Kenseal Construction Products Reviews

Paul McKinnell

Service First

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kenseal offers customer first environment that allows the team to put the needs of the customer first.

Cons

None that I can think of it was great experience.

Advice to Management

Keep that door open and the lines of communication clear.

2. Inside sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products (More than 3 years)

Pros

Established company in the industry.

Cons

Managed by intimidation.....not motivation. Lack of growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

show some appreciation to those that generate your revenue.

3. warehouse associate

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time

Pros

no management watching your back, there is always a clean warehouse, customers are friendly, clean and working equipment is always available.

Cons

unfair compensation system, thirty minute lunch break with 11 hrs days, management doesn't respond to request, all assistance is delayed

Advice to Management

Treat employees more then just a number, employees should have a longer break period since there is so much manual labor for long periods of time

Jun 16, 2015 – Director of Operations

First, thank you for your review of Kenseal and providing some insight into our company. Our culture promotes transparency and we strive to provide a great place to work for all team members ... More

Not bad if you're OK with having your budget raised every year too new incredible heights

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the comraderie is very good here. They offer dental insurance, and extras like AFLAC. theyre flexible with paid time off. Management is pretty cool as long as youre really doing what youre supposd to do, and thats SELL.

Cons

some branches seem to lack proper training. hard work seems to go unappreciated, only sales are appreciated. If youre a salesman you better stick with selling and thats that. The health insurance is not that great. I think the salary is very low. Depending on your position you might be happy. Inside sales is the pits here.

Advice to Management

inside salesmen are some of the hardest working people in the company, thouhg that depends on location. Management should consider paying them a higher salery because these employees dont have enough time to do proactive sales. Also this company lacks customer service training. Customer service is an extra at this place as long as youre selling youre doing your job. Also consider adding more staff members with shorter shifts.

Jul 30, 2014 – Human Resources

Thank you kindly for your comments! We value our employees at Kenseal Construction Products and are constantly exploring the best avenues to provide top tier working conditions for our team members ... More

Challenging but rewarding

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company offers their employees the autonomy to treat their sales territories and or regions as their own businesses within a business.

Cons

Due to nature of the business, individuals need to be skilled at multi tasking and keeping organized which can cause some not too succeed. Because of the distance between the locations some locations and or staff can feel isolated.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your people by offering training workshops for both the sales and technical aspects of the business. Since this business is so challenging you should continue to prepare the employees in every way to succeed.

Feb 9, 2015 – Director of Operations

Thank you for the great advice to management. We have recognized the need for a better onboarding process and will be implementing new steps to our existing onboarding process in the coming months ... More

7. The best job I've ever had !!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Great pay, great co-workers, and a company who cares.

Cons

Keeping up with the fast pace.

8. The BEST company I have every work for by far!

Current Employee - A/R Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - A/R Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salaries! Management encourages growth and development. Family atmosphere. Awesome holiday parties. Casual work place. Always willing to teach if your willing to learn. Great benefits. I actually enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Not one! That's right....not one! I haven't had one bad experience while working here.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what your doing!

9. Great company with a solid foundation.

Pros

Rewards for effort and results. Provides leadership and direction without too much micro-management. Gives employees the ability to achieve results with the added benefit of a support team that is knowledgeable and able to give guidance when needed. Good benefits and work schedule. Approachable upper management and ownership.

Cons

No real cons come to mind. I find when there are issues they are dealt with appropriately. The company seems very grounded to me.

10. High expectations, hard work and well worth it!

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ownership and management care about there employees, while expecting you to perform at a high level, you can also be sure there is time to enjoy what you do and the people you work with. Social events and celebrations are never overlooked. Milestone anniversaries with the company, beginning at 5 years, are recognized and older ones with unique events are planned to surprise the employee...Great Culture! Good compensation for good performance. Product Lines are the most important in the industry and customers need what we sell. The company is not afraid to inventory what sells. Management decisions and direction happen quickly with out undue stalling.

Cons

Hard work that takes focus and individual motivation. With 14 locations having a connection with all employees is difficult. Sometimes in smaller offices you can feel like you are out on an island. IT infrastructure has improved significantly and helps with this a long with company events. Product training program could be improved, plenty of structure around sales and IT.

Advice to Management

Management should consider having everyone know and embrace the organizations vision.

11. Enjoyable and challenging business atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is certainly a results driven organization that compensates fairly for achieving the company goals. The hours of operation allow for you to spend time with your family and have a good work-life balance. Company has fair benefits and I credit them for asking for employee feedback to enhance and improve the benefits they provide.

Cons

There could be a standardized approach to increasing base salaries. The company always allows for you to increase your earnings with growth which is a plus but most of that seems to be in the form of bonus NOT base.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I respect that you always look to improve our benefits, our branding and our product offerings. The communication between departments has significantly improved. The culture and bonding on the sales trip is second to none.

RSS Feed </> Embed