Kenexa
www.kenexa.com Wayne, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Kenexa Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Kenexa Chairman and CEO Rudy Karsan Sr.

Rudy Karsan Sr.

Pros:
  • "If you get on a great account you can have wonderful work life balance"
    in 19 reviews
  • "so you can work from home and take advantage of that"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is easily skewed if you're not careful about how you manage it"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Did have a bit or a "boys club" with senior management at the time however that management has changed"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Place to Learn But Lack of Work/Life Balance Gets Old Fast...

I have been working at Kenexa for more than a year

ProsGood place to start for someone looking to gain experience in the industry. Ability to work independently and set you own schedule. Given the freedom to make decisions on your own.

ConsExtreme lack of work/life balance. Not enough response or support from management when needed. Lack of communication. Can be disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your good employees. Take the time to give feedback. Take an interest in their helping them achieve their professional goals

Provided me a whole new outlook on corporate america.

Facilities Manager (Current Employee)
Wayne, PA

I have been working at Kenexa full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity to advance. Flexible schedule. Ability to travel.

ConsThe pay vs the work you were expected to produce.

A unique and positive place to work

Waltham, MA

I have been working at Kenexa full-time

ProsKenexa expounds 10 principles by which they hope their employees will conduct their work, including making friends (at work), improving lives and having fun. And they pretty much actually run the company by them! And the CEO, Rudy, (as do most of his management team) actually takes the time to thoughtfully respond to emails and requests for conversations. I work at the Waltham MA offices. While the place works hard, there is genuine concern for families and a willingness to be flexible. Kudos to senior management.

ConsI guess the biggest con is that, for the work it asks people to do, Kenexa tends to underpay its work force and understaff its organizations. This coupled with the respect and flexibilty it extends to the employees has led to a workforce that is very competent, really nice people, puts in long hours (in the office or from home) but is not highly ambitous. So, the technology side of the house is no 1990s dot com. Good or bad?... you decide.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, double down on maintaining the 10 principles. Share more stock with the employees. Bring the pay scale up to industry norms.

Great employee-oriented place to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

I worked at Kenexa full-time for more than a year

ProsFlex time,friendly collaborative personal and s/w development environment

ConsDisparate, competing products, which could have you wonder where your own product is going

Lacks the human element

Human Resources Director (Former Employee)
Wayne, PA

I worked at Kenexa full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are no pros at all.

ConsA computer decides whether an application makes the cut, not a human being.

There is no way for this software to recognize unique skills pertinent to any job application.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your HR department to go through the resumes instead of a computer. After all, isn't this why you hired someone to work in HR?

Unethical good ol' boys club

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kenexa full-time for more than a year

ProsRPO leader, brand strength, technology

ConsThere is not a single leader in Frisco RPO office that is a respected part of the RPO or talent management community. It is largely known and discussed that senior leaders have little to know recruiting background, have no clue what recruiting packages are being sold or how to implement. They profess to be a metrix driven organization but the only numbers they watch are the ones that they bilk by over charging and over billing their clients for travel expenses and other misc. services. The most unethical lot of people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some integrity

Makes my worst places to work list - Frisco TX

RPO (Former Employee)

I worked at Kenexa full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEasy to get in the door because of high turnover, or if you are related to a current employee.

ConsToo many to list them all here. CEO is completely out of touch with the average employee (or the average human being for that matter). Company is so busy gobbling up other companies and trying to conquer the planet that it never stops to look at the quality of life for its sub-management level people. Leadership makes big promises but apparently chooses not to deliver upon them.

The reviewer who said the Frisco Recruitment office is essentially a sorority, totally nailed it. I see that nothing has changed there in the past year or so. This is a great place for single women right out of college to pay their dues for a year or so before going on to a much better paying job elsewhere. Provided they are willing to go out drinking with the "team" every now and then and pretend to respect the managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to develop a conscience and take some refresher courses on basic business ethics. Reign in the CEO's ego. Reward the rank and file for their hard work, and not just management.

If Only

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Kenexa full-time for more than a year

ProsThey ride the coat-tails of their clients, which give you great experience to other companies and their management styles.

ConsVery poor lower-to-middle management, completely favor single professional women and let you know it - more like a sorority rather than a company looking to do great business. Their RPO business out of Frisco, TX is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct your age - stop the favortism of the girls club.

I have learned a lot about the corporate world. Not all of it bad and definitely not all of it good.

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kenexa full-time for more than a year

ProsThey give opportunity to people with little experience.

ConsOften you are doing a job that is outside of the one you signed on for. Often, almost always, there is little to no compensation.

Low pay

Sales (Current Employee)
Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Kenexa full-time for more than a year

ProsSome great and smart people. Employees work hard.

ConsLow or no raises. Most leaders should not be leaders. CEO average

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain managers

Worked for Kenexa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kenexa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kenexa CEO Rudy Karsan Sr. All 162 reviews posted anonymously by Kenexa employees.