Kestler Financial Group

Updated May 12, 2014
3.7

Kestler Financial Group CEO Jason Kestler
Jason Kestler

Pros
  • The CEO literally rides a scooter around the office (in 2 reviews)

• You will learn to bother people when they least want you and you will learn to focus on one product over all others (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • As best I can tell outside of family members less than 1/3 of the employees have been there more than a year (in 3 reviews)

• If you dont have the last name "Kestler" then forget about promotions , perks, or job security (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Bright future for an IMO like KFG.

I worked at Kestler Financial Group

Pros

Full disclosure, I don't currently work at KFG any longer. I had to leave due to a family situation but had worked there for over three years. While working there I learned about the financial services industry from the ground up. The training was very good and still sticks with me today. I worked with financial planers around the country. The wage and atmosphere was very good. There is plenty of ways to move up the food chain here. The people are very nice and make the day go by fast.

Cons

There is an incredible amount of time and energy focused on our customers. Every little detail is debated.

You've put some very talented people in key sits in your company. Stay out of the way and watch them thrive.

Baby Boomers fuel our company

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group

Pros

I used to work for a competitor before I started at KFG. What a difference! At KFG I have voice and it's heard. I spend most of my day on the phone helping agents/reps with potential cases. My group of reps is on track to double production this year. Yes, I'm that good, but it also helps that I have access to the best products out there. We've always been on the forefront of new product offerings.

Cons

Our competition isn't afraid to copy everything we do, so we constantly have to keep reinventing ourselves to set us apart.

Stay focused on what we are good at. We don't need every product under the sun, just the best products.

Healthy & Active

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group

Pros

Time flies at work. Hardly enough time to eat lunch or go to bathroom. Our reps are the best of the best. Well paid to talk all day and put out "fires." The travel can be fun at times. My peers inside the office are a lot of fun and also hard working.

Cons

Sometimes our reps blame us for the insurance carrier screwing up.

Keep heading in the current direction.

Great working environment, nice colleagues, plenty of learning opportunities

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group

Pros

Good pay, plenty of ways to gain experience outside your specific job area. Great work life balance, compensation and flexibility. Provides a good knowledge of insurance marketplace. If growing your income and not your title are ok, this is the place.

Cons

Can be competitive at times. There are no secrets.

I really appreciate the new benefits packages. Please don't change them.

It's been a couple years.

I worked at Kestler Financial Group

Pros

When I worked KFG was still in their older offices. I recently visited their new offices. Holy Cow, I wish I worked in the new offices. The old office was dated but the new office is full of energy and appears to be a fun place to work. I am now an advisor that uses Kestler's services. With all the other choices of IMOs I choose to work with Kestler because I know they truly care about my business. They will do everything in their legal means to help get my case issues as quickly as possible. Additionally, they have access to products that most other IMOs don't have access too.

Cons

As an employee sometimes the advisors take their frustration out on you even though they should be blaming the insurance carrier and not the person who advocates on their behalf.

Spend more time checking in on your staff. You have some amazing people on your team.

In the clouds

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group

Pros

My title "in the clouds" refers to the "acoustic clouds" that hang above the desks to dampen the sound of everyone on their phones. The days at KFG go by very quickly! I sometimes forget to eat lunch. The financial advisors that we help are great to work with. I spend my day answering questions about annuity products. Albeit, I'm not saving the world but the job pays well and my day goes by quickly. It appears the company is growing year over year. Our most recent hires are awesome.

Cons

Many of the people that work here have been around for a while aren't as comfortable with the new technology platforms. These employees need to invest the time to learn the new way of doing things and stop complaining.

Keep investing in technology and people with experience, it will be what separates you from the competition.

Prepare to be challenged

Current Employee - Administrative in Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group

Pros

KFG will challenge you on all fronts, healthy life style, work ethic, etc. My co-workers and I are very tight. Like any office there is always a little drama, but we figure it out and deal with it. I started about a year and half ago. So far so good. I didn't realize how much I'd be traveling.

Cons

Some of the trainings are a bore, but I guess that's how we get better at what we do. They are big on self-improvement.

Open the blinds and let more light in. Great office layout. Keep the candy dish full. :)

Work life balance is yours to balance

Former Employee - Wholesaler in Leesburg, VA
    Former Employee - Wholesaler in Leesburg, VA

I worked at Kestler Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

What I like about working here is that I can determine the trajectory of my career. If I want to move up the food chain, I simply study and turn my knowledge to power. You simply get out of it what you put into it. I no longer work at Kestler, but I have very fond memories of the team that helped me get to where I am today. I believe the negative comments are from some of my jealous former co-workers. Kestler simply gave me the stage to take my career to the next level. After two years, I was making six figures and I am now out on my own as a financial planner. They have always been very gracious. In fact, I still work with them as an advisor.

Cons

None to really think of. Transitioning to the personal finance was a little tricky, but that really falls on my shoulders.

The management/leadership changes made in 2010, Employee Advisory Board, Insperity, etc have really changed the company. Continue to invest in your employees.

Lost & Found

I worked at Kestler Financial Group

Pros

I am a former employee of Kestler Financial Group. I left after having my first baby. I wanted to continue to work at Kestler from home, but at the time they weren't comfortable with that type of arrangement. I'm glad to see they have changed their stance. I was disappointed to have to say b\good bye to my Kestler co-workers. I learned alot while I was there and formed very strong relationships. I was bitter when I had to leave, but only because I didn't to leave, but my family came first.

Cons

At the time the technology was limited for me to work from home. It's my understanding they have moved on to a system that now makes it possible.

Don't be concerned about having employees that work from home. We can provide the same quality of service that in office employees do.

Great Company Culture

Former Employee - Securities in Leesburg, VA
    Former Employee - Securities in Leesburg, VA

I worked at Kestler Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family friendly, flexible schedule, awesome benefits provided by Insperity, educational reimbursement, lots of free lunches, modern equipment and very cool office. You also get two paid "Give Back to the Community Days" where you can volunteer for your favorite charity.

Cons

If you don't use all of you vacation time you can carry over up to a max of 40 hours into the following year. You have an option to sell back your unused vacation for $.50 on the dollar.

Find more time to check-in with the staff to see how they are doing in their personal lives.

Kestler Financial Group Photos