Kenshoo Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Yoav Izhar-Prato

1. very good place to learn & advance. there are growing pains, however.

Current Employee - Lead ACE Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead ACE Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i work on a very caring, intelligent, technically deep team. we like to come to work every day, to interact, and to solve work-related puzzles in tandem. the knowledge-sharing within our team is awesome, we are willing to be transparent with one another, and i see great things coming for us (within the larger company), as kenshoo continues to evolve and grow. beautiful new office, and a team which is working to make it a good, interesting, visually stimulating, mentally engaging workplace. we have a lot that can be better, but i see good progress. kitchen is stocked with a decent amount of healthy (dried fruit, some fresh fruit, nice yogurt, organic milk, organic snack bars) and non-healthy (chips, freezer waffles) snacks. nice new coffee machine (espresso! lattes! strong, freshly brewed drip from just-ground beans!), ping pong table with a nice, new, competition-quality net. table could be nicer, though. standing desk areas! nice couches / seating areas. open office space, with small breakout rooms available for private calls and meetings. apple tv (airplay, airparrot) in most conference rooms occasional company events (bowling! happy hours!)

Cons

like any company in which development and senior management resides in another country (tel aviv, israel), there can sometimes be the feeling of a disconnect. this means that we might feel (at times) out-of-touch with the product advances, changes, bug fixes, and product pipeline. it also means that we have to work a little harder to find the appropriate resource, than if we had that resource locally. knowledge sharing across teams needs some work. we need to put more effort into this. we need to work harder to foster a sense of togetherness and teamwork, especially across departments. more company-sponsored / sanctioned events would be awesome. they don't have to be large or extravagant, just more frequent. the more often these happen, the more organically can we build a team: we can get to know each person better, trust each other more fully, and can then feel more motivated to work more passionately. this is all about interpersonal connections!

Advice to Management

please give us more frequent updates. it does not have to be in-depth, but just a quick 10-minute check-in, once a week, would be nice. like company stand-up meeting at 9am every monday. or something like that. something to help us connect. the frequency can encourage two-way communication, rather than the feeling that might emerge from less-frequent interactions. those can feel more like disseminating infomation. more like watching television...

Poor management, overrated technology, stalled growth

Former Employee - Client Services
    Former Employee - Client Services

I worked at Kenshoo (More than a year)

Pros

You can learn things if you're early in your career. Company looks good from the outside. A few rockstars, but either badly underpaid or just figureheads to ineffective execs. Nice offices

Cons

Management is stuck in the 60s...obey orders...top down feedback only...no forward thinking. Below average salaries without raises or growth plan and everything in the company is done on a budget Technology nowhere near as good as its hyped...an army of engineers building on a legacy stack. Nearly impossible to get new ideas implemented unless it comes from top management. Nobody really needs what Kenshoo is selling, and its too expensive. Company is stalling and longtime employees waiting for an exit are jumping ship.

Inexperienced People Management

I worked at Kenshoo

Pros

very pretty offices, with nice views

Cons

Weak in development people, managing career. Lack of insight into worker's strength, or how to development them. Verbal support from senior management on career paths, reviews and development plan. But there was nothing officially put into practice. - so a bit disjointed in what they preach versus what they practice. Strong in focusing on producing and branding new products. Senior management is strong in travelling constantly and forwarding emails for others to handle the respond. Verbal strength in promising HR benefits, stocks, and on the surface seems to be able to handle issuing employee paychecks, and all of the standard administrative items. In practice, there are a lot of fixes that needs to be made - such as paying employees on the dates promised, ensuring they understand the process of tax withholding and accurately processing that paperwork, being transparent on process and details of issuing stock options. When not transparent or honest about this, it gives employees a sense of bad business ethics.. HR and payroll sometimes makes mistakes on paperwork and they try to hide it instead of being honest about it and fixing it (such as not being paid on time, stock options in company, tax withholding). Gives employees a sense of shady business ethics. Very religious culture, which isn't a bad thing, depending on your religion. I think they are working on all of this, I am just hoping that trend continues. If considering this company, ask many many many questions and trust your gut on what you sense at the culture if visiting for interview.

Advice to Management

be honest and transparent with the employees on their work and their career path. be hones about what you value as a company - and stick to it. hold senior management more accountable in how they manage and develop their own staff - and not be hesitant to send senior management to training on how to develop and get the best out of their teams.

High integrity

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

Fantastic product and team. Very open and honest interview process which, now that I'm an employee, is proving to be exactly as advertised from the management to the technology. The sales culture is very positive and focuses on a very ethical approach as opposed to a win at all costs approach. And, there is a complete commitment to customer success.

Cons

Kenshoo has normal the growing pains of a technology company that has moved beyond start-up to a high growth mode.

Advice to Management

No advice at this time.

6. Account Management

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast moving innovation and smart people

Cons

Challenging space, margins are thin which means business is stretched

Wild ride with ups and downs

I worked at Kenshoo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Smart, caring team. Worked with some truly amazing people here that were very strategic about how we approached our business. As long as you knew to ask, team was always willing to lend a hand and help out no matter what time of day. - Innovative product team that builds cool things. - Amazing learning experience about digital advertising ecosystem. - Access to many of the top advertisers in the business. True Enterprise solution.

Cons

- Chaotic work environment with very blurry lines about who owns what. Management seems to have started to recognize this but change has been slow and painful. - Challenges around timeliness and robustness of product delivery. - Spread thin globally with erratic support out of inconvenient time zones in many cases.

Advice to Management

- Hire proactively, give Sales more technical resources, hold Product accountable, and focus CS on nurturing clients rather than fire drills/admin tasks

Smart people, fast challenging environment

I have been working at Kenshoo

Pros

Producing truly best-in-class products, many of which are game-changing innovative as of late. Company is going places. Comprised of many truly talented people who love this space and what they do.

Cons

Very high stress depending on your role. Leadership changes things up often which is to be expected in an org like this, but some of the change is too fast causing the ship to never settle on one course. Company goal setting at the executive level doesn't always feel based in reality.

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals. Add visibility to comp/commission structure (and simplify it). Beef up CS part of organization to support growing install base with continued white-glove support. Incentive CS better to perform and 'wow' customers.

Too many Intrinsic Issues

I worked at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

Great group of very smart, talented folks.

Cons

Horrible Product issues. Poor communication, everyone is chasing their tail instead of focusing on the core business needs. Major disconnect with Sr. Management and middle-management is too overwhelmed to really make an impact. Too many obstacles to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Fix the product issues, and the Billing/Finance issues. Add more people in support roles.

Good people bad middle mgmt

I worked at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

Leader in search but not so much in social. Decent reach in the US and abroad.

Cons

Hired a lot of people only to let them go under a year later. Much of the Israeli team in mgmt does a lot of unnecessary traveling keeping them from their core jobs

Decent company

I worked at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

Nice atmosphere, and excellent on boarding.

Cons

low technical knowledge for account managers, messy structure.

RSS Feed </> Embed