Kenexa Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Kenexa Chairman and CEO Rudy Karsan Sr.
Rudy Karsan Sr.

Pros
  • There is a lot of work-life balance potential and flexibility in my team (probably too much in favor of the employee) (in 22 reviews)

• Flexibility, professionalism, great people, option to work from home (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is easily skewed if you're not careful about how you manage it (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management were just sales people (in 9 reviews)

1. Staffing Consultant / Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Staffing Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Staffing Consultant

Pros

Career growth opportunities Exposure to industry leading companies Alignment with IBM and the Smarter Workforce Strong benefit package

Cons

Workspace/environment is outdated. Hardware is old.

2. High caliber

Pros

Fast-paced, great talent, very interesting customers and products. Innovative employees who work hard are noticed. It's never boring, and there is much to accomplish.

Cons

Employees sometimes work very long hours. However, it's a great place to work, with talented people who want to make a difference.

3. Awesome workplace!

Pros

Great advancement opportunities. Management cares about their employees. Always looking for ways to improve.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. Work life balance could use some improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. Awesome place to grow your career

Current Employee - Recruiter II
    Current Employee - Recruiter II

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've had the fortune of working for IBM Kenexa for the past 2 years, and I could not be more pleased with the opportunities for both career and personal development. We enjoy a flexible work schedule, the opportunity to work remotely and with colleagues from around the world, and we support a portfolio of some of the largest, most innovative and recognized companies in the world. There's an extremely high level of visibility to upper management, and feedback is always available. I work with individuals that are truly experts in their field.

Cons

As with any acquisition, the move into IBM wasn't always the smoothest. Employees that left mid-transition (or that were unwilling to weather storms as we learned to adapt our internal process) may have left with a bad taste in their mouth; however, the acquisition just provided Kenexa with the people, tools and resources we need to take our expertise to the next level.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work of developing people. We came here for the work- we stay here for the people.

6. I Love Working Here

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant

Pros

IBM Kenexa offers many great career opportunities for talent acquisition professionals. It is a truly global and culturally diverse organization. Our global teams work closely together and provide excellent services to our clients. I have joined Kenexa in 2012, and I have been given many great opportunities to develop my skills and to grow my career. I work with great people, and I have made many friends.

Cons

To be successful in our industry, one has to be willing and able to help others achieve their goals.

7. IBM-Kenexa Experience

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working for this company for over 3 years to date. I started with the company fresh out of college as an intern and from there have had the opportunity to not only learn the business but also grow and advance my career within. Kenexa has provided me with a firm foundation of recruiting and the business as a whole.

Cons

Upon being acquired by IBM, Kenexa no doubt has gone through various changes within the companies culture. To me, IBM has provided more opportunities for Kenexa employers to take advantage of when thinking about pursuing additional career development opportunities. With the acquisition, Kenexa has had a lot of obstacles to overcome both within management and service. I believe we are continuously reinventing the wheel and striving to be better each day.

8. Excellent place to work!

Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Staffing Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Kenexa, an IBM Company, allows individuals great flexibility on their work hours for situations where life gets in the way! This is a place where you can obtain great career growth, and diversify your talent acquisition skill set working with multiple clients within their TA organizations.

Cons

The nature of Recruitment Process Outsourcing is a completely different situation than agency or corporate recruitment. Once someone finds the right balance between the administrative and aggressive recruitment activities, that individual can be successful!

9. I have been working with Kenexa for over 2 years

Current Employee - RII in South Poland, ME
    Current Employee - RII in South Poland, ME

I have been working at Kenexa (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, many development opportunities, positive work environment

Cons

Low salaries comparing to the market

Advice to Management

Lead by example - Honor the culture and core values that you present. Halt the superficial communication - Promote deserving associates - Remove egotistical standards - A good company is effective and grows when dollars (although important) are not the prime focus.

10. Still the best!

Current Employee - RPO in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - RPO in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely talented staff and incredible levels of passion for the business. The leadership team is strong and there is a clear commitment to developing people. It's hard work but it doesn't always feel like work.

Cons

It took a little while to find our footing after after the IBM acquisition. If feels a lot more like Kenexa again but it took some patience and intestinal fortitude to get through.

Advice to Management

Invest in marketing and thought leadership like we did in the Kenexa days so the market clearly hears our point of view and capabilities. If we can, let's do World Conference again!

11. Great people to work with.

I have been working at Kenexa full-time

Pros

Some of the best people in the business.

Cons

Kenexa business is lost in IBM.

RSS Feed </> Embed