Ken Garff Automotive Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Brett Hopkins

1. I work at an incoming call center as a workforce manager.

Current Employee - Workforce Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Workforce Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Ken Garff Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place has amazing benefits and the people I work with and for are genuine and amazing to all of us.

Cons

Right now it is a new section of the business so we are understaffed, under paid and over worked. However this should change in the next year as we expand.

Advice to Management

Learn to keep your concerns about the business as a whole away from your regular employees.

2. It's a job.

Current Employee - Parts Driver in Holladay, UT
    Current Employee - Parts Driver in Holladay, UT

I have been working at Ken Garff Automotive Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty relaxed work atmosphere, and you keep busy so days go by quickly. Good for people who like to work alone most of the time. Work normal business hours or close to it, and holidays off.

Cons

Low pay with very few, small raises. Company does not care about its employees (at least, not the ones low on the totem pole), regardless of their "every employee counts" campaign. Poorly managed. Superiors have unrealistic expectations of lower managers and employees. Lots of nepotism. Management is "too busy" to come and get to know employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with employees. Make clear, reasonable expectations and get to know us.

3. Service technician

Former Employee - Service Technician in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Orem, UT

I worked at Ken Garff Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

they are a large corp. the largest in utah and have many locations in other states, also they continue to grow and expand not only here but nation wide. they are remodeling most older locations.

Cons

there a large corp. they show no interest in the care and safety for employees, although they claim to they only do what is required by law so they don't get sewed. they don't promote from with in the company like they claim,

Advice to Management

promote from with in the company and hire managers that care about there employees and not just there friends or co workers from previous locations that generally are not ken garff employees since you do not hire from with in the company.

Not a bad company, just a car company

I have been working at Ken Garff Automotive Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like what I do and my coworkers are great people. My boss allows me to orient my schedule to match my husbands since we car pool and he allows me to get my work done with a minimum of management. Employee recognition is favorable if a little one-sided at times.

Cons

Upper management gives the impression that they don't want to deal with any of the unpleasantness that arises sometimes.They don't like to recognize the elephant in the room. CEO is hardly ever there at Corporate. GM's are so busy jumping thru the hoops from Corporate that they have little to no control over their respective dealerships that they lose control of them and well, the inmates are running the asylum. They also tend to have a bit of the ol' boy network going on too. Sometimes it not what you know, it's who you know. I truly wonder if Corporate truly knows what is going on in their company and in their dealerships

Advice to Management

Recognize the people who are not Sales, Finance or Technicians. Remember the people who work behind the scenes in accounting, parts, lot techs, BDC, contract administrators, drivers, etc. There are stories of Ken Garff visting one of his dealerships and speaking to everyone there even if only to say hello and how are you. It didn't matter who you were or what you did. It seem that concept has been found unprofitable and disregarded.

6. I love it here.

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Ken Garff Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work at corporate and interact often with high level management. Everyone here seems to truly care about the employees and customers. I have worked for quite a few companies and the culture, comradery, and people has created a great work environment.

Cons

Pay can be a bit less than competitive.

Advice to Management

Loosen the checkbook when it comes to salaries.

7. No hope.

Former Employee - Lube Tech in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Lube Tech in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Ken Garff Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch on Saturday's and Sundays off. Sometimes you will get a bonus check from the company but not all the time.

Cons

No room for growth. Someone either has to die, quit, or get fired for anyone else to move up and become a technician. Barely over minimum wage and they pay you flat rate as well but most of the work there is free labor. There is no room for mistakes without you getting in trouble.

Advice to Management

Either give techs a higher raise or just pay them hourly.

8. Worst company ever stay away!

Former Employee - Corporate BDC Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Absolutely none! what a nightmare, the worse management ever that have no clue what there doing & very unprofessional

Cons

Everything ..... ..... ..... .....

Advice to Management

Quit!

9. Great Company, always looking to better themselves.

Current Employee - Service in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Service in American Fork, UT

Pros

Sometimes good money Fun Environment Great people Benefits

Cons

Management can be ridiculous Micro management Hard work for little pay No flexible hours

Advice to Management

Recognize each persons job individually and appreciate each persons hard work

cool place lots of changes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

I worked at Ken Garff Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice store room to grow

Cons

lots of management turnover no stability

Advice to Management

CLC is a great concept but lack commitment

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Administration in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Administration in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Ken Garff Automotive Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You feel like you are a part of a team here. Everything seems to be organized and geared towards happy employees.

Cons

High demands for low paying jobs

Advice to Management

Lower level management at Ken Garff is not always the best. Somebody who knows somebody kind of deal which doesn't always bode well for a great work environment. Too much good ole boy in my view.

RSS Feed </> Embed