Ketchum Change
www.ketchum.com New York, NY 16 to 50 Employees

Ketchum Change Reviews

David Rockland

Great boutique consulting experience, with a dash of entrepreneurial spirit

ProsGreat people, interesting projects and with access to Ketchum's client roster and a wide variety in the project work (internal communications, OD, change management)

ConsLess opportunity to specialize or focus on one part of the business. Sometimes viewed as an afterthought (as a specialty business within a PR agency). The work/life balance is often sub-par but the limited travel is a nice feature.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, we're heading in the right direction.

Entrepreneurial in spirit, where growing their business and their people is top priority

ProsThe leadership is exceptional. They give people at all levels the opportunity to speak up, take ownership of client projects and they are coaches instead of bosses. The projects vary and the clients come from all industries. You can request certain projects or clients within reason to help develop your skills or capitalize on a focus area. They really believe in their people and their vision for the company.

ConsIf compared to a traditional management consulting firm, their salaries and perks are below average. If compared to a PR company, their salaries and perks are above average. Being part of Ketchum PR, this is the paradigm they find themselves struggling with in order to remain salary competitive.

Creative, comfortable environment where one can truly shine

ProsGreat culture. Nice balance between entrepreneurial spirit of a boutique firm with resources/access/brand recognition of a large organization. Diversity of clients, engagements. Creative environment is fresh and energetic. Atypical consulting model a plus - less travel, more diversity of clients/experiences, closer to connection to consultancy.

ConsSpecialty change business in the context of communications organization requires vision, assertiveness and willingness to adapt and reframe for colleagues/partners. Atypical consulting model requires love for and ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities well.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote change in the context of creativity and communications!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome culture, great work and clients

New York, NY

ProsAmazing team, creative and challenging work, great leadership, unique position as niche business inside a large communications agency

ConsIncredibly fast-paced work environment, demanding clients, lean but growing team sometimes feels too lean

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we continue to grow so quickly, please make sure to keep the amazing, close-knit culture alive!

Amazing people, challenging work, creative consulting

New York, NY

ProsI've been at KPC for over a year and the organization has done a complete 180. With a team that is 95% new, yet still has history and roots from Stromberg Consulting, along with outstanding leadership, our boutique consultancy has turned into a power house for innovative change management thinking, the highest standards of client service and break through thought leadership.

The team is made up of smart, fun and motivated consultants. The culture is set up to be supportive for those starting off a career path and entrepreneurial for those looking to use their experience to bring fresh ideas and insights to client challenges. And, for a typical consulting firm, the travel model is much more manageable which allows you to still have a home base the majority of the time.

With the collaboration and backing of Ketchum, we have a strong foundation as a communications firm, but targeted expertise in change management, organizational effectiveness and employee communications/engagement. Our projects are grounded in Change/OD methodology with the expectation and room to create innovative and unique solutions for each different project.

ConsThere are the typical work/life balance challenges that come with any consulting job. Although the travel is about 30-40% (rather than 100%), we are still in a client service focused role, which often requires more than a typical 9-5 day. Since we are a small team and our business is growing very fast (which is great), we are working in a fast-paced environment and often are balancing multiple projects at once. On the flip side, this allows a lot of opportunity for career growth and the ability to be challenged. Additionally, to address the commitment and hard work, the leadership team promotes flexibility in work schedules and is really great about encouraging and supporting work/life balance to the extent possible in this industry.

A great consultancy squandered

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsOverall a great team of talent from the legacy Stromberg Consulting group. Work consists of some great brands from the Ketchum and Omnicom roster.

ConsLeaders who grew up in the PR business trying to run a consultancy. Increasingly an internal communications shop with a culture, benefits, development and leadership being driven by the PR mothership.

Advice to Senior ManagementKetchum has struggled for nearly 10 years to integrate the former Stromberg Consulting, with a rotating door of 7 leaders in 9 years. They are now losing even more ground as they struggle to integrate the Pleon communications shop.

Worked for Ketchum Change? Contribute to the Community!

Ketchum Change – Why Work for Us?

Ketchum Change is the leading creative change & communications consultancy. We know that only one thing stands between strategy and results – your people. We create breakthrough engagement strategies that inspire human… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ketchum Change reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ketchum Change CEO David Rockland. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Ketchum Change employees.