KentuckyOne Health Reviews

1 Rating

1. Disorganized

Former Employee - Patient Liaison/Event Management in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Patient Liaison/Event Management in Louisville, KY

I worked at KentuckyOne Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with...most really cared about what they were doing

Cons

Company has a long way to go. Nobody ever seems to know what the next person is doing. Poor management hiring decisions. Many are hired from the 'good old boys' group and don't really know what they are doing. I left a great position to take on a new position - then was let go because the position was deemed unnecessary. This was not fair to me or the people that I was working with/overseeing.

Being a good therapist does not make for good management skills. Make sure when you hire someone it is for their knowledge and skills of the position, not to 'fill a need' for something/someone else. Too many chiefs...not enough Indians.

2. You're just a number

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY

I worked at KentuckyOne Health

Pros

I can't really think of any reason to work there other than the reason anyone would work at a hospital, ie you enjoy working with patients. The co-workers were nice. BUT you can find that at any hospital so I can't imagine why anyone would choose a KOH hospital. I worked at the UofL hospital campus.

Cons

You are a number. No one is safe. You can be fired at anytime they feel that the budget needs to be trimmed, leaving your co-workers even more short and overwhelmed.

Brake your contract with KOH and do your own thing.

3. Run

Former Employee - Staff RN in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Louisville, KY

I worked at KentuckyOne Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some employees actually cared about the patients.

Cons

Employer is primarily concerned about the bottom line. Poorly managed and the staff suffers with outdated equipment. Hospitals are filthy. Move furniture in patient rooms and see what you find. Staff are overworked, doing the job of 2 or 3, because managers are not allowed to hire the employees they need for patient care. Patient care is not safe. I saw many a near miss that was never reported or addressed. Anyone can lose their position, at any time. Veteran staff are let go before new ones. Staff speak badly of patients at the desk. All together a very unprofessional environment.

Figure out what is more important: money or the patients you care for and the staff that does it.

5. No support to nurses and underpaid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health

Pros

Great team members, positive work environment, great nurses, don't pay for parking, other than that, there are no other pros

Cons

Underpaid for market, broken equipment, corporation clueless on work environment, lack of consistency specialty coverage, lack of developing nurses as a profession

6. Good team

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health full-time

Pros

Good team to work with, good benefits

Cons

Vacation time not great; holidays come out of vacation bank;

7. Great place

Current Employee - RDCS in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - RDCS in Louisville, KY

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the teamwork expressed by the staff.

Cons

Sometimes there is unexpected changes

More employee appreciation.

8. I worked as a case manager here for 4 years.

Current Employee - Case Manager in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Lexington, KY

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with patients to be sure their needs are met at discharge, that part is rewarding. I also enjoy most of my coworkers. I think the case management department really does care about doing a good job for the patients.

Cons

It is supposed to be a no overtime department, unless they are short-staffed and need you to work an extra day on the weekend, HA! They are almost always short staffed and expect you to do the work of 1.5-2 people on a regular basis. There is a lot of turnover in the department. The manager that just left was very difficult to deal with, critical, very little people skills. The new manager has better people skills, but is more interested in utilization review that case management, not sure how that is going to work out down the line.

The hospital really needs to step up and provide better psych coverage, more services on weekends, adequate staffing for case management in order to keep the length of stay down where they want it. The hospital recently closed down 2 units and laid off 80+ staff, morale is down...

9. Housekeeping

Former Employee - Housekeeping in Nicholasville, KY
    Former Employee - Housekeeping in Nicholasville, KY

I worked at KentuckyOne Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was ok. My coworkers were nice people and made me feel welcomed.

Cons

The amount of work that was put on one person was unbelievable. I was expected to clean the entire building by myself.

Appreciate the hard working employees

10. Many problems after merger

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good employees, good managers in Louisville,, room for career growth, good pay.

Cons

Too much chaos after the merger with CHI. Too many issues with CHI's software that are not being dealt with. Senior management in Denver is unresponsive and makes unrealistic demands. Job cuts put too much work on remaining employees. Very, very stressful.

Listen to your local management. You will get much better results if you deal with problems now rather than ignore them. Fix the problems or increase staffing to deal with them.

11. Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are descent and affordable

Cons

don't care about the people that work for them, just the money - in healthcare - there is more to a business than the money..there is a person behind it.

Learn to treat people with loyalty - there is none of this at KentuckyOne Health.