Kessler International

Updated December 11, 2014
1.6

CEO

Great place to work!

I have been working at Kessler International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Kessler is a great place for someone who is looking to learn. You will be given tons of opportunities to expand and grow, and if you show an aptitude for responsibility you'll be awarded more responsibility. The work is always changing, and there is always a new challenge. It is never boring.

Cons

It is a fast paced and deadline driven environment. In order to succeed, you'll need to have the ability to be willing to step in to help the team when necessary.

Horrific

I worked at Kessler International

Pros

I honestly cannot find one good thing to say about Kessler. It was the worst experience of my life.

Cons

I have nightmares from the abuse endured at this place. The dogs are disgusting and are allowed to defecate wherever they please. Yelling is considered appropriate communication. Marital fights can break out at any time.... The company in whole is a sham... If you are looking to be employed here, I guess its a great fit if you are a masochist. These people are sick, smug, and horrible employers. I have post traumatic stress disorder..... thank you Kessler.

Close business and repent

Always advertising on Craigslist - revolving door

Former Employee - "writer" in Port Jefferson Station, NY
    Former Employee - "writer" in Port Jefferson Station, NY

I worked at Kessler International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

This is literally the worst place I have ever worked and it is the stuff nightmares are made of. Verbally abusive work environment. Shouting, yelling, adult temper tantrums. There is dog bowel movements everywhere. Dog friendly offices are ok, but come on. This company constantly advertising on Craigslist and has been for years. They can't keep employees, as reviews here show. The only positive review is clearly written by their one assistant who has stayed for years. I have bad memories/flashbacks of this "company" and each time I drive past their office in Port Jeff Station, I shudder. Kessler touts itself as being an international company, located worldwide. This is not accurate. They use a call service, but they aren't actually go-to offices.

There is no HR to go to, there's no conflict resolution.

Medication & anger management. You should know this by now...it's why you can't keep a single employee!

Save Yourself

Former Employee - "Staff Writer" in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - "Staff Writer" in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Kessler International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here. Please read on:

Cons

i certainly wish reviews like this were available before my Kessler experience. Like the other reviewers, I took a job with Kessler International because of a fairly friendly interview and well, because I was just out of school. Excited to have a full-time job at such an official sounding company, I somehow saw past the dog feces on the floor, an unprofessional (read: intolerable) boss, and the revolving door of other employees. I showed up to work early, stayed late, worked through lunch and did everything that was asked of me. Like I said, I was an eager new employee. Despite this, one mood swing caused the manager to verbally abuse myself and other coworkers.

I'm happy to report I have since had a thriving career in the communications field. I'll give Kessler International for one thing, teaching me that life is too short to work at a job where you are disrespected. Stay away, far away!

Very disappointed

I worked at Kessler International

Pros

Close to home, good lunch spots near by.

Cons

Extremely rude management. No one lasts more than a few months except the three admin. Very condescending atmosphere. Had a lot of days where I was screamed at for decisions my boss had made and then he "forgot". The interviews were nice but very misleading. Both interviews I received a very different vibe then I got in my next few months working there. It said willing to train but I guess by train they meant scream at you until you have done trial and error until your blue in the face because bottom line is you have no clue what management is asking for. Scream at you over the intercom, employees are interchangeable to them. I saw too many people come and go in my stay with this company. I would avoid it, you're going to be miserable. Also the dogs smell so bad and go to the bathroom all over the office and they leave it there. So gross.

Get rid of the dogs, they smell so bad. This famous quote is my message to the CEO: "what happens if we invest in developing our people and they leave us.. What if we don't and they stay?" In other words treat your employees like crap and they will do the bare minimum and leave the first chance they get. Take a business school logic class my friend.

Looking for Saps

I worked at Kessler International

Pros

Staff has a high tolerance for boss' flaws, have been with him a while. Their patience extends to newcomers.

Cons

Dirty and smelly office with dogs. They are small and would be cute if housebroken. Boss thinks he is a Drill Sargent, yells at coworkers over intercom throughout office. Disrupting and unprofessional. Always complaining about how little money he is making and how it is all the fault of the staff, which is why he cannot pay more. Expects free overtime, but will dock you when you take an hour off to see the doctor. Seriously! It happened to me after putting in 50+ hour weeks of my own accord.

The dogs are sweet, but they need to be walked. Also, consider a more professional approach when dealing with staff. Yelling and cheating them out of wages is disrespectful and will only create a similar attitude on their part, manifested more subtly.

yuck

Former Employee - Finance in Port Jefferson, NY
    Former Employee - Finance in Port Jefferson, NY

I worked at Kessler International full-time

Pros

location was close to home. the staff all seemed nice. Only one person had been there over a year. Red Flag

Cons

The smell of dog urine and poop in the halls are enough to send you running, but if not management will. They treat employees very disrespectfully. It is very uncomfortable to bear witness to such abuse while inhaling the ammonia of urine simultaneously. Would not recommend to anyone with an ounce of self respect.

have your carpets cleaned, train your dogs and take a class on how to effectively run your business.

Stay Away

Former Employee - Accountant in Port Jefferson Station, NY
    Former Employee - Accountant in Port Jefferson Station, NY

I worked at Kessler International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no pros to working at Kessler International

Cons

During the short period of time I was employed at Kessler International, these are the things I learned:
    • Management is rude and inconsiderate to their employees
    • Kessler International is deceitful regarding the number of employees and office locations
    • Management bring their dogs to work and they defecate throughout the office