Kerrville ISD Reviews

2 reviews filtered by
5.0
CEO

1. A dream school district!

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Kerrville ISD

Pros

Kerrville ISD is a small school district that truly cares about the kids. When I was employed at Tivy High School, the principal and staff always reiterated that concept. I left for a larger school district and realized quickly that I made a mistake. The training for new teachers was beyond superb. Kerrville ISD as a whole, allows its employees to take advantage of any opportunites as well as contribute any and all ideas to better the education of the children of Kerrville. The kids are wonderful. Of course as a teacher you will always have your challenges, but the district provides so much support and the open door policy is truly an OPEN DOOR POLICY. They set you up for sucess and not failure. Even though Kerrville is small and often conservative, the district is extremely open minded.

Cons

The pay is not comparable to larger districts in the nearby San Antonio area, but it is the highest in the hill country area. As in any school district, some of teachers can sometimes be downers and close-minded, but that is far and few. I am unable to provide too many cons because it was truly an amazing place to be at.

Continue with the mind-set that what you do every day is truly about the kids. It was great to be in a district where that was always carried out every day.

2. Kerrville ISD best in the Hill Country

I have been working at Kerrville ISD

Pros

Kerrville is a beautiful place with a fantastic, supportive community. The kids are amazing with great attitudes and willing to put out effort.

Cons

Kerrville is isolated, especially if you are single and over 30. There are a lot of retirees on fixed incomes so bond issues are all but impossible.

I would like to see less emphasis on standardized tests and more emphasis on individual student achievement.