Kessler Collection

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard C. Kessler

Great first job in a corporate based atmosphere.

Bartender (Former Employee)

I worked at Kessler Collection full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat money, fantastic benefits for a tipped employee.

ConsLong working hours. At certain locations, can be a very drama-filled atmosphere regarding colleagues.

Review of Savannah

I worked at Kessler Collection full-time for more than a year

Prosgood compensation. good benefits, properties a fantastic

ConsThey are not adding more hotels

Beautiful properties with excellent guest service.

I have been working at Kessler Collection full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood tools and resources i.e. a company-wide intranet, online application program, standardization of many processes and procedures, and a clearly mapped mission statement and vision.

ConsThe upper management team does not live by the company-stated values yet instead reigns with tyranny and fear. Each property is themed differently and has its own market but sometimes SOPs can be too restrictive and the "one size fits all" is short-sighted.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the properties what they are doing right. The recognition program should include your participation.

This is a passion, not a job!

I have been working at Kessler Collection full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork hard, work smart and corporate gives you the ability to be your own boss.

ConsTrying to decide which of our 5 new properties that I want to go work at when they open.

Short Lived Employment

I worked at Kessler Collection

ProsPay is pretty decent considering other hotels in the area and the luxury style of boutique hotel. Very beautiful property, but fades over time.

ConsHoneymoon effect wears off and you begin to see the light. Management is poor and usually brought in from outside, not from within. I have seen the chopping block bit. Corporate employees (family) never seem to be on same page and will not admit fault on their end.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the staff what they're doing right more than once a year and live up to those values you want bestowed. Reward your "Grand Performers" with more than an evaluation that we know is pretty much just ridicule.

overworked, underappreciated

Bartender (Former Employee)

I worked at Kessler Collection full-time

Prosmost co-workers
little management supervision
Free food after weddings

Cons-not busy
-freezing cold
-constant repetitive training
-terrible management
the whole thing is a facade

A family run business that likes to think it's corporate

I worked at Kessler Collection full-time for more than a year

ProsInitially the hotel is beautiful, but as time passes, you can begin to see the flaws.
Met some friends that I will have for life.

ConsThey don't live up to their "Kessler Cares" philosophy and things are constantly changing. From employees, to management, to how they think they want things done/addressed. Anytime Corporate came to visit, everyone became very uneasy wondering if they were next on the chopping block. I've always been an over-achiever, but here I just came in, worked as under the radar as I could, and went home ... The potential for growth has happened for a rare few, but most employees don't make it that long.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake up your minds - and hire non-family for upper / corporate management .... or at least communicate between yourselves so you're all on the same page and agreement of how things should be.

overall

I have been working at Kessler Collection full-time for more than a year

ProsBeautiful properties. good salary/benefits nice locations.

Consvery poor upper management at main office. Poor communication for job expectation but expect the impossible. Don't read audit reports, wait for equipment to brake and than make you rush to buy one. Don't trust leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your leader, that is why you hired them.

Very poor, unqualified corporate leaders trying to run the company

I worked at Kessler Collection full-time

ProsAbsolutely beautiful hotels. Employees that WANT to do a good job if given the chance. It stops there.

ConsIneptness at the corporate level. No one cares about the employees. Benefits are some of the poorest in the industry. There is no program to promote within. They dont walk the talk.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet someone to run the company that knows how and CARES.

Turn over at all position levels with this company is shocking!

Food and Beverage (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kessler Collection full-time for more than a year

ProsI can honestly say there is nothing to say except the hotels are beautiful but it stops there.

ConsThe firing that goes on with this company is frightening. So many people losing their jobs for reasons that are frivolous or ego based by senior level leadership. Even on the corporate level the turnover is extremely high. Be wary of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore so to ownership. Your corporate leaders are turning your hotels into undesirable places to work. The reputation of Kessler collection is very very bad within the industry. I thought when hiring on with Kessler it would be a plus for my résumé, instead it's an embarrassment. I'm interviewing with other companies and hope to get hired soon. This company is just awful.

Worked for Kessler Collection? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kessler Collection reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kessler Collection CEO Richard C. Kessler. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Kessler Collection employees.