Keno Kozie Associates Reviews

Updated February 5, 2015
22 reviews filtered by
Barry R Keno

Very good place to work. Everyone is knowledgeable, and most are friendly and willing to help their teammates.

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They go out of their way to work around your life schedule. They hire remote analysts who can work from home. They allow split-shift scheduling. They do 4 day work weeks. Their benefits are excellent. They do a very good job of helping each analyst stay on track.

Cons

The call volume is really high. There is a very high learning curve if you are new to this type of environment. The legal industry can be very high-stress.

2. Get experience and get out

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good experience if you're looking to start in IT. Keno Kozie will give you the training to succeed as a Help Desk Analyst, but don't hope for much beyond that.

Cons

Poor communication between management and employees, zero collaboration between departments (it's mostly feuding), well below competitive market in terms of salary (this helps attract those with no experience or education), cares more about

3. Decent place to work if just starting out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced work environment means you're never bored and there are benefits for those who work hard. Colleagues were great, management less so. Great location in a great city.

Cons

You'll become a specialist in legal-specific systems, makes it hard to move or transfer skills to other environments. They bill by the hour for your time, so your time is a commodity they'll max out until there's nothing left. Little room for advancement.

5. Smoke and Mirrors

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates

Pros

None, this place is a career killer

Cons

Management motivates employees with threats on being fired from the very first day of employment. More often than not they promised the client services they could not provide and out right lied on contracts. Organization is completely void of Project Management and ITIL processes even through contracts and company media boasts of following them. Employee turnover is very high and morale is low. Worst place I ever work at in my life.

6. Great place to work.

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of growth within the company

Cons

You may become stagnant if you do not push for a promotion.

7. Company does not value its employees

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to learn a lot very fast if you are willing put it in the very long hours.
    A good place for beginners to start.
    Challenging work.

Cons

No work life balance. You are expected to come in early and stay late almost every day.
    You are expected to work during your off hours and on weekends.
    You have to eat your lunch on the go sometimes, while in the middle of visiting clients.
    Managers have little respect for employees, except the ones they like. I even had one curse at me once.
    This company has a problem with very high turnover. People basically come here simply to learn and move on. I have seen numerous people leave, a few came back after a promise of change, only to leave again after learning nothing changed.

I don't think there is anything that I can say to help. They have tried numerous things to improve, and yet their best people leave because they don't like it there.

8. Incredible potential to learn wide areas of technical knowledge in a short time. Great culture.

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Firm's culture induces a comfortable work environment where you are never bored as long as you work hard. Opportunities for growth are given to those who show promise and commitment. Perks and benefits are great compared to other organizations similar in size and industry.

Cons

At times, unified vision for planning company strategy and operations appears to be lacking. Company tends to shift into smaller short term goals of departments, rather than macro level planning for the benefit of all employees.

Adjust long term planning to address all areas of weakness, in order to shape and improve the company's future as we continue to grow.

9. You'll be better paid and happier elsewhere.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Demanding work environment means that you'll be thrown into the fire to quickly learn new technology and products.

Cons

Demanding work environment means that you'll rarely get home on time, miss weekend events with friends and family, and will feel continuously stressed and burnt out. You are the product the firm is selling, and an hour of your time is worth a lot to them so they'll take as many as they can.

Treat your employees like humans, not resources. Don't only speak to them when they make mistakes. A little encouragement goes a long way (and better pay goes even longer)

10. leave this place as fast as possible!

Former Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They do cater lunch for 1st shift. Other shifts out of luck. Air Conditioning in the office shuts off during 2nd shift. Meeting always before or after shift hours.

Cons

Management is bad. Employees moral is in the toliet. No processes. management lacks proper education. Never hear how the firm is doing. Behind on newer technologies, which can't be good for a technology firm.

Management should be certified in what there field of expertise.

11. Great company with growth potential and engaging company culture!

Current Employee - Administration in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administration in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not only do I really enjoy my day-to-day job, but I can truly say I love the people I work with. I have been provided with valuable training, life-long friends and fun perks--catered lunches from restaurants all over the city, organization services initiatives and great health care benefits!

Cons

I wish we were given an allotted amount of vacation time versus accruing time for each month we are employed.

Keep the lines of communication open and great job on creating a wonderful company culture!