Keno Kozie Associates

Keno Kozie Associates Reviews

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015

Barry R Keno

Very good place to work. Everyone is knowledgeable, and most are friendly and willing to help their teammates.

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They go out of their way to work around your life schedule. They hire remote analysts who can work from home. They allow split-shift scheduling. They do 4 day work weeks. Their benefits are excellent. They do a very good job of helping each analyst stay on track.

Cons

The call volume is really high. There is a very high learning curve if you are new to this type of environment. The legal industry can be very high-stress.

Smoke and Mirrors

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates

Pros

None, this place is a career killer

Cons

Management motivates employees with threats on being fired from the very first day of employment. More often than not they promised the client services they could not provide and out right lied on contracts. Organization is completely void of Project Management and ITIL processes even through contracts and company media boasts of following them. Employee turnover is very high and morale is low. Worst place I ever work at in my life.

Company does not value its employees

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to learn a lot very fast if you are willing put it in the very long hours.
    A good place for beginners to start.
    Challenging work.

Cons

No work life balance. You are expected to come in early and stay late almost every day.
    You are expected to work during your off hours and on weekends.
    You have to eat your lunch on the go sometimes, while in the middle of visiting clients.
    Managers have little respect for employees, except the ones they like. I even had one curse at me once.
    This company has a problem with very high turnover. People basically come here simply to learn and move on. I have seen numerous people leave, a few came back after a promise of change, only to leave again after learning nothing changed.

I don't think there is anything that I can say to help. They have tried numerous things to improve, and yet their best people leave because they don't like it there.

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of growth within the company

Cons

You may become stagnant if you do not push for a promotion.

Incredible potential to learn wide areas of technical knowledge in a short time. Great culture.

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Firm's culture induces a comfortable work environment where you are never bored as long as you work hard. Opportunities for growth are given to those who show promise and commitment. Perks and benefits are great compared to other organizations similar in size and industry.

Cons

At times, unified vision for planning company strategy and operations appears to be lacking. Company tends to shift into smaller short term goals of departments, rather than macro level planning for the benefit of all employees.

Adjust long term planning to address all areas of weakness, in order to shape and improve the company's future as we continue to grow.

You'll be better paid and happier elsewhere.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Demanding work environment means that you'll be thrown into the fire to quickly learn new technology and products.

Cons

Demanding work environment means that you'll rarely get home on time, miss weekend events with friends and family, and will feel continuously stressed and burnt out. You are the product the firm is selling, and an hour of your time is worth a lot to them so they'll take as many as they can.

Treat your employees like humans, not resources. Don't only speak to them when they make mistakes. A little encouragement goes a long way (and better pay goes even longer)

Great company with growth potential and engaging company culture!

Current Employee - Administration in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administration in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not only do I really enjoy my day-to-day job, but I can truly say I love the people I work with. I have been provided with valuable training, life-long friends and fun perks--catered lunches from restaurants all over the city, organization services initiatives and great health care benefits!

Cons

I wish we were given an allotted amount of vacation time versus accruing time for each month we are employed.

Keep the lines of communication open and great job on creating a wonderful company culture!

Good Place to Learn, Little Room to Grow

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time

Pros

Exposure to many technologies--legal focused. Younger management team work tirelessly to keeping things chugging along and spend a lot of time helping employees learn. Awesome coworkers!!!

Cons

Little room for advancement. Constant chaos and too many secretive meetings--leads to poor overall culture.

Not sure who senior management is. The firm seems to be ran by departmental leads and younger partners--senior partners seem little involved-not sure if this is good or bad. This firm could be more fun to work at--it is a tech firm after-all. Provide more career opportunities.

High End Law Help Desk and Support

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time

Pros

Lots of Training on things that law firms value...like Legal MacPac.

Cons

Low pay for amount of support and for work hours. Almost zero room to grow. LEts face it; this is an outsourcing firm so law firms can slightly lower their overhead as opposed to having in-house support. Pay is 10-15k lower than skill set.

What can one say? People only work here because they've spent untold years with law experience and slowly but surely can only work at places like Keno. No managerial advice will help.

Good training, helpful peers but bad culture

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training program is great and most of the other workers and even some of the administrative staff are really friendly and helpful!

Cons

There is some pretty terrible cold corporate culture, a lot of employee mistrust, it makes it hard to establish yourself and succeed. Morale is sort of declining as workers hear more about what they do wrong than right.

Please improve communication, you cannot expect employee improvement if you never communicate effectively.