Kennedy-Donovan Center

Kevin Rodman Conare

My experience wasn't good

Former Employee - Personal Care Attendant  in  Nantucket, MA
    Former Employee - Personal Care Attendant in Nantucket, MA

I worked at Kennedy-Donovan Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here is you believe people with disabilities deserve dignity, respect, and meaningful opportunities to enjoy life.

Cons

I worked for Kennedy-Donovan Center (or KDC) for less than a year and there was a ton of turnover during that time. I came on right after someone was fired and at least two people were fired during my employment there. Another retired very suddenly. I experienced a huge disconnect between the South Yarmouth office and Nantucket as far as communication. I quit after less than a year because I didn't feel my input was valued or wanted by anyone at KDC.

"If you cannot make a phone call or send an email that will directly influence how a company is run, then investing in that company is like gambling at the casino." -Joe Pulizzi

^ Listen and respond to your employees in a timely fashion so they feel less like they're gambling anything will change when they bring a problem to your attention. Follow up when an employee proposes a solution to a problem.

Worked for Kennedy-Donovan Center? Contribute to the Community!