Kenseal Construction Products

Kenseal Construction Products Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Paul McKinnell

Challenging but rewarding

ProsThis company offers their employees the autonomy to treat their sales territories and or regions as their own businesses within a business.

ConsDue to nature of the business, individuals need to be skilled at multi tasking and keeping organized which can cause some not too succeed. Because of the distance between the locations some locations and or staff can feel isolated.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop your people by offering training workshops for both the sales and technical aspects of the business. Since this business is so challenging you should continue to prepare the employees in every way to succeed.

Not bad if you're OK with having your budget raised every year too new incredible heights

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosthe comraderie is very good here. They offer dental insurance, and extras like AFLAC. theyre flexible with paid time off. Management is pretty cool as long as youre really doing what youre supposd to do, and thats SELL.

Conssome branches seem to lack proper training. hard work seems to go unappreciated, only sales are appreciated. If youre a salesman you better stick with selling and thats that. The health insurance is not that great. I think the salary is very low. Depending on your position you might be happy. Inside sales is the pits here.

Advice to Senior Managementinside salesmen are some of the hardest working people in the company, thouhg that depends on location. Management should consider paying them a higher salery because these employees dont have enough time to do proactive sales. Also this company lacks customer service training. Customer service is an extra at this place as long as youre selling youre doing your job. Also consider adding more staff members with shorter shifts.

The best job I've ever had !!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat pay, great co-workers, and a company who cares.

ConsKeeping up with the fast pace.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The BEST company I have every work for by far!

A/R Coordinator (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsCompetitive salaries! Management encourages growth and development. Family atmosphere. Awesome holiday parties. Casual work place. Always willing to teach if your willing to learn. Great benefits. I actually enjoy coming to work.

ConsNot one! That's right....not one! I haven't had one bad experience while working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep doing what your doing!

Enjoyable and challenging business atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe company is certainly a results driven organization that compensates fairly for achieving the company goals. The hours of operation allow for you to spend time with your family and have a good work-life balance. Company has fair benefits and I credit them for asking for employee feedback to enhance and improve the benefits they provide.

ConsThere could be a standardized approach to increasing base salaries. The company always allows for you to increase your earnings with growth which is a plus but most of that seems to be in the form of bonus NOT base.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. I respect that you always look to improve our benefits, our branding and our product offerings. The communication between departments has significantly improved. The culture and bonding on the sales trip is second to none.

High expectations, hard work and well worth it!

ProsOwnership and management care about there employees, while expecting you to perform at a high level, you can also be sure there is time to enjoy what you do and the people you work with. Social events and celebrations are never overlooked. Milestone anniversaries with the company, beginning at 5 years, are recognized and older ones with unique events are planned to surprise the employee...Great Culture! Good compensation for good performance.

Product Lines are the most important in the industry and customers need what we sell. The company is not afraid to inventory what sells. Management decisions and direction happen quickly with out undue stalling.

ConsHard work that takes focus and individual motivation. With 14 locations having a connection with all employees is difficult. Sometimes in smaller offices you can feel like you are out on an island. IT infrastructure has improved significantly and helps with this a long with company events. Product training program could be improved, plenty of structure around sales and IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should consider having everyone know and embrace the organizations vision.

Great company with a solid foundation.

ProsRewards for effort and results. Provides leadership and direction without too much micro-management. Gives employees the ability to achieve results with the added benefit of a support team that is knowledgeable and able to give guidance when needed. Good benefits and work schedule. Approachable upper management and ownership.

ConsNo real cons come to mind. I find when there are issues they are dealt with appropriately. The company seems very grounded to me.

Great Company, Competitive Pay, Casual yet Professional Environment!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsThis is a nice, solid, and fair company to work for. There are quite a few long-time employees (at several locations) who are very helpful and knowledgeable. Their willingness to teach, coach, and be a team player has been instrumental in my success with this company. It is a competitive and results based company yet not cut throat. It provides a great team atmosphere that I enjoy being a part of. The sales goals are aggressive but realistic and completely obtainable for hard working and dedicated employees.

ConsHaving locations spread from Boston, MA to Charlotte, NC makes it a bit challenging to really get to know your co-workers outside of your specific location. However, the company does host a spectacular company Christmas party for everyone to mingle. (Flights, hotels, and Party..... all paid for) There is also potential for the yearly, all-inclusive, sales incentive trip.

Advice to Senior ManagementAwesome job on the newly revised "Training Schedule/Outline". It is much more structured and helpful for newer employees. Continue to coach and assist your staff with an open door, open mind

Great company with a lot of opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsPeople are nice, friendly and it is a family like atmosphere. Company provides great benefits to employees and allows for a good work/life balance. Work hard and you are rewarded.

ConsThere are 14 locations so it can be hard to get to know other team members. The company does have a holiday party to bring everyone together so that helps. The pro's far outweigh any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the employees with fair compensation, great benefits and growth opportunities.

Great Company, Great People.

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThey allow for a great work-life balance. Plenty of opportunity for growth. Direct access to leadership of the company. Continuously investing in the business and trying new things.

ConsNone that I can think of. If and when a problems arises, it is addressed fairly and professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support the development of your people personally and professionally.

Worked for Kenseal Construction Products? Contribute to the Community!