse why I could not be made a permanent employee. I got shifted from programs and positions a few times. Seniority never went with you when you changed programs or positions, so if you got shifted to something new, you were back at the end of the line trying to become a permanent employee. You also get paid way less when you're a flex than a permanent employee and both are doing the same exact job. The worst employees who worked the least always seemed to be the managers favorites. They are constantly losing clients to other RPOs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain your hardworking employees and do not make them wait around forever to get benefits. Many good people leave for this sole reason alone.

It's a MAN's World...

Recruiter (Former Employee) Remote, OR

ProsPerks to work remote from home

ConsIt's WHO you know. It's Man-ruled work environment. Lack of diversity and no desire to promote diverse employees. Low pay. Micromanagement. HIGH turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your management team. You have 3/4 of the management MEN! Yet the rest of the workforce who do pull the billing from partners (RPOs) are women.

It was disgusting to observe how many women were let go, yet men favored and even offered promotions, while their performance record was LOWER compared to those who were let go.

Nothing good to say about the company. What goes around - comes around ten-fold - it's all in Karma and how you operate the company.

Great beginning, No follow thru

Material Handler/PIT Operator (Former Employee) Curtis Bay, MD

ProsFreedom from micromanagement. Supervisors were fairly understanding of what our previous 3PL's have accomplished and what there shortfalls were so transition was quick and seamless.

ConsAfter the initial settling in period things went south very quickly. Revolving door at the supervisory level. Lack of knowledge as to the company they were catering too. Absentee management when they were there they still weren't there.
     Zero opportunities past the associate level.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter working under the same roof with several other 3PL's the transition was great but the follow-thru was lacking alot.
    Take it easier on the operations supervisors and allow them to help the baseline employees. We spent most of our time clueless as to the objectives, wants and needs of the company we ran logistics for.

Work hard, people are committed, growth

ProsKellyOCG is gaining new clients continuously so provides opportunity to learn new things, stretch yourself and bond with your team and client.

ConsCan be long hours, last minute client requests and creativity needed to determine now to accomplish something

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to recognize your employees, push tools out and keep forum open for ideas to be shared and nurtured.

Great place to get your foot in the door

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsLots of training, lots of growth opportunities, flexible scheduling

ConsI would like to be paid more, as would everyone

Worked for KellyOCG? Contribute to the Community!