Kettering Health Network

Fred Manchur

Excellent

Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Kettering, OH
    Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Kettering Health Network part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working directly with public and the NICU team.

Cons

Schedule based on unit census. Job has become almost non existent with a low number of babies in NICU.

Being fair with everyone's hours worked.

Message to Kettering: Try investing in your employees instead of playing monopoly in Dayton

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Kettering Health Network part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful co-workers with amazing work ethic

Cons

Pay is far below industry standard, management very unorganized and promotes a culture where employees are scared to lose their jobs, very low morale in some busy areas, employees who work hard and deserve full - time positions get nothing but empty promises and taken advantage of because Kettering won't pay their benefits (which are lackluster to begin with).
        Here's a thought: instead of Kettering buying every medical building they can get their hands on and plastering their "k" everywhere, how about you invest in your employees who make your company what it is. Your company is only as happy and healthy as your employees, and they are not feeling half the pride of being part of this organization that they once did.

Great Place

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Kettering Health Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work. Very happily employed

Cons

I have none at this time

overall great place to work

I worked at Kettering Health Network full-time

Pros

Kettering is a good company overall. Made a lot of life long friends there.

Cons

lots of politics. management not realistic on the job that needed to be done.

listen to the little people

Everyone was very friendly and helpful

I worked at Kettering Health Network as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very knowledgeable, friendly and respectful

Cons

would have liked more pay

A seriously wonderful bunch of people working for a seriously lacking company.

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant II in Kettering, OH
    Current Employee - Nursing Assistant II in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Kettering Health Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work with some seriously wonderful people. I've went so far as to recommend kmc to my friends and family because I consider it to be a really descent place to work. The days are long and busy, but overall rewarding. Its the employees who make the experience worth while. My manager, in particular, is an angel and I'm thankful she hired me and has such confidence in me.

Cons

I personally would not come here (kmc) for care, but I also have no other hospital to compare it too. My mom, who has worked for various hospitals within the KHN for over 10 years tells me its almost completely different from the place she remembers. Apparently KHN used to be wonderful in almost every way. Now the opposite is true. The employees are stressed because there is simply too much to do and not enough help. It has been my personal experience that several units in the hospital operate short staffed on a daily basis. More work is often given out without added help, or the subtraction of previous assignments. Also, hourly charting is a joke.
    I could go on, but what it boils down to is this: higher pay and better benefits would make us all a lot happier. After, of course, hiring a few dozen more employees.

Take a few days every month or so to work the floor. Especially you fat cats at the top who make 500,000 or more a year and then tell us whether you deserve your huge paychecks and bonuses while the rest of us make a tenth of that, or less.
    Also, and again this is for the company, stop trying to expand so quickly. Re-invest in your staff and the facilities and programs you have now. Its not all about cutting cost and expanding. Sometimes I think about what Mr. Kettering himself would think about this company.

Really, a great place to work in a caring environment

I have been working at Kettering Health Network

Pros

Regular raises, caring environment, all insurances and compensation package with the exception of the employee medical insurance are top notch, yearly employee satifaction surveys to keep management thinking about how the help feels about the mission, Christian based healh model (somewhat), highly rated Cardiac and Trauma services, many employees have natural all day smiles, patients are really taken care of well despite the Cons

Cons

Poor employee healthcare insurance, no centralized comunication system between Doctors and Nursing staff, Poor RN to BSN tuition asst. and incentive program, yet they are pushing the BSN upgrade, poor computer support program (many still have Windows XP)

Consider, more intensley, programs and limitations to foster employee respect by the middle management. KHN has a overall great crew, yet I've seen some of the better ones not rendered the respect they deserve. There is now a cloud hanging over KHN because of this neglect. We love the mission of this organization, but some bad feeling are lurking in the shadows.

Okay

I worked at Kettering Health Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The patients are very wonderful.

Cons

This job was very stresfful.

Few opportunities if you are not a church member.

I worked at Kettering Health Network full-time

Pros

It is hard to think of pros for this organization. Most locations are easy to commute to in regards to local highways.

Cons

Most of the better jobs were not competed, rather they were given to church members or family member regardless of experience or qualifications.

Address the issue with nepotism; employees with skills and potential are not convinced there is any upward mobility.

Very enjoyable

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Beavercreek, OH
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Beavercreek, OH

I worked at Kettering Health Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very caring environment for both patients AND employees

Cons

Sometimes communication in the lab was lacking

Improve chain of communication