Kendall Auto Group

Add Photos

Paul Skillern

Parts Counter

Auto Parts Sales (Former Employee) Eugene, OR

Pros- Selling and working with cars and auto parts, if you're in this profession, if probably a "pro"

- Opportunities to move up are available if 1.) you know the right people 2.) you make a good impression 3.) you make a good effort

Cons- Strong "Good ol' boy" culture behind the scenes (this can be true for any auto-related business)

- Standard fare office politics and drama

- Employees are left in the dark about serious business changes that can impact financial stability

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management - keep an eye on your middle management. Keep your employees informed of any upcoming serious changes to the company so they can insure their own financial stability.

Salesman

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Eugene, OR

ProsNothing I experienced while there.

ConsIt felt like working for a ponzy scheme, all the managers care about is making money off of you. They can just create what your commission is for any vehicle and play favorites for who they give more money too. Training was non-existent, hands on that is, they just sit you in front of a computer and figure you will make it or not. Don't care about anyone's family outside work, just making them money. I started looking for other jobs my first week in.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some balls and interact with customers. You are no different than the Wizard of OZ behind your curtain. Salesmen are nothing but puppets in this business, yet you take their advice and you receive all the blame.

A good place to learn the business to work elsewhere.

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsGood sales floor support from lower management.

ConsRidiculously high pack assessed on to each car for the dealership's overhead. Awful scheduling. 100+ hours every 2 weeks required.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more respect for your entire sales team. If everyone could sell cars, everyone would. Allow the salesmen who actually sold "the car" a chance to make money without UAing the customers trade. Employees perform better when they aren't repeatedly told that they are expendable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it's been professional

Proswe try very hard to satisfy customers

Conscons of the company is that we try too hard for the customer

Worked for Kendall Auto Group? Contribute to the Community!