Kenandy Reviews

Reset
3.8
Sandra L. Kurtzig

1. Featured Review

A healthy, productive place to work!

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are absolutely the best! I was a bit apprehensive about making the move to California, but Frank helped to make the transition seamless. The team takes great pride and ownership in a fantastic product. We have a large codebase and work quickly to ship features for our growing list of customers. The developers are sharp, easy-going, and lack any ego. The company follows solid coding and review practices. The product managers do a great job supporting developers with requirements. It's amazing how we stay organized as we move so quickly. The kitchens stay well-stocked with coffee and fresh fruits. They have shuffleboard, Xbox, and a nice area to go for walks.

Cons

Nothing to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

A chance to build something big

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great recruitment process had led to a great opportunity here in the Bay Area. Frank is awesome, and will be a sure guide through the hiring process. -The company is at a unique point where it is still small enough for your voice to be heard, but poised to become something special. - The people and culture are great. Unlimited snacks, shuffleboard, xbox, (and more importantly) N64 are all great amenities. - Challenging work. I don't believe anyone else is doing what Kenandy is doing on the Salesforce platform. If you are a Salesforce Developer, and looking for a chance to grow your skills, there will be few better alternatives.

Cons

- Sometimes the chocolate covered almonds run out. This is terrible, and should never happen.

Advice to Management

Stay focused, and keep growing the company!

3. Opportunities for professional growth, head-on challenges & experience in multiple areas...

I have been working at Kenandy

Pros

People wear many hats at Kenandy which gives employees a huge advantage to enhance their professional growth, manage head-on challenges and gain skills and experience from different projects, responsibilities and duties. Everyone is a team player - always willing to help tackle large and small projects...especially in organizing social events. Time, thought and energy is fed into the "Fun Committee" - activities have range from friendly, competitive shuffleboard matches, casual fitness challenges, weekend getaway trips, high energy holiday parties and more. A lot of focus is placed in bringing people together to distress and enjoy peer company. Mid-day breaks are taken in the office to enjoy munching on ice cream from Cold Stone, slurping down a fruity drink from JambaJuice, chomping a delicious meal for lunch or receiving a little Valentine gift from the office admirer.

Cons

Due to the dynamic environment, stress can sometimes arise. But a job - regardless of title, is never stress-free. Hence why the "Fun Committee" saves the day!!

5. Awesome Leadership and Work-Life Balance

I have been working at Kenandy (More than a year)

Pros

The management team is great. They let me think as an individual and trust the work I do. I am able to go to them for advice or clarification on a project (open door policy). I enjoy the work I do and love the work life balance here which is awesome. It is nice when someone has trust in you which makes you want to do your best even more for them and the company. My manager does not micro manage; he has a leadership style which is inspirational, encouraging, and healthy. If you have good values, work ethic, and enthusiasm for the company, leadership will promote from within. The growth to success is a lot shorter than working in a bigger company. The leadership is great and thankful I get to work here.

Cons

Because it is a start-up company you wear many different hats and you have to learn fast but nevertheless, I enjoy this style. When you work in a small team environment, it will give you the opportunity to learn more and grow your career.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

6. Innovation Company Hitting Our Stride

Current Employee - Services in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Services in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Kenandy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Right platform, excellent team, and serendipity. We have recently connected with key enterprise and SMB clients who will help take us to the next level.

Cons

We work hard and have had some turn over in sales over the last few months. I feel that the new sales team is gaining traction and connecting with customers/ and our core value proposition.

Young Startup without the Perks of a Startup

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Built strong relationships with some of my now former co-workers -Salesforce platform (though officially unaffiliated to SFDC) -Convenient access to the freeway

Cons

-Leadership doesn't know how to communicate, create an environment of fear -NO transparency into what is actually going on within the company -Constantly have CEO and COO randomly jump into meetings in order to micro-manage -Sales org has fallen apart; all experience is gone and there is no mentorship to sell this young product -Stuck on promoting the SFDC platform rather than creating a proprietary product -No culture, people are too afraid to hang out or take advantage of the Xbox (used maybe once?) or even sit in the lunchroom and talk to one another -Company wants blind followers rather than innovators; don't disagree with anything upper management says or you could be on the chopping block -Hangs their hat on past reputation (CEO took a company public 35 years ago) rather than what they are accomplishing now -Empty promises to appease people in the moment, but never followed through on

Advice to Management

-Stop trying to scare employees into being loyal -Focus on building a complete product rather than overselling the public's opinion to employees -Update the painfully old, uptight corporate environment to a place that young people want to work -Support people with actionable ideas rather than shoot them down

8. Fun company to work in..

I have been working at Kenandy

Pros

They have a great dev team. It is a great product and an amazing place to grow and build your career. The Product Managers are very easy to work with. The entire company is void of office politics, which is a big positive.

Cons

The workload can be challenging, but it's a startup, thats the fun part.

9. Kenandy is an amazing company! Huge upside potential!

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's been over a year and this company rocks! - Great people and environment. Co-workers are talented and friendly. - Social gatherings are very fun and bring out the best in all of us! - Tahoe trip, bowling, happy hour celebrations, and more - Very popular Keurig, expresso machine, fully stocked coffee & teas, sodas, smoothies, fruits, snacks, and much more. - The vision of the company and leadership is incredible. Led by Sandy Kurtzig, "The Mother of Silicon Valley" - A true disruptive technology. Bringing ERP, the heart and lungs of a company, to the cloud by natively building it on the Salesforce platform. - Career growth opportunities, several co-workers have been promoted recently. It's the place to be!

Cons

Not much at this point. Extremely satisfied at the moment.

Advice to Management

Great vision! Keep up the good work. We can make a huge difference in the world. There are many talented and dedicated teammates to get it done!

Dictatorship

Former Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, if empowered to do their job.

Cons

Company is run like a dictatorship, with management having little to no say about their business, improvements, hiring, inefficiencies, or go-to-market-strategies. Need to stick with a focus and strategy and execute. They continue to jump between verticals, niche markets, enterprise vs SMB, etc., not giving development and sales enough time to achieve success. Very high turnover, especially among sales and pre-sales people - almost 100% in 2014 alone.

Advice to Management

Listen, and value, your employees --they are invaluable, not purely an overhead expense.

Keep walking

I worked at Kenandy

Pros

Meet some really great people.

Cons

If you dont drink the CEO's koolaid then you are out. Like the other review its very top heavy, no one lets you do your job. You are dictated your job by someone who has been out of the game for 30 years.

RSS Feed </> Embed