Kennesaw State University

www.kennesaw.edu

Kennesaw State University Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Kennesaw State University – Kennesaw – “Kennesaw State University”

Kennesaw State University President Dan Papp

Dan Papp

Pros
  • It was a friendly work environment in an enjoyable atmosphere(in 5 reviews)

• KSU is highly invested in employee's success and future so there are many opportunities to grow(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Working in the Office of University Events was great at first but I soon learned there was no one you could trust(in 3 reviews)

• Managers would ask for you to do busy work and make copies like you are an intern vs a valuable employee(in 2 reviews)

No place like home!

ProsKennesaw has a family environment.

ConsThe salaries are not the best.

Tour Guide - Admissions

Tour Guide (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsFlexible schedule with your classes, opportunity to really learn and engage with the university

ConsMany people in the office look down on the tour guides and use them for their mindless busy work

My experience was a very positive one.

Lecturer of Economics (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsThe best reasons to work there are: very intelligent faculty and staff, and the entire environment is very easy to navigate, both physically and socially.

ConsKennesaw has challenges in the area of diversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude persons of other cultures and backgrounds to appear more inclusive and accepting of a diverse workforce.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Adult acute/urgent/chronic medical & injury, immunization/travel clinic, college level sport physicals, women's health

Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsAdequate on site training time, good life work balance, provides a good service for the adolescent/adult population. Staff very kind, work together well, wanted to be proactive, improve their skills and knowledge eager to learn, kind and loving to the patient population

ConsUntrained middle management; Inadequate, unclear or difficult policies for medical actions as relates to uncommon situations
    Middle Managers had a tendency to cause discourse among the working staff, discouraged an environment of cooperation
    Very Difficult to getting approval for time or compensation for CEU's.
    Inadequate space for efficiency in patient care

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain managers with basic and continuing education.
    Write and make easily assessable clear policy
    Encourage and actively support continuing education for all staff
    Encourage and Support life-work balance to keep staff encouraged so that they my share a positive experience with their patients and coworkers

Work life

Administrative Associate II (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsGreat benefits,environment, laid back, family oriented, promote from within

ConsGrossly low pay, wear many hats, no salary increases in over 7 years

Student employment experience

Peer Advisor (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsThe best reasons to work for KSU is the beautiful campus and the surrounding pleasant environment. The university is full of opportunity for growth and advancement, personally and professionally.

ConsTraffic, bureaucracy, politics, high cost of living

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement further incentives for campus involvement and creation of a traditional college atmosphere

Part time Professor

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsGreat university really growing to one of the top three in Georgia.

ConsPolitics of the academe is rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget some of the red tape and get to know the people who work for you - especially part-time faculty

Graduate researcher

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible ,easy, good people , learning envirmonment

Conspay, drive, not set work

Great job!

Head Lab Assistant (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsIt is a great job if you are serious about school work getting done and helping fellow peers. It allows you to do homework if you are not busy helping your peers or if you do not have any assignments from the boss. Each job at KSU is different so this particular position refers to the Head Lab Assistant position in the music department. From other workers at KSU they all love their jobs.

ConsMinimum wage. For a school job that allows you to work on homework while being payed there really aren't many cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good place to work

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

Prosgreat opportunity to learn and growth. the position offers a tuition waiver and paid stipend. I loved working with accomplished professor who are very caring and understanding.

Consthe pay is little and the work load can be high considering the school work, it can be hectic trying to finish the research assigned by supervisors (Prof.)

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up with the good work

Worked for Kennesaw State University? Contribute to the Community!