www.kennesaw.edu

Updated October 10, 2014
4.0

Kennesaw State University President Dan Papp
Dan Papp

Pros
  • There were some opportunities for tuition assistance, good government benefits, and great work environment (in 7 reviews)

• KSU is highly invested in employee's success and future so there are many opportunities to grow (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Working in the Office of University Events was great at first but I soon learned there was no one you could trust (in 3 reviews)

• Managers would ask for you to do busy work and make copies like you are an intern vs a valuable employee (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work.

I worked at Kennesaw State University

Pros

Supportive environment, encourages professional development, upward potential

Cons

No merit or salary increases for most employees

N/a

Awesome

Current Employee - Student Assistant Intramurals in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Student Assistant Intramurals in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Kennesaw State University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very Focused on student development

Cons

There are no cons to working here

I am a floor tech and i am aware of floor machine plus i clean most building that are giving to me

Current Employee - Custodian I in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Custodian I in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Kennesaw State University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I want to try something new, i would talk to friends about anything, yes i would discuss about promotions company values and bennfits

Cons

some of the best challenge is showing what you can do on a job. yes i would discuss about it

I want to my best around upper management. yes i would discuss it

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Accounting Tutor in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Accounting Tutor in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Kennesaw State University part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great schedule, great way to retain skills.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time for the mentioned position.

Keep up the good work.

Unbelievable place to work

Current Employee - Human Resources in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Kennesaw State University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work. Very good benefits. Not perfect, but still very good. Great retirement plans. Excellent time off. Many many caring people. Every department is a little different. Working in HR I got to see some of the problems in various departments, but as a whole the university is excellent. Highly recommend.

Cons

Maybe that the pay is a little low, but it's a trade off. What you give up in pay you more than gain in benefits, time off, and the opportunity for job growth. Every job/career has cons. KSU is as good as it gets.

None really. Maybe just remember that extreme growth can be stressful on the employees. Overall good job recognizing this, just maintain focus.

Recent Graduate

Former Employee - Student Assistant in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Student Assistant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Kennesaw State University part-time

Pros

Being in the same location as class and not having to drive at all.

Cons

It was work study and I wasn't allowed to do homework or study

ease up on the student workers, we are here for you

Good start out job for people wanting to get their foot in the door with higher education

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Kennesaw State University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really liked working for a university. There were some opportunities for tuition assistance, good government benefits, and great work environment.

Cons

Management can be very clique and unfair, politics, and all about who you know. Depending on the office there may not be much room to grow but can transfer through departments easier after already being employed.

The little guys feelings and needs should be considered when making changes. They are the ones who deal directly with students and who the changes affect the most.

Great People, typical bureaucratic red tape

Former Employee - Student Assistant
    Former Employee - Student Assistant

I worked at Kennesaw State University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are so many wonderful people here. I have met people that will be good friends for life. So many people work very hard. Almost everyone I met was incredibly friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help out.

Cons

Student Assistants are kind of a 'fly on the wall' here. There is in-fighting between departments sometimes, and when people leave, it can be ugly. At the same time, I think this is stuff that you would encounter many places. There is a lot of training for Administrative Assistants, for various things from safety to random other things. Work-life balance seems decent, however, there are some assistants that are worked to capacity during the day. Promotions can mean having a very small raise and taking over two positions at once. Raises are insultingly tiny. I saw a lot of people leave for 'greener pastures' and I can't blame them.

Please, pay your staff more. Give your adjuncts enough classes so they don't have to go on welfare. You keep building new things, but what about your people?

Overall great university experience!

Current Employee - Enrollment Svc Solutions Associate in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Enrollment Svc Solutions Associate in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Kennesaw State University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

KSU upholds certain core values that reflects in the working environment. Other pros: benefits, flexibility, tuition waiver through TAP, free workshops offered throughout the year for personal and professional growth, etc

Cons

Faculty parking cost per month is approx $20 per month.

No place like home!

I have been working at Kennesaw State University as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Kennesaw has a family environment.

Cons

The salaries are not the best.

Kennesaw State University Photos