Keste Reviews in Plano, TX

3.7

Keste CEO Howard Moore
Howard Moore

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome to work for such a cutting edge company!

I have been working at Keste full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great growth opportunities if you're a technical expert looking to grow your skills.

Cons

Keste is a smaller company so you have to continue to promote the company 24/7.

Continue to promote your people as your #1 asset.

Wonderful place to work

I have been working at Keste full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Keste has allowed me the opportunity to grow and develop in ways that I would have never expected. The leadership here at Keste is always willing to listen to you and provide a solution when you may need one. It is a very results oriented organization that looks for people who want to work hard, which is half the fun! I've never met a leadership team that cares to give back to their employees as much as Keste's leaders do! Here at Keste I am excited to come to work and that makes me happy!

Cons

Leadership looks for people who want to work hard, if you are not a hard worker then this wouldn't be a good environment for you.

Keep doing what you're doing.

My experience with Keste has been very positive and would highly recommend to friends.

I have been working at Keste full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture at Keste is great and almost all employees get along great. Many people go for lunch together and even live together and/or hang out in the evenings. Hard work is commended with promotions and pay raises which has happened twice in the past 2.5 years for me.

Cons

It is a consulting company and therefore there will be travel involved. However, we try to make good decisions by placing resources in traveling roles when that is desired and try to keep people at home when preferred.

Keep it as lean as possible. Building up too many 'non-billable' employees will only apply more pressure to 'billable' employees to keep very busy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT & GROWING!

I have been working at Keste full-time

Pros

- Work with the best & brightest from technical professionals to C-level Executives
     - Collaborative work environment
     - Internal Training & Development with cross training opportunities
     - Diverse work environment, a great company culture is fostered when you have a diverse work group
     - Quickly becoming an Employer of Choice! A strong talent network
     - Hiring & Growing!
     - Global footprint

Cons

Let's make sure we embrace our employees outside of delivery and celebrate their successes as much as we do for our "wins" in delivery.

Management does a great job navigating the business and communicating with the employees. They are true champions of the Keste employees - committed to work/life balance; offering progressive careers with 4 career tracks; dedicated to training & development; competitive compensation & benefits; built a state-of-the-art facility; and committed to hiring & growing with a purpose to name a few of the strengths. Thank you for being committed & leading with integrity and passion!

My skills within my job are growing as Keste grows within its industry.

I have been working at Keste full-time for more than a year

Pros

The adaptable nature of the company results in a continuously challenging environment that leaves little room for hum-drum repetition and monotony. I am always having to discover new skills and improve myself in order to face new challenges. My personal resume grows as Keste grows its portfolio of skills.

Cons

An agile working environment doesn't leave much room for cooling down or for status quo lifestyle. So, you have to be highly motivated to succeed within the company. If you seek a position based on routine, you may want to consider working somewhere else.

Although someone isn't working directly for an external client, his/her internal efforts are critical to the success of the business as a whole outside of that project. Non-project work has value and should be more recognized even when it isn't tied directly to a revenue stream.

experience at keste

Former Employee - Intern  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Plano, TX

I worked at Keste as an intern for less than a year

Pros

above average pay for intern. friendly work environment.

Cons

very low career growth oppurtunities

Keste Response

Aug 7, 2013Director, Talent Acqusition

Good Morning. We appreciate feedback & are paying attention. Keste continues to strive to be a top employer & we can only get better with feedback. Developing clearly defined career tracks has ... More

Great Oracle Platinum Partner!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Keste full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to play with great Oracle technologies
    They have Exadata and Exalogic systems in house (just a perk)
    They are making money and not just spending it
    They provide training (you need to request and get it approved)
    Keste is full of the best and brightest people
    Keste is flexible with most issues (working remote, travel restrictions, negotiations)

Let me start of by saying that I interview new Oracle candidates on a weekly basis. I have asked Keste, what exactly are they looking for in new a hire? The answer from our staffing group is always, we want the BEST and the BRIGHTEST! Keste is not looking for someone that likes to "get by" or someone that is just looking for that next job, they are looking for the top 1% of the population.

If you want a chance with Oracle and the advanced tech that surrounds Oracle, Keste is a great place to grow your already built Oracle knowledge! There are other corps out there that will run you and run you until you drop. Keste is not like that. You might get put on a project that makes you work harder than you've ever worked before, but you will learn, grow and mature from that experience. I have interviewed with the competition and the best bang for your buck IS Keste. If you're looking for a bit of fresh air, Keste can help provide that. Make sure that when you interview with Keste, you're up front with your requirements. Keste has a very difficult interview process for certain positions. If you're one of the few highly sought after Oracle consultants, you'll have no issue getting exactly WHAT YOU WANT !! If you're like everyone else and maybe you need a bit more experience or maybe you're not polished, then I would not recommend Keste to you as they are looking for Sr. type individuals.

Cons

Not really a con, but people that do not excel at Keste, probably do not enjoy fast paced and high volume work. You have to be able to work hard and adapt to change. Keste is a small company, but they have strong goals and management is always willing to listen. As with most companies that are under 300 employees, management is pretty flat. This is good and bad. I enjoy working directly for the CTO. However, he holds me to a very high standard, this can be good and bad at times. I've worked for VP's and CEO/CTOs for the majority of my career and I have found it to be very rewarding. I read one persons feedback that said that Keste was the worse place he has ever worked. That seemed a bit harsh and unwarranted. Keste is NOT the worse place to work and I promise you that if you're open, willing to adapt and hard working, Keste is actually a very pleasant company. Out of the 8 reviews (9 if you count mine), the negative reviews are from people that did not communicate well with management or didn't get along with others. Don't be hard headed people, learn about your team and be flexible, small companies like this usually have less structure and guidance.

Keep up the good work! With 200+ employees you might have to start allowing the employees to manage a few of those day to day tasks. Running a tight ship is how you got to where you are today and I understand that, but make sure you are empowering others, listening to others and focusing on the future. I know it's hard sometimes to "give up" power, but don't think of it as "giving up", think of it as empowering others to help you grow and mature. Keste WILL get there, but you can't carry ALL the work on your shoulders 100% of the time.

Many good things but some things to work on

I have been working at Keste full-time

Pros

- Great people centric CEO.
    - Very Smart technical people
    - Great relationship with Oracle

Cons

- Very Centralized decision making that could cause delays
    - Employees are great technical people not consistently good consultants
    - hard to understand for some decisions that involve giving responsibility to resources that have no idea how to handle them.

- Decentralize some decision making
    - Remove some of the redundant processes that only cause delay

If you like inefficiency this is a great place to work

I have been working at Keste full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Beautiful office environment
    Ability to work from home at times
    Convenient location
    Free water, coffee and tea
    You will not starve, always a lot of food around from random meetings
    They are a functioning company

Cons

Meetings really don't accomplish much
    Executives don't know how to lead
    Great place for a man to advance his career but not a woman
    Micromanagement is rampant
    They hire you to do a job and then put up roadblocks every step of the way
    No respect or professionalism
    They expect you to be available all the time

Invest in your people
    Stop spending money on things that don't really matter in the long run
    Take some executive leadership courses and put them into practice
    Lean the golden rule
    Lean how to budget

Keste is a growing technology consulting company which specializes in Oracle applications and hardware.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Keste

Pros

Executives do care
    Positive recognition
    Can share your ideas, not always implemented but at least listened to
    A beautiful office environment
    Work from home at times
    Fun people
    Executive leadership is generous and fair

Cons

Executives can be hard to track down when you need answers
    There is not much training for new people about what the company does
    It is a sink or swim situation

Provide more training

Worked for Keste? Contribute to the Community!