Kelsey-Seybold Clinic

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Spencer R. Berthelsen

Enjoyable experience from new hire orientation to relocation to another city.

Desk Nurse (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time for more than a year

ProsStrict policies and procedures implemented by upper and middle management.

ConsInadequate space for employee productivity. Volume of employee communications excessive and distracting for patients and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice fair and consistency amongst all employees.

Office politics = Toxic environment

Executive Secretary (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time for more than a year

ProsHealth benefits, great doctors, paycheck, coworkers, off weekends, off holidays, great CEO, lots of work to keep me busy, stipend on uniforms you must wear

ConsLack of support and incompetent management, unorganized & messy which costs the company millions of dollars in losses. Office politics is high in this company. High turnover, lack of communication, no loyalty and respect for the employees who play a major role in the companies success.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy main advice is bring in a third party every 6 months to meet with staff and encourage the employees to address any current issues or problems that they have with the reassurance that all concerns remain anonymous. As of now, morale is low, gossip is encouraged by middle management and harassment is becoming the norm. HR has proven to be worthless and nothing ever gets resolved. This may explain the high turnover rate. Train your management staff on policies, employment law, proper boundaries with management and staff. Offer seminars on effective leadership skills and building morale. Remind management to treat their employees with respect because without them, management couldn't do their job.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Supervisor

I have been working at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work environment, great employees and fantastic doctors.

ConsThe commute is really long and I don't like Houston traffic.

Horrible

ASR III (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get a paycheck every two weeks.

ConsMiddle management is awful and deliberately sets you up to fail. Higher management just does not care at all about anything. HR is a joke!! This place will kill your soul and dampen your shine. Too many unhappy people there that feel the need to bring others down.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat management?

great

I have been working at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time

Prosgreat place to work and good benefits

Consno overtime, no other problems

Advice to Senior Managementgood

employment at kelsey-sey

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time for more than 5 years

Prosif you are a person who need to have constant supervisor this is the pass for you. If you are not sure of yourself in your work ethics this the place for you.

Consif you are a person who will do your work and will help other employees, you will be spoken to as if you are the issues. you as an employee have no support from your supervisor. this work place a polptic and goes with what and who that upper administration says

Advice to Senior Managementgo and do your own investigation on your employe. Do not have others do your dirty work under cover and put false emails and work that was never done by that person. These are the things they do and will tape your phone calls, your computer activity and will put false information together to get somethings on you to have you fired. management just need to stop doing this at the surgery center.

Company potential held back by weak leadership

I have been working at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood hours, opportunity for doctors and nurses, low-skilled labor can find stable work, stable industry

ConsOut of ideas, lack vision, too much company kool aid, very little substance, no respect from labor market and industry insiders (recruiters, former employees, medical sales, major hospital system players)

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house - unethical behavior is rampant and operating in middle management up to the highest levels. Potential leaders fighting against bad ideas and office politics. Well-intentioned company of the 60's, 70's, 80's compromised by inexperienced, short-sighted decision makers. Move toward insurance model motivated by personal gain, steering company away from fundamental values.

Great experience, great company

Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsOk salary, great company to work for. Overall good place to work

ConsEmployees are somewhat not as helpful, people there need to work on being good team players. Not loyal to the employees, only give special treatment to the Dr.

And the need to utilize people that are already there, instead of trying to get friends of friends hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should work more on giving others a chance at other things, create more opportunities. and stop hiring unqualified people

Exciting at first but now its just a job.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat co-workers within department. Everyone does what it takes to get the job done. Everyone looks out for each other. Flexibility with time off. Good pay.

ConsLarge company that still operates like a mom and pop. This lends itself to some oppressive managers. The company is full of managers but very few Leaders. Little room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnical competence does not make some one a competent manager.

Very focused on patients and willing to invest in the latest technology

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery good IT Leadership at the director level
Invests in the latest technology especially Info Sec
CEO is great person

Consvacation time and holidays
some doctors are very arrogant and hard to work with
healthcare coverage not that good unless you use their doctors

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk/Listen to the individual contributers they really do know what is going on. Replace old stagnant management - specially desktop area

Worked for Kelsey-Seybold Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kelsey-Seybold Clinic CEO Spencer R. Berthelsen. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Kelsey-Seybold Clinic employees.