Kenan Advantage Group Reviews

1. Unfair pay/favoritism

Current Employee - Tanker Driver in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Tanker Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great home time. Good people to work with

Cons

the favoritiism on who gets loads and makes money is horrible. The "buddies" get the high paying loads (deadicated) while other drives get stuck working low paying loads and just getting by. The pay isn't fair, latex makes more money then hazmat acid loads, how does that work? a $.15 difference, it isn't right. A couple drivers get to pick loads and bascially chooses what loads everyone gets . Some of the equipment is horrible, and seem to be broke down more then driving.

Advice to Management

You need to level out the drivers pay out of this area. You will never keep drivers if the hazmat drivers make less a mile and hour then the other drivers. You never know what your getting paid for a load because it changes all the time. Make the pay the same for all frieght, like you tell the drivers when they are hired.

Kenan Advantage Group Response

Aug 10, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Our management team is committed to being fair to our drivers. Our compensation packages for the latex and acid work are based on miles/load and stops/load. While the ... More

2. N/A

Current Employee - Seasonal Intern in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Seasonal Intern in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing quickly and the industry is always in demand

Cons

Corporate culture is bland, much of the work could be computerized to streamline daily operations

Advice to Management

Organize regular meetings for interns to network with one another and get advice from management.

3. tanker driver

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time

Pros

No pressure job very laid back.

Cons

work get slow during the summer on the propane side

5. N/A

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Pros

Good Corporate structure and management.

Cons

Senior Management can be frustrating to deal with

Advice to Management

Don't forget the small people

6. Safety

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group, Great hours, great corporate culture

Cons

Paid employees far too little. Too much turnover. Needed to implement newer technology. Had the money to recruit more quality talent.

Gave up and thru in the towel

Current Employee - Mechanic in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Mechanic in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have a job, with the out datted equipment we have were always busy, never a dull moment.

Cons

The company has no training because they dont want to pay you to get smarter so you dont leave and go to another company with the knowledge they tawt you. To much corporate garbage at terminal level, old equipment always breaking down, upper management doesnt care about anything the peeons have to say. They put people in place that make decisions that have no clue about the day to day operations and what it takes to make the company run, they trust and listen to there vendors more then they listen to there own employees because they dont trust any of them they trust the vendors that are thriving on there own money. There priorities are backwards and when you try and tell them what there doing is wrong and costing the company more money they basically tell you to shut up and do it our way so they can get there kickbacks from there vendors instead of saving the companies money. Upper management doesnt understand what it takes to get the job done at local level, when they come visit terminal they stay for a few hours and then leave just so they say they came out. Try staying for a 2 week period and see what it takes to get the job down and see how the decisions that you make impact at a front line level. I have been fighting for five years to make sure all drivers are safe at all times and make sure they come back in 1 peice and go home to there families with zero dot violations, while arguing and neogotiating lower then your national account prices from the vendors that you pick, only for you guys to criticise that were doing it wrong. Well you finally won the battle because i give up and dont care anymore and dont need the added stress in my life anymore, im just going to come in punch in do our job punch out and go home like the rest of the company does if your loads sit caused from the decisions you inforce on us then so be it, i do not care anymore, and not going to fight and argue with management anymore for what is ethical and morally right in the best interest of the company its not worth it no more. The terminal obviously needs to fail so upper management can see it before it can succeed.

Advice to Management

Stick to your words that come out of your own mouths, You tell your employees to treat the equipment like its there own and then when we do that we are told not to do that and to do it there way. You have a motto of "deliver every load on time without incident" and when we do that, we get nothing but slack back saying wereing doing it wrong. Everything that was told by upper management was a lie, 11 months have gone by and no results came from the lies that managenent tells you. Alls we here are excuse after excuse, management is supposed to make solutions not excuses.

8. Just Pay Your Drivers !

Current Employee - Chem, Driver in Calhoun, GA
    Current Employee - Chem, Driver in Calhoun, GA

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time

Pros

Home time, Same Routes..........That's about it .

Cons

Needs supervision in the Pay Roll dept. Can not ever get payroll correct. Always droping loads, They cont, have the wrong pay rates. Even though that run is run 2 to 3 time week. Everthing falls on the driver's never management ! Tired of being there scape goat.

Advice to Management

DO YOUR JOB'S !!!! Fix Payroll and a lot of drivers would be able to work around other problems. JUST PAY US CORRECTLY. Tired of all the excuses that someone else did it.

Kenan Advantage Group Response

Jul 2, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide accurate pay for every driver, every time. Once we become aware of a mistake, our goal is to correct the mistake immediately. We agree that pay ... More

9. Driver

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Semi flexible schedule. Health insurance is affordable.

Cons

Over worked. Under paid. No advancement within.

Advice to Management

Break it up. Sell off the divisions. Get back to the core values of when the company was a small, family owned business. Treat your employees with respect and dignity. Cut your upper management in half.

Used to work for Charlotte Office

Former Employee - Dispatch Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Dispatch Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is always room for advancement with the company. After I left, I am pleased that the drivers got a pay increase on their rates which is very attractive for drivers.

Cons

Even though you get opportunities for yearly raises and bonuses, the pay isn't competitive with other companies.

Advice to Management

I feel that the management pay needs to be a little higher. I used to work the crazy hours while I was with Kenan for over 6 years. After leaving for work reasons, I was offered a dispatcher position at a chemical transportation company, and the realizing what my salary was at Kenan to what I am making now at the current employer was very different. I understand that KAG as investors that they have to answer to, however, I know a lot of people don't have the will to do the job, but I think the salaries for management needs to be more competitive. I do miss working with this great and stable company. If they ever become public, I will get a couple of stocks. :)

dispatcher

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Canton, OH

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great fringe benefits, executives who care, family friendly, great co workers, on site fitness facility, on site cafe, on site cafeteria, outdoor track, company paid fitness classes, company picnics and dinners, and much more

Cons

Long hours, stressful, suggestions aren't always taken seriously or considered, although the one actually doing the job know better than upper management

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the little guys, so many employees are 100% dedicated and deserve more acknowledgement of their ideas and opinions.

RSS Feed </> Embed