Kenseal Construction Products

Kenseal Construction Products Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Paul McKinnell

Challenging but rewarding

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThis company offers their employees the autonomy to treat their sales territories and or regions as their own businesses within a business.

ConsDue to nature of the business, individuals need to be skilled at multi tasking and keeping organized which can cause some not too succeed. Because of the distance between the locations some locations and or staff can feel isolated.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop your people by offering training workshops for both the sales and technical aspects of the business. Since this business is so challenging you should continue to prepare the employees in every way to succeed.

The best job I've ever had !!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay, great co-workers, and a company who cares.

ConsKeeping up with the fast pace.

The BEST company I have every work for by far!

A/R Coordinator (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than a year

ProsCompetitive salaries! Management encourages growth and development. Family atmosphere. Awesome holiday parties. Casual work place. Always willing to teach if your willing to learn. Great benefits. I actually enjoy coming to work.

ConsNot one! That's right....not one! I haven't had one bad experience while working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep doing what your doing!

Enjoyable and challenging business atmosphere.

Boston, MA

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company is certainly a results driven organization that compensates fairly for achieving the company goals. The hours of operation allow for you to spend time with your family and have a good work-life balance. Company has fair benefits and I credit them for asking for employee feedback to enhance and improve the benefits they provide.

ConsThere could be a standardized approach to increasing base salaries. The company always allows for you to increase your earnings with growth which is a plus but most of that seems to be in the form of bonus NOT base.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. I respect that you always look to improve our benefits, our branding and our product offerings. The communication between departments has significantly improved. The culture and bonding on the sales trip is second to none.

High expectations, hard work and well worth it!

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOwnership and management care about there employees, while expecting you to perform at a high level, you can also be sure there is time to enjoy what you do and the people you work with. Social events and celebrations are never overlooked. Milestone anniversaries with the company, beginning at 5 years, are recognized and older ones with unique events are planned to surprise the employee...Great Culture! Good compensation for good performance.

Product Lines are the most important in the industry and customers need what we sell. The company is not afraid to inventory what sells. Management decisions and direction happen quickly with out undue stalling.

ConsHard work that takes focus and individual motivation. With 14 locations having a connection with all employees is difficult. Sometimes in smaller offices you can feel like you are out on an island. IT infrastructure has improved significantly and helps with this a long with company events. Product training program could be improved, plenty of structure around sales and IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should consider having everyone know and embrace the organizations vision.

Great company with a solid foundation.

ProsRewards for effort and results. Provides leadership and direction without too much micro-management. Gives employees the ability to achieve results with the added benefit of a support team that is knowledgeable and able to give guidance when needed. Good benefits and work schedule. Approachable upper management and ownership.

ConsNo real cons come to mind. I find when there are issues they are dealt with appropriately. The company seems very grounded to me.

Great Company, Competitive Pay, Casual yet Professional Environment!!!!!

Chesapeake, VA

ProsThis is a nice, solid, and fair company to work for. There are quite a few long-time employees (at several locations) who are very helpful and knowledgeable. Their willingness to teach, coach, and be a team player has been instrumental in my success with this company. It is a competitive and results based company yet not cut throat. It provides a great team atmosphere that I enjoy being a part of. The sales goals are aggressive but realistic and completely obtainable for hard working and dedicated employees.

ConsHaving locations spread from Boston, MA to Charlotte, NC makes it a bit challenging to really get to know your co-workers outside of your specific location. However, the company does host a spectacular company Christmas party for everyone to mingle. (Flights, hotels, and Party..... all paid for) There is also potential for the yearly, all-inclusive, sales incentive trip.

Advice to Senior ManagementAwesome job on the newly revised "Training Schedule/Outline". It is much more structured and helpful for newer employees. Continue to coach and assist your staff with an open door, open mind

Great company with a lot of opportunities

Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople are nice, friendly and it is a family like atmosphere. Company provides great benefits to employees and allows for a good work/life balance. Work hard and you are rewarded.

ConsThere are 14 locations so it can be hard to get to know other team members. The company does have a holiday party to bring everyone together so that helps. The pro's far outweigh any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the employees with fair compensation, great benefits and growth opportunities.

Great Company, Great People.

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThey allow for a great work-life balance. Plenty of opportunity for growth. Direct access to leadership of the company. Continuously investing in the business and trying new things.

ConsNone that I can think of. If and when a problems arises, it is addressed fairly and professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support the development of your people personally and professionally.

Great place to work!

Administration (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

ProsCasual yet professional atmosphere. Fun place to work. Opportunity to grow personally and professionally. The company paid to bring all employees together for the holiday party - airfare and hotel covered in full. Party was a blast!

ConsNone come to mind. If you want to work somewhere where your contributions are rewarded, come work at Kenseal.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Worked for Kenseal Construction Products? Contribute to the Community!

Kenseal Construction Products – Why Work for Us?

ABOUT US Kenseal Construction Products is the premier source for commercial sealants, waterproofing products and solutions. We are family owned and operated and have been in business for over 35 years! We currently… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kenseal Construction Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kenseal Construction Products CEO Paul McKinnell . All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Kenseal Construction Products employees.