Ketchum Reviews

Reset
3.9
Ketchum CEO Rob Flaherty
Rob Flaherty

Pros
  • Great place to learn new skills but it's best to leave after a year (in 8 reviews)

• There is opportunity to work with great clients and leadership is good at matching assignments to passion (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is essentially non-existent even though it is touted often (in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no compensation for overtime (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Best company!

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

good communication, happy staff, upbeat, flexible

Cons

none that i can think of

2. Love Ketchum

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

Great people culture all throughout

Cons

Very top heavy and need more junior staff

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

3. An Amazing Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ketchum

Pros

The number one reason to work at Ketchum is the people. They are not only incredibly bright and insightful, they are also good people. From the top down, everyone I met was helpful, supportive and genuinely cared about each other. This is the type of place where you're always excited to go to work in the morning.

Cons

entry level salaries aren't the best, but they are comparable to similar size agencies. 8:30am start is early, but then again I'm not a morning person. Thats about all the cons I can come up with.

Advice to Management

If you keep doing what you're doing and stay true to the company's core values, you will continue to attract the high caliber of talent you have today.

5. I have had a very positive experience at Ketchum. I think it is a great place to work.

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

You get to work with smart, creative people who are passionate about what they do.

Cons

Sometime the hours can be long, but there is still a commitment to work life balance.

6. Ketchum is an excellent place to work.

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

Emphasis on the right areas: excellent client service, collaboration, strong culture, stable senior management, one of the few places in the industry where people can make a career and continually reinvent themselves, strong ethics and values, good career opportunities for those who work hard and share the companies ethics, great focus recently on creativity and differentiation

Cons

some managers are too comfortable in their positions and not held as accountable as others; not every office leader in the organization buys into the Ketchum culture and this can create a disconnect for some people

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, creating an ethical, friendly work environment for people who deliver great results for their clients. But also make sure that everyone in the organization is held to the same standard.

7. great place to work, need to be proactive

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

fun, caring people, career development, dynamic, interesting

Cons

public company restrictions (approval needed a lot)

8. Fantastic place to start and grow your carrer in communications

Current Employee - Vice President/Group Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President/Group Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

Talented and creative staff, great clients and culture that fosters break through thinking

Cons

Very fast-paced environment that demands commitment

9. I have my dream job here at Ketchum. I have work-life balance and spend my days with intelligent, creative, fun people.

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

In my field, Ketchum is recognized as a true leader. I have phenomenal resources from throughout the agency to help me and my team deliver top results to clients. We really care about doing excellent work and having a thriving workplace. We work with colleagues from different offices throughout our network and the Global Practice Leader for my specialty area is one of the brightest in the business.

Cons

Ketchum is owned by Omnicom, which is a publicly-traded company. As such, we must adhere to very strict rules and some procedures can be cumbersome.

10. Personally and Professionally Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ketchum

Pros

Ketchum is a collaborative, accepting place to work and I have built great friendships here. These are people I enjoy working with and as relationships deepen over the years, I like coming to work more and more. I have the opportunity to use my strengths every day. Ketchum focuses on training and development, identifying internal and external subject matter experts to help employees at all levels continue to develop in their careers.

Cons

The pace is very fast - it can be a little like "baptism by fire." I think managers try to do a good job of bringing on new people, but sometimes client demands and travel hinder this. Client work is demanding and compensation (as an industry) is lower than other fields.

11. Best Big Agency in the PR World

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ketchum full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

=Collaborative, team-oriented environment =Shape award winning creative work =Grow, thrive and reinvent yourself =Good, smart people who care about each other

Cons

=Financial pressures of working for a public company =High expectations for breakthrough creative thinking

Advice to Management

Keep allowing people to challenge themselves with new roles/responsibilities!

RSS Feed </> Embed