Kelway

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kelway CEO Phil Doye

Phil Doye

Great place to work - nice people!

Payroll & Benefits Manager (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGreat atmosphere, good people!

Very acuqisitive, always changing, so working at Kelway you will always be busy and challenged, but with the opportunity to learn increase your knowledge and develop your own career.

ConsWorkloads can change and increase at short notice, you need to be able to prioritise, adapt and enjoy the challenge, otherwise you could struggle to keep up!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating with staff, all levels, all locations. Develop and invest in the talent that you have, and promote from within when you can.

Agile, flexible and constantly evolving allowing employees to make a difference.

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Manchester, England (UK)

ProsBeing part of one of the fastest growing companies in this industry is a great accolade. Despite such growth and size there are still opportunities to make your mark to make changes and improve on things. Employees are pushed hard but also provided with technology that can help manage a better work life balance which enables remote working if feasible with emphasis being on work output. In fact all employees received iPads at the annual Kick Off to help improve productivity. If you can demonstrate you care and hold a strong work ethic this will be recognised and rewarded.

ConsBeing part of one of the fastest growing companies in this industry can lead to fragmented strategies which can impact workload and ownership challenges which lead to frustrations. But this provides more opportunities to recommend improvements and make a difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementKLT Business updates could be more frequent and relevant/contextual
    More cross functional management engagement/training/team building would help peers share experiences and build more understanding.

Dynamic fast paced enviroment with plenty of opportunities!

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsYoung, dynamic business that holds a wealth of opportunities if you poses the right attitude and want to achieve the same common goal of success.

ConsThe company is growing at a rate of knots (organically and through acquisition) so if you don't like change, Kelway might not be for you..

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and you'll achieve that £1bn reseller milestone in no time!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic, entrepreneurial and never sitting still

Management (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsNo day is the same. The business gives you the responsibility to drive your own ideas and strategies. The pace is fast and rewards are good both financially and through recognition.

The board members are sharp, inspiring and challenging. For me, thats what I love about this place. There is a great theme that runs through the company to be the best. That's very much like the business many years ago.

ConsSome would perhaps argue the pace is too fast but that is simply a challenge in any successful business. It can be pressurised but most of the time that's what fuels me.

Training can be inconsistent in some areas as the culture is typically a "strive for yourself" environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the engagement with the business to ensure staff continue to be motivated and inspired.

Exciting, challenging and rewarding

London, England (UK)

ProsKelway is a fast pace company with a buzzing atmosphere across all sites
    Career progression is key and you will be recognised if you are a hardworking employee that shows initiative, enthusiasm and potential within the company
    Each day brings a new challenge and with that only comes more knowledge in the company and more exposure to other departments that you would not usually liaise with
    Support and guidance from management has always been provided on a personal and professional basis
    The leadership team are accessible to all, there's not a sense than one person is more important than the other
    Great personalities across all departments

ConsKelway is constantly moving and adapting to the industry and times, as a result work load increases and changes occur. For me this isn't a negative but for some change is not always welcomed

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping doing as you are

Exciting and challenging in the same measures

Services (Current Employee)
    Manchester, England (UK)

ProsExciting and fast paced environment constantly evolving and innovating. I have had the opportunity to develop plenty of new skills and really feel I have been allowed to play a part in the changes that have / are happening. Salary and working conditions are excellent

ConsThe pace of change is relentless you will be pushed hard.....not for everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on identifying and developing the next set of leaders as the business continues to grow these guys will become more and more key

An exciting company - continually expanding..

ProsWorking for Kelway is exciting, challenging and forever changing whether this is through acquisition, restructure or just a change in process. The company along with my line manager have supported me both personally and through work, giving me a career path to include coaching and training programmes. I thoroughly enjoy working within a team of great people which makes Kelway who it is today.

ConsSometimes lack of communication and heavy workloads can cause stressful days.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work here

Excellent company, great culture

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsReally innovative and a great community for developing ideas. Very supportive for people trying to drive their own expertise and excellence that can boost the business. Always looking for new ideas and talented staff to help them. Impressive growth over the years which is becoming a lot more structure. Ultimately led by a very innovative and entrepreneurial leadership team.

ConsVery fast paced and can be a little hectic for some. Work loads can be hard to manage if you struggle to say no, there's always more work on the horizon. However there is always good support for balancing this.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure staff are aware of how to say no to more workload, support staff that work exceptional hours without them needed to flag this up.

Rising stars

ProsThe pace is really good; fast, changing and challenging! if something needs developing then its developed - it doesn't have time to be stagnant which is fantastic!

You will learn alot with a friendly, approachable culture. There is a flat hierarchy which again is really positive as everyone talks to everyone.

The achievements, awards and accreditations that all the employees and the company obtain is remarkable!

ConsThe pace can be a challenge, but then i'm an optismistic person and see that as a pro.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Exciting, Challenging and Fast Paced!

ProsThe company has changed in such a short period of time, its exciting and great to see the growth of the business, including the incorporating of other companies as part of acquisitions.
    My colleagues are pleasant to work with in a professional but fun environment and the time here has gone in an instant.
    A great can do and work together to get it done approach is definitely one that I appreciated joining Kelway as everyone understands the goals we need to reach as a whole for the business.

ConsNot all embrace change in a positive way which can create unnecessary challenges
    Sometimes it can be challenging to acheive a work / life balance... but it is possible!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing!

Worked for Kelway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kelway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kelway CEO Phil Doye. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Kelway employees.