Kennelwood Pet Resorts

Add Photos

Christopher B. Danforth

Dog Groomer

Pet Groomer (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsAs a pet stylist you dont have to answer the phone The most they pay for a groom dog is 50% commission

Consbut they only pay 25% for add ons and 25% for bath dogs.

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsNone. I found everyone from the customer service to the management to be rude and demeaning. Though only good thing was the cute dogs.

ConsThey have shady business practices. When I asked about it I was told "oh well, it's not like the dogs can tell their owners." I also experienced more attitude there than at any other job that I have ever had!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better business practices and actually care about employees and dogs

Disappointed and disheartened

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe dogs were great and they would get so happy when they saw you

ConsThere are shady business practices and the management cares more about money then the dogs or customers. There was little consideration about employee safety and the coworkers were awful. People were verbally attacked daily and it's was hostile. There was a high turn over because of it. They would not promote from within unless you were friends with managment. There was favoritism and if you reported something expect to be verbally went after by coworkers if not written up by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually follow your TLC motto and care about the dogs and customers. Get new front desk workers they were rude to customers and overall make it a better work environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Disappointing

Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsIf you genuinely love dogs you will enjoy the opportunity to meet many.

ConsIf you love animals you will be disappointed in how they are cared for at the pet hotel located on Page. Poor management, deceitful business practices and a lack of genuine concern for the welfare of employees and the animals in their care. It's all about making money without concern for ethics, integrity or Best Practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater profits can be earned by being a company that is trustworthy in a manner that earns the respect of customers and employees alike.

Disheartened Worker

Cross-Trained (Former Employee) Ballwin, MO

ProsBeing around dogs.
    Pretty flexible scheduling.

ConsClique-like coworkers, you can tend to feel left out.
    Working most holidays while Customer Service and Grooming staff are off.
    Injuries are common, floors are often slick and dogs will pull you around harshly.
    Managers choose favorites, and typically the rest of the workers follow suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking sure that all Kennelwood locations are ran by people who are professional and not just there to "gossip" or take advantage of their power. Investigating more on how certain Kennelwood's are ran (show up without warning).

Good place to work while in school

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThey were very flexible with hours and worked around my school schedule well.

ConsThey are open 365 days of a year and require you to work most all holidays and weekends. Also the pay could certainly be better

It is very rewarding to work with individuals who have a common passion for animals.

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsCompany stability - been in business for 36 years.
    Can bring pet to work - great environent.
    Casual dress code.
    Supportive management team.
    Fun workplace

ConsMinimum wage for most entry level positions

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote from within.

Worked for Kennelwood Pet Resorts? Contribute to the Community!