Kemba Credit Union Reviews

3.8
CEO

1. Teller

I worked at Kemba Credit Union full-time

Pros

Medical benefits Dental benefits Eye care benefits 401(k) Family-like type of business Small branches yet it is a corporate operation Honestly, there are a lot of good things about this credit union. They really do take care of their employees. They'll work with you and make sure that you are happy working for them. The people there are all really nice and helpful. They will go out of their way to make sure either they or someone else can answer your questions. And at staff meetings always expect some fun surprises! They like to give gifts just because thats how much they care for their workers. :) If I didn't have to move to a different state I would definitely still be working at KEMBA.

Cons

Minimal time off Low staff at some branches

Advice to Management

Training could be improved. I learned a lot more in the first week of the classes and when I got to my home branch; but learning how to do a job from one branch to another is overwhelming for a newcomer.

2. Great Company!

I worked at Kemba Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kemba is an astounding company that instilled qualities that have helped me grow in my current position. Upper management is approachable and they are constantly striving to improve you both as an employee and as a person. Kemba is a credit union built on hard work that has sustained its growth due to strong leadership, a great corporate culture and outstanding involment in its community. I would recommend Kemba as both an employer and as a financial institution to anyone.

Cons

There were no challenges that I had to deal with while working for Kemba. Upper management cares about its employees, the employees are great people and the company truely puts their members first.

Advice to Management

Continue what your are doing because you have created an environment that your employees enjoy being a part of.

3. Good starter opportunity with little room for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

There are some great people working at Kemba, and the credit union environment can be fun. Job security is fantastic -- I don't believe they have ever had a single layoff.

Cons

Career paths are incredibly limited. The culture at Kemba is very uptight. Kemba also has a very vertical management structure. It's also a very low-risk place, and it's averse to change.

RSS Feed </> Embed