Keno Kozie Associates

Keno Kozie Associates Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014

Barry R Keno

Incredible potential to learn wide areas of technical knowledge in a short time. Great culture.

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Firm's culture induces a comfortable work environment where you are never bored as long as you work hard. Opportunities for growth are given to those who show promise and commitment. Perks and benefits are great compared to other organizations similar in size and industry.

Cons

At times, unified vision for planning company strategy and operations appears to be lacking. Company tends to shift into smaller short term goals of departments, rather than macro level planning for the benefit of all employees.

Adjust long term planning to address all areas of weakness, in order to shape and improve the company's future as we continue to grow.

You'll be better paid and happier elsewhere.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Demanding work environment means that you'll be thrown into the fire to quickly learn new technology and products.

Cons

Demanding work environment means that you'll rarely get home on time, miss weekend events with friends and family, and will feel continuously stressed and burnt out. You are the product the firm is selling, and an hour of your time is worth a lot to them so they'll take as many as they can.

Treat your employees like humans, not resources. Don't only speak to them when they make mistakes. A little encouragement goes a long way (and better pay goes even longer)

Great company with growth potential and engaging company culture!

Current Employee - Administration in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administration in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not only do I really enjoy my day-to-day job, but I can truly say I love the people I work with. I have been provided with valuable training, life-long friends and fun perks--catered lunches from restaurants all over the city, organization services initiatives and great health care benefits!

Cons

I wish we were given an allotted amount of vacation time versus accruing time for each month we are employed.

Keep the lines of communication open and great job on creating a wonderful company culture!

Good Place to Learn, Little Room to Grow

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time

Pros

Exposure to many technologies--legal focused. Younger management team work tirelessly to keeping things chugging along and spend a lot of time helping employees learn. Awesome coworkers!!!

Cons

Little room for advancement. Constant chaos and too many secretive meetings--leads to poor overall culture.

Not sure who senior management is. The firm seems to be ran by departmental leads and younger partners--senior partners seem little involved-not sure if this is good or bad. This firm could be more fun to work at--it is a tech firm after-all. Provide more career opportunities.

High End Law Help Desk and Support

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time

Pros

Lots of Training on things that law firms value...like Legal MacPac.

Cons

Low pay for amount of support and for work hours. Almost zero room to grow. LEts face it; this is an outsourcing firm so law firms can slightly lower their overhead as opposed to having in-house support. Pay is 10-15k lower than skill set.

What can one say? People only work here because they've spent untold years with law experience and slowly but surely can only work at places like Keno. No managerial advice will help.

Good training, helpful peers but bad culture

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training program is great and most of the other workers and even some of the administrative staff are really friendly and helpful!

Cons

There is some pretty terrible cold corporate culture, a lot of employee mistrust, it makes it hard to establish yourself and succeed. Morale is sort of declining as workers hear more about what they do wrong than right.

Please improve communication, you cannot expect employee improvement if you never communicate effectively.

Great people and excellent skill development

Current Employee - Hekp Desk in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Hekp Desk in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good training is provided, a a nice support structure A wide range of skills is expected and appreciated., Constant development of skills is tecnology savvy isencouraged. Good customer service skills required. Very congenial.

Cons

You are their business. In a downturn you are out of luck.

Dont rotate people so much.

Stay away from this company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn a lot on the job especially if you are new out of college. Mostly young professionals that work there. Opportunity to be exposed to a number of different environments.

Cons

Long hours. No process. Chaotic environment. No team collaboration. Constant Fire Fighting. limited training budget. High expectations for little pay.

Partners need to figure out to work together and provide 1 vision and direction.

This is a great company - very professional and really takes care of clients and staff

Current Employee - Help Desk Team Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Help Desk Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company cares - everyone at Keno Kozie really cares about what they're doing. While it's not always perfect (it IS a very hard job), everyone from the receptionist to the partners works hard to do a good job and make the entire place more successful.

Cons

I don't know what some of these other guys are complaining about. It's a tough job, but wouldn't you rather work for a good company that has high standards? Sometimes things are disorganized. But I've been promoted twice since being here and if you do good work you can be really successful. You can't say that about the competitor!!

Planning! Too much last minute adjusting of schedules and assignments. Otherwise - keep going!!

Good exposure to different technologies, long work hours and awful management

Former Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hands on experience with various types of hardware and software, a few good resources in the engineering department. Salaries are about average.

Cons

Long work hours, if you are one of the few decent engineers expect to be bombarded with requests to work after hours, weekends, while your wife is in labor, etc. If you have a family, don't apply for an engineering position here. Lots of inside chatter behind everyone's back, especially among management which trickles its way down to the employees, bad for morale. Don't expect a lot of training, you will be required to learn on your own on the job at times.

To all the many partners, put a lid on the managers.