Kenexa

www.kenexa.com

Kenexa Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Kenexa Chairman and CEO Rudy Karsan Sr.

Rudy Karsan Sr.

Pros
  • If you get on a great account you can have wonderful work life balance(in 19 reviews)

• so you can work from home and take advantage of that(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is easily skewed if you're not careful about how you manage it(in 12 reviews)

• Senior management were just sales people(in 9 reviews)

Was a great company...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI loved working there! Company was very flexible and a fun place to work.

ConsThe company no longer exisits.

Loved my Job but the compensation left a lot to be desired. Definitely not in line with the marketplace.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou are trusted to do your job without the micro-management tactics. Worked from home which was great. You are given the opportunity to learn new technologies and put them into practice.

ConsCompensation is a popular topic at Kenexa... since its pretty poor compared to the market place. So with that issue, they end up hiring resources that are not cream of the crop.

Great company.

Recruiter (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat training and career growth.

ConsSalary, promotions invest more time in training from upper management

Advice to Senior Managementoffice culture, work life balance promotions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wasn't a longterm option for me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy direct boss was awesome but overwhelmed. For the most part the people are great. Leadership on some teams were great. Good benefits. Great company values. Promotions were there but you had to be in the right groups to attain them.

ConsMy boss' direct boss was a nightmare and unhelpful. This led to bad morale. Disorganization. Too many processes to do our jobs. Sales teams that sold our RPO solutions had no clue or didn't care what they were promising the clients with regards to recruiting services. Some of it was impossible to achieve for even the best teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your Director and Manager levels. They are the ones in the daily grind of dealing with the clients. If you overwhelm them, both sides of the deal suffer.

No vision and lack of leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only real pro to working at Kenexa is the flexibility in work hours for most positions. This does come with the cost of average working hours being between 55 and 60 hours a week for salary employees.

Cons-Very long hours as salary employees
    -Poor internal corrdination and support
    -Starting salary is okay but raises and bonuses are either non existant or very small. Even if raises existed, it was so minimal that it doesn't cover inflation. You are also constantly told the salaries are higher than within the industry which is not correct.
    -Knowingly false statement by management and leadership
    -Poor equipment (laptop are continuously recycle and barely function, etc.)
    -Very high turnover rate
    -Poor management

Advice to Senior Management-Try a more honest approach
    -More respect for your employees

Worked for them for over 10 years and if I had it to do over again I wouldn't stay as long as I have

ProsSome of the managers are awesome people to work with. They actually care about their direct reports. Co-workers are awesome...............they are the ones that should have run the show,

ConsHuge workload and when you reach out for help, it falls on deaf ears. They claim to have an open door policy but I have never seen it. They continue to put people in key positions that have no business being there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNow that IBM has acquired the company I think things will change for the better. I'm sure a # of managers will get their walking papers. For the ones that remain, try and treat your direct reports with respect!!!

Solid company with good vision, products, and treatment of employees

ProsGood compensation
    Solid leadership
    great quality of people

ConsSince acquisition by IBM, atmosphere of uncertainty

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing your best to adjust to the new culture

Terrible as a software company

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros- slowwww work pace
    - it's okay to not get things done
    - creating mediocre products is okay because the clients still use them

ConsAs a software engineer, this is the slowest workplace I have ever worked in. Things will get done (eventually) but everything takes forever. Senior managements are bunch of old cakes who just want to keep their jobs forever. This is not a technology shop, all managements are 'people managers' and 'time keepers', they have no interests in technologies (tools that increase team productivity and product quality), they just want to cover their asses and leave everything the way it is.

The company was in terrible shape in the last couple of years, bonus is rare and there were many turn overs and lay offs. Hiring seems to have been frozen for years, I haven't seen any new hires for at least 1 year. The products Kenexa create are very basic data entry web applications but it still manage to make them terribly ugly, inefficient and crappy. The managements doesn't seem to care nor have any interests/plans to make them better.

If you work here, you won't get any appreciations for great work, but the work is so easy and you are free to be mediocre and create mediocre products just like everyone else in the office. I had been working with a few teams and I was always amazed how little work people actually do everyday. This is not a good place for good talents but a great place for losers - it has plenty of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is doomed because it has managements who are more interested in getting retired than making any great products.

Sr. Consultant

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work, customer focused, ability to take initiative, empowerment culture, work hard play hard, access to leadership.

ConsHigh demand and work load, highly independent, you have to find your way around and make it happen, not a company for passive employees.

Great opportunities

ProsGreat work-life balance if you proactively manage it, hard work results in great opportunities

ConsWork-life balance is easily skewed if you're not careful about how you manage it. Lots of change all the time.

Worked for Kenexa? Contribute to the Community!