Kelsch associates Reviews

1. mixed policies

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Franklinville, NJ
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Franklinville, NJ

I have been working at Kelsch associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ambiguous policies company needs to review its policies

Cons

poor scheduling, company does not regard person life

Advice to Management

n/a

2. kelsch

Pros

highest paying organization in the area, they will work with your school schedule.

Cons

highly unorganized, management does not take accountability for any of their mistakes, Managers lose their biweekly bonus if they do not write people up every week.

3. RA

Current Employee - Residential Program Worker in Westville, NJ

Pros

None. I left was the only thing positive

Cons

Should be reported and shut down.

Advice to Management

I'm calling internal affairs

5. THE WORST OF THE WORST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD.....

Current Employee - Relief Manager in Westville, NJ
    Current Employee - Relief Manager in Westville, NJ

I have been working at Kelsch associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE.......RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Cons

I wish I could do a documentary on this company and how they treat their residents and employees. If your not Janice or Betsy;Tom Kelsch is not listening to a word anyone has to say. He is rude and has been known to say that all his staff is expendable and proud to be known as the company with a revolving door. The residents suffer because the RA's are always pulled to unknown area and all times of the night for 18 hrs shifts and the managers are then made to write them up if they make a mistake because they were too tired and misspelled a word. The object of the Kelsch world is to pin everyone against everyone. If you befriend someone they immediately have you removed. NO appreciation>>>>> They work you like animals and take your bonus every week. Within the company the staff must maintain emotionless or again get written up. if the office losses something......guess who gets written up....YOU. I can write a novel on this company. I have never in my life worked for such a dysfunctional, emotionless, unorganized and heartless company like Kelsch. I can not wait to be gone with the wind.......

Advice to Management

25 Cents......Don't do me any favors

6. Pays better than anyone else in the industry, for a reason

Former Employee - Resident Aid in Westville, NJ
    Former Employee - Resident Aid in Westville, NJ

I worked at Kelsch associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well. Pretty easy work.

Cons

Bad management. Residential managers are required to make so many write-ups a week regardless of program size. Irregular hours.

7. Keep away. ..Do not work for this company

I worked at Kelsch associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok pay ..... that's about it

Cons

The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for. I hated going to work. .. high turnover in management due to inexperienced managers being hired.. no chance for RA's to advance even though they know more than the managers. Slavery still exists there. .. the company have no regards to staff bring human with human flaws. .. You get written up for breathing the wrong way.... with the office it's them and us and they make you feel like your dumb with nothing to say. If you have an opinion you will probably get written up. Oh did I mention you get written up .. and the people writting you up are the who maniacs in management or the office... u cannot change your schedule of swap shifts with anyone. If your late u will get fired after 4 times. If your sick u will get fired for job abandonment. If you say or do anything out of place you will get transferred. Damned if you do damned if you don't .... great company if your dumb got nothing to say and happy to take crap from a bunch of power crazy office workers who just love to prove you did somethin wrong. .....

Advice to Management

Get a life, .............

8. Don't Work Here...Run! Been here for 2 months and I am Quitting!

I have been working at Kelsch associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, Good Relationship With Other RAs

Cons

Crazy, unexpected work hours. They do not want you to have a life of your own. They expect you to live your life around the residents schedule. One day they schedule you from 1:30p-12:00a... Then another day you will be scheduled for 6a-3:30p. Oh and you must come in even on your day off if you have a staff meeting. If you are 4 minutes late regardless of traffic, car problems, emergency, they will write you up. If your shift ends at 12am and a resident is admitted into the hospital at the same time you must stay regardless of any responsibility you have at home, or they will write you up for abandonment of job. They throw tons of assignments on you and they give you tons of paper work to do without going over the ways to correct them. They are quick to write you up instead of explaining what you did wrong or giving you a chance to fix it. Worse job I ever had in my life. Oh and don't try to get in touch with any supervisors because you have to call the main office and tell the receptionist all your personal business and if she finds it necessary for your supervisor to know, she wants you to write down your problem no matter how personal, and fax it over. Even if you are bleeding to death and the supervisor is sitting in the office they will not put you through. Very unprofessional and disrespectful office workers. They do not care about the welfare or safety of employees thèy just want a body around to do labor work.

Advice to Management

Slavery is over... You can't treat your employees like they are animals and they must jump when you tell them to. You need to give RAs more credit and praise. We have to clean up poop and throw up all day, not to mention we are exposed to a lot of dangerous elements such as tuberculosis. Train your managers to stop writing up employees especially new ones when they do something wrong especially when it is the managers job to make sure the employees understand what they are doing. We are human beings not just employees, one day this company is going to find themselves in the middle of a big lawsuit!

9. former RA

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Westville, NJ
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Westville, NJ

I worked at Kelsch associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, employee relationships, bonus, outings

Cons

Does not carea about workers Allegedly performs thorough investigations when an incident occurs yet doesnt have the expertise to do so. Harrassment on the job is allowed Everyone must get write-ups overall, worst company to ever work for

Advice to Management

Respect your employees more and stop making decisions without warning or sound judgement

10. Easy job, horrible company culture.

Pros

great compensation and bonus package. good job for college kid or someone with less education.

Cons

company culture and morale suck. extremely high employee turnover rate. rare to no over time opportunities. no degree, no advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

Actually work in a RA's position for 1 week. Give as much praise as criticism. Take feedback from employees seriously especially RA's being as though they are hands on.

RSS Feed </> Embed