Kenexa

Kenexa Reviews

Updated October 22, 2014
Updated October 22, 2014
3.5

Kenexa Chairman and CEO Rudy Karsan Sr.
Rudy Karsan Sr.

Pros
  • Great work-life balance if you proactively manage it, hard work results in great opportunities (in 22 reviews)

• Flexibility, professionalism, great people, option to work from home (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is easily skewed if you're not careful about how you manage it (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management were just sales people (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Was a great company...

I worked at Kenexa full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I loved working there! Company was very flexible and a fun place to work.

Cons

The company no longer exisits.

Loved my Job but the compensation left a lot to be desired. Definitely not in line with the marketplace.

I worked at Kenexa full-time

Pros

You are trusted to do your job without the micro-management tactics. Worked from home which was great. You are given the opportunity to learn new technologies and put them into practice.

Cons

Compensation is a popular topic at Kenexa... since its pretty poor compared to the market place. So with that issue, they end up hiring resources that are not cream of the crop.

Great company.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Kenexa as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great training and career growth.

Cons

Salary, promotions invest more time in training from upper management

office culture, work life balance promotions

Wasn't a longterm option for me

I worked at Kenexa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My direct boss was awesome but overwhelmed. For the most part the people are great. Leadership on some teams were great. Good benefits. Great company values. Promotions were there but you had to be in the right groups to attain them.

Cons

My boss' direct boss was a nightmare and unhelpful. This led to bad morale. Disorganization. Too many processes to do our jobs. Sales teams that sold our RPO solutions had no clue or didn't care what they were promising the clients with regards to recruiting services. Some of it was impossible to achieve for even the best teams.

Take care of your Director and Manager levels. They are the ones in the daily grind of dealing with the clients. If you overwhelm them, both sides of the deal suffer.

No vision and lack of leadership

I worked at Kenexa

Pros

The only real pro to working at Kenexa is the flexibility in work hours for most positions. This does come with the cost of average working hours being between 55 and 60 hours a week for salary employees.

Cons

-Very long hours as salary employees
    -Poor internal corrdination and support
    -Starting salary is okay but raises and bonuses are either non existant or very small. Even if raises existed, it was so minimal that it doesn't cover inflation. You are also constantly told the salaries are higher than within the industry which is not correct.
    -Knowingly false statement by management and leadership
    -Poor equipment (laptop are continuously recycle and barely function, etc.)
    -Very high turnover rate
    -Poor management

-Try a more honest approach
    -More respect for your employees

Worked for them for over 10 years and if I had it to do over again I wouldn't stay as long as I have

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the managers are awesome people to work with. They actually care about their direct reports. Co-workers are awesome...............they are the ones that should have run the show,

Cons

Huge workload and when you reach out for help, it falls on deaf ears. They claim to have an open door policy but I have never seen it. They continue to put people in key positions that have no business being there.

Now that IBM has acquired the company I think things will change for the better. I'm sure a # of managers will get their walking papers. For the ones that remain, try and treat your direct reports with respect!!!

Solid company with good vision, products, and treatment of employees

I worked at Kenexa full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation
    Solid leadership
    great quality of people

Cons

Since acquisition by IBM, atmosphere of uncertainty

Keep doing your best to adjust to the new culture

Sr. Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Kenexa full-time

Pros

Great place to work, customer focused, ability to take initiative, empowerment culture, work hard play hard, access to leadership.

Cons

High demand and work load, highly independent, you have to find your way around and make it happen, not a company for passive employees.

Terrible as a software company

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Kenexa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- slowwww work pace
    - it's okay to not get things done
    - creating mediocre products is okay because the clients still use them

Cons

As a software engineer, this is the slowest workplace I have ever worked in. Things will get done (eventually) but everything takes forever. Senior managements are bunch of old cakes who just want to keep their jobs forever. This is not a technology shop, all managements are 'people managers' and 'time keepers', they have no interests in technologies (tools that increase team productivity and product quality), they just want to cover their asses and leave everything the way it is.

The company was in terrible shape in the last couple of years, bonus is rare and there were many turn overs and lay offs. Hiring seems to have been frozen for years, I haven't seen any new hires for at least 1 year. The products Kenexa create are very basic data entry web applications but it still manage to make them terribly ugly, inefficient and crappy. The managements doesn't seem to care nor have any interests/plans to make them better.

If you work here, you won't get any appreciations for great work, but the work is so easy and you are free to be mediocre and create mediocre products just like everyone else in the office. I had been working with a few teams and I was always amazed how little work people actually do everyday. This is not a good place for good talents but a great place for losers - it has plenty of them.

This company is doomed because it has managements who are more interested in getting retired than making any great products.

Great opportunities

I have been working at Kenexa

Pros

Cons

Work-life balance is easily skewed if you're not careful about how you manage it. Lots of change all the time.

Kenexa Photos