Kemira Water Solutions

Profile Unclaimed

Kemira Water Solutions Reviews

4.2

Joseph W. Richey

Great company with job security

Former Employee - Transportation in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Transportation in Fontana, CA

I worked at Kemira Water Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Having water departments as customers makes the business recession-proof. We barely noticed the recession, and kept working, and getting raises the whole time. The company has vast resources, and goes first-class on equipment.

Cons

Corporate likes uniformity on everything. The corporation is run from "the top down." Local managers don't seem to have much authority to run things their way. There is a lot of bureaucracy. But, it's still a good place to have a career.

It would be good to get more input from local managers. Local managers should have authority to develop methods, and solutions specific to their location.

Get up stand-up

Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kemira Water Solutions

Pros

senoir management appears to have nagigated our company well through the most recent economic downturn. I am hopefull that this was a result of forsight and not dumb luck.

Cons

The relationship between effort and performance to reward appears not to exist. Most people operate as if this is true and put forth effort towards goals that ARE rewarded. These appear to be blind compliance to management directives even at the detriment of business objectives.

Get some backbone. You express privately your disagreement with senior management, but are not willing to take a risk to express an improved path of action if it contradicts senior management. Long term this will strategy will not pay off for any of us.