Kerasotes ShowPlace

www.kerasotes.com

Kerasotes ShowPlace Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Kerasotes ShowPlace – US – “Christie 35mm projector”

Tony Kerasotes

Great job but the experience is made complete by the quality of your coworkers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is relatively easy to get promoted. The people that you work with will definitely determine whether or not the experience of the job is worth bearing.

ConsNot much opportunity for growth honestly. Each manager has a different philosophy towards the way the handle different situations and that makes it harder for the employees to complete tasks consistently.

LOVE IT

General Staff (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsFree Popcorn and Soda, Free Movies
    Easy work, no stress
    Great Bosses
    Flexible hours

Cons- team leaders get way over their heads
    - break room is super small, and there is always a bunch of employees on break

Advice to Senior ManagementMake me a team leader one day!

A terrible place

Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, IN

ProsFree popcorn, a cone for drinks, one movie every other week.

ConsManagement, mindless tasks, sending employees home early to cut hours

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like people and they might actually want to work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fine for what it was

Shift Manager (Former Employee) Muncie, IN

ProsWere generally very flexible about work and vacation time, shifts. People were friendly and the perks of free movies is always appreciated. Good part time or college employer, and great for high schoolers who don't mind working nights and weekends.

ConsNot a great company for advancement. Had worked for four years, applied for a new position and did not even get a rejection notice or even a phone call. That said, local leadership was always supportive.

Good job for a high school student.

Cashier (Former Employee) Schererville, IN

ProsAlways an opportunity to get more hours from people who don't want their shift and the scheduling was usually pretty good. Free movie passes gives you something to do, especially in the summer. The people I worked with were really friendly, from the management down.

ConsIf you become a closer in concessions, your weekend nights are gone. Schedule changed from week to week.

Advice to Senior ManagementLower prices to bring in more business, raise wages to please employees.

Place was okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily like - nice owners and managers

ConsSold most of the company a few years ago

Only Work Here If You Have To

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYoung staff, flexible hours, many different responsibilities and positions can make some days more interesting, free movies when not working during available hours.

ConsLow pay, aggressive and lewd management, high employee turnover rate, some responsibilities lie in a gray zone of legality, dirty conditions, long hours with only one short break.

Was a good first job for culinary student. Company policies deteriorating.

Line Cook (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCurrently there is a good Chef and Souse Chef in the kitchen at the lobby lounge. They have good ideas, ask for contributions to the menu and do a good job training and teaching professional kitchen skills.

When I first started I was with other culinary graduates and this was a fun and fantastic first job in the industry.

ConsWhere to start? Devaluation of employees who are not only treated like commodities but are reminded of it by upper management. The restaurant, when I started, was manned by culinary school graduates who trained for their position in the kitchen. In a years time they are all gone. It is the management's view that there is no difference between a trained culinary worker and an untrained candy counter worker. In fact management has made it known they feel there is no difference between the concession stand and the restaurant.

No raises are given, EVER. This is due upper management's belief that anybody is trainable and it's easier to have a revolving door of new employees than to reward and keep the ones that do a good job.

New policy to cut all non-management workers hours back to 29 per week so the company doesn't have to pay into Obama care. So where I was full time I am now barely part time.

As a result of these things the quality of cooks has suffered and the quality of food preparation has suffered which, for what the restaurant asks, will start driving away customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a decent wage. Value your good employees and try to keep them at all costs. Put politics aside and learn how to work within the system rather than skirt responsibility.

Pretty poorly managed. There are much better places to get started at.

Concessions (Former Employee) Machesney Park, Winnebago, IL

ProsThey will hire pretty much anyone. They can be flexible with your schedule.

ConsThey will hire pretty much anyone and this is very apparent in managerial positions. They are open on all holidays and will expect you to work some. They play favorites with hours that are given. If you are under 18 they pay less than minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that your managers are being fair.

view from the inside

Chef/Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosfree movies somewhat simple job requirements

Consno employee appreciation, uncaring disillusioned workforce, Very cheap upper-management would rather fire and replace a existing employee than give a raise or adjust schedule.
    once you reach middle management there is almost no opportunity for further growth or even raises.
    Company has been promising a bonus program for 3 years with no sign of actually following through with it.

Advice to Senior Managementpay your employees and listen to them once and a while and a little employee appreciation goes a long way

Worked for Kerasotes ShowPlace? Contribute to the Community!