Keno Kozie Associates Reviews

1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Call Taker
    Current Employee - Call Taker

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time

Pros

Great training and experience. This job will keep you on your toes. Having IT experience helps in this position but isn't needed. I like working here and don't see myself changing jobs any time soon. Co-workers are nice and the overall staff are pleasant. The pay and benefits are good and seem to stay constant.

Cons

Some of the managers need to be removed. They abuse their position and promote their friends instead of making it fair for everyone else. Some of the upper managers do nothing all day but play online. Not fair to those of us who work hard. Sometimes you stay late to finish your work. Hard to get out on time to make the train. Turnover is a huge problem. They need to hire more people all at once to prepare for people quitting.

Advice to Management

Talk to your analysts not the managers. They have no idea how it really works. Don't overwhelm the new people. Give them time to get adjusted and don't dump 15 clients on them all at once.

2. Keno Kozie Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates

Pros

Great work atmosphere, positive people.

Cons

Not much bad, generally a positive experience

3. Good Culture -- Good Opportunities -- Erratic Leadership

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good opportunities to learn new technologies and for advancement -- Great group of people I work with!!! -- Very good mentoring and guidance -- Supervisors are always willing to help and take significant time to mentor -- I was bored and lost in previous jobs and found a home at Keno Kozie -- I like to stay busy and learn and I have now found that place -- I wish I would have went into consulting many years ago; It is not for everybody but it is right for me -- Salary is good and benefits are decent -- Fun environment!!!:

Cons

Workload can be stressful but pay makes up for it -- If you prove you know what you are doing and can work well with clients; you will get rewarded -- Clients are VERY demanding and client managers always take a clients side and always assume a technician is wrong -- I get the "client is always right" mantra but some understanding and support would go a long way; After all a lot of the client managers do not seem to understand what it is like to be in the trenches -- Although some of my coworkers have told me they used to be in the trenches -- Hard to believe!:

Advice to Management

This is very split; My director and managers are super helpful and I have the utmost confidence in them -- They have true leadership abilities and work long hours to hours to keep this company running even it is clear they are stretched too thin -- They strive to make the company better and always try to push it forward in a positive way -- They are the glue that keeps this company together and really give a rats #$$ about the employees -- From what I here, it is the same in the other departments as well -- The directors and managers are the only reason I gave senior management 3 stars below -- If not for them I would give a 1 or 0. My take on the top leadership of this company is the opposite -- This is primarily those with their names in the company name and maybe one or two more -- These are same people that are happy to throw you under the bus and who I mention in Cons above -- The same people who seem to work very little and probably get rich off others hard work; They are completely devoid of any leadership skills and have poor people skills -- When they do seem to make an effort to talk to you they come across completely contrived and disingenuous -- To me it is bizarre that the various directors and managers stay as long as they do -- If I had to work for the people they answer too I would not -- They just come in every once in a while and sit in closed door meetings; Yes we can hear you throw tantrums and yell at others through those glass doors -- ironic this site is named glassdoor -- employees sit close to your offices and conference rooms in case you did not realize -- Maybe I am wrong and that should be considered good leadership; I do not know everything that goes on behind closed doors but I would be kissing you know what of the employees and other leaders instead of yelling -- It would also be nice for these so called leaders to get involved with the clients they supposedly manage and help and support those who do the heavy lifting to keep the clients happy -- There is no leading by example here; Their barely involved with their clients and expect perfection from those who service those same clients!:

5. HIgh expectations and strong team. Everyone made me feel welcome.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates

Pros

They are very collaborative and are always willing to discuss the best way to do something. They leadership cares about the staff and is trying to make working at K2 a good experience with teaching available. It is a great place to learn a lot fast.

Cons

The clients can be very demanding. This type of job is not for everyone but if you like to help clients and work hard it can be rewarding. If you like a slower corporate environment, not for you.

Advice to Management

Get out and meet the teams more. They are well trained and trying to do the best job they can. I will give them a more practical understanding of the challenges people face.

Manager

I have been working at Keno Kozie Associates full-time

Pros

Keno Kozie provides great opportunities for movement. The environment with team members interacting is good and the ability to increase skills set is great.

Cons

Working primarily for the legal industry can be stressful but knowing that we are assisting their clients is valuable.

Advice to Management

Keep providing transparency and advancing the Keno Kozie brand.

7. Get experience and get out

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience if you're looking to start in IT. Keno Kozie will give you the training to succeed as a Help Desk Analyst, but don't hope for much beyond that.

Cons

Poor communication between management and employees, zero collaboration between departments (it's mostly feuding), well below competitive market in terms of salary (this helps attract those with no experience or education), cares more about

8. Decent place to work if just starting out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced work environment means you're never bored and there are benefits for those who work hard. Colleagues were great, management less so. Great location in a great city.

Cons

You'll become a specialist in legal-specific systems, makes it hard to move or transfer skills to other environments. They bill by the hour for your time, so your time is a commodity they'll max out until there's nothing left. Little room for advancement.

9. Smoke and Mirrors

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates

Pros

None, this place is a career killer

Cons

Management motivates employees with threats on being fired from the very first day of employment. More often than not they promised the client services they could not provide and out right lied on contracts. Organization is completely void of Project Management and ITIL processes even through contracts and company media boasts of following them. Employee turnover is very high and morale is low. Worst place I ever work at in my life.

10. Great place to work.

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of growth within the company

Cons

You may become stagnant if you do not push for a promotion.

11. Company does not value its employees

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Keno Kozie Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to learn a lot very fast if you are willing put it in the very long hours. A good place for beginners to start. Challenging work.

Cons

No work life balance. You are expected to come in early and stay late almost every day. You are expected to work during your off hours and on weekends. You have to eat your lunch on the go sometimes, while in the middle of visiting clients. Managers have little respect for employees, except the ones they like. I even had one curse at me once. This company has a problem with very high turnover. People basically come here simply to learn and move on. I have seen numerous people leave, a few came back after a promise of change, only to leave again after learning nothing changed.

Advice to Management

I don't think there is anything that I can say to help. They have tried numerous things to improve, and yet their best people leave because they don't like it there.

RSS Feed </> Embed